+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Christmas Presents for Teacher's

Ok I have been reading about presents for teachers on another forum where many teachers are claiming they hate home made gifts and mugs etc, now my problem is, every year I buy DD's a mug and we fill it with all sorts of home made goodies, now I don't know what to do, I love her teachers (school, swimming and dancing) and I thought the personal touch was nice but will they really just toss it in the trash like some claim to do?

Add to that I have already brought everything and as a single mum can budget $10/teacher.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by singlemumma82 View Post
    Ok I have been reading about presents for teachers on another forum where many teachers are claiming they hate home made gifts and mugs etc, now my problem is, every year I buy DD's a mug and we fill it with all sorts of home made goodies, now I don't know what to do, I love her teachers (school, swimming and dancing) and I thought the personal touch was nice but will they really just toss it in the trash like some claim to do?

Add to that I have already brought everything and as a single mum can budget $10/teacher.
    I know the thread your talking about - I really don't know about the tossing in the trash - I think any teacher that does that isn't deserving of a present.

Stick to your pressies - it's about the giving not the recieving.

Maybe if you want to make it a bit different put your homemade goodies on a nice cake plate?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to WorkingClassMum For This Useful Post:

singlemumma82  (07-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there,
    I am a teacher,and I personally love getting home cooked goodies at Xmas. I appreciate the costs people have this time of year. I would just do what you think is best,and really it's the thought that counts isn't it?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mummyjac For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks girls, that exactly what i thought, it's more the thought than the actual gift itself.

Just shocked some people an be so rude, especally in regards to presents from children.

Sparklydreamer is offline I might lack sleep, but I can dream...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My mum's a teacher and she loves the home made stuff, especially when the kids are involved. She loves the kids she teaches and loves things that remind her of them. Go ahead and give what you've planned. Give with a good grace, recieve with a good grace and hopefully others will do the same.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparklydreamer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    My husband is a teacher and he (& i, & our kids!!) love love love it when he gets a gift of goodies to eat! It is extremely thoughtful and i particularly appreciate the effort the child/mum has gone to. My husband especially feels really chuffed if he gets a gift from a student as its like the kids really appreciate the effort he puts in. Hes a high school teacher so a present makes up for being told to f off by other kids throughout the year! It really boosts his job satisfaction, self esteem etc. Good on you, dont change a thing.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Therippleeffect For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    to be honest I'd love the thoughtful home made stuff over the commericial stuff