+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Question Would you complain? Should I?

I've just ended my 2 year stint running our playgroup *ahem*..

Anyway, we had our Christmas party yesterday which I booked the entertainer for, and she didn't really deliver on her proposal (or what we paid her for).

Her original proposal was -
    " I would suggest a Clown to come along and do some Christmas themed face painting, games and balloons. We would probably need 2 hours to fit these activities in with the amount of children you are expecting, we would ensure that each child receives 2 balloons, a face paint and we would play 3 BIG games with them.The price for this is $...".

I accepted the proposal and quote, and paid her a week in advance.

But it's not quite what we got..
    She showed up in regular (actually really daggy and unprofessional) clothes (not dressed as a clown as she was meant to be), and she brought her 2 yr old daughter along. I'm not overly fussed about bringing her child as it was a playgroup party so she was kept entertained and wasn't imposing whatsoever, but still..
    She also spent almost the full 2 hours doing face painting (not xmas themed as suggested but just butterflies and pirates), then quickly pumped out some balloon animals and left. I didn't even realise she'd gone until one of the mums mentioned it to me. She didn't play the "Big" games with the kids (as proposed) and they only got one balloon animal each (not 2 as proposed).

It was really disappointing as we normally hire a jumping castle on xmas party day but thought we'd get an "entertainer" this year instead, and thought thats what we were getting.. But she only really "entertained" one child at a time whilst painting their faces, and they were all asking after she'd left "where's the clown, when's the clown coming", and were all a bit disappointed

I don't know whether to just let it go or put in a complaint..
    She *is* meant to offer a professional service (and she didn't come cheap), and she only delivered on half of it..
    Would you complain?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would complain if I'm paying for a service I expect it to be pretty close to it. I understand things need to be amended (like having her daughter there) but overall it doesn't sound like she even came close to the mark

3. The Following User Says Thank You to grooviechic35 For This Useful Post:

FloatingFairy  (09-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yep I'd complain

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes I would complain if the entertainer didn't provide the service you were quoted.

And pp is correct, face painters cost WAY less than entertainers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    definitely complain, she sounds very unprofessional!! if you wanted someone to just do face painting and balloon animals you could have spent way less than what you would pay for an "entertainer" !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies.
    I wasn't sure if I was being petty but yeah, she REALLY didn't deliver.

And I could have teamed up with another mum and done the facepainting for free..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'd complain and be asking for a refund as she didn't meet the terms of your agreement.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Californication For This Useful Post:

FloatingFairy  (09-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Now if someone could *pretty please* help my word my complaint... ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I would!!
    I hired an entertainer for my sons party and the lady who ran the business was gonna do it but was sick.The lady she sent was crap!
    She was unfriendly,rude,didnt talk to kids even snapped at one of them and grabbed their arm her stereo wouldnt work for games and really she just made a really half-**** attempt.I got my neighbour to ring the boss during party to complain.I had already paid $100 deposit so she said to not pay anymore.Really it wasnt worth that and I sent her a detailed email of complaint and she never bothered to reply.Would def bad mouth her to anyone who considered hiring her in the future!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by *Chels* View Post
    Yes I would!!
    I hired an entertainer for my sons party and the lady who ran the business was gonna do it but was sick.The lady she sent was crap!
    She was unfriendly,rude,didnt talk to kids even snapped at one of them and grabbed their arm her stereo wouldnt work for games and really she just made a really half-**** attempt.I got my neighbour to ring the boss during party to complain.I had already paid $100 deposit so she said to not pay anymore.Really it wasnt worth that and I sent her a detailed email of complaint and she never bothered to reply.Would def bad mouth her to anyone who considered hiring her in the future!!
    That's terrible.
    Well I definitely won't be recommending this one. (Not the smartest move by her as it's a fairly small area and word-of-mouth is the best advertising - especially with ours being a pretty big playgroup it would have been good exposure for her).
    It was the OWNER of the business who did ours too .