+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default What are your New Years Resolutions?

My list is all emotional this year I have nothing to quit and nothing to start physically

- Stop making an effort where it is not wanted and use this energy for the ones who matter! (DH and DD)
    - Make more of an effort within my marriage and not be such a bloomin NAG all the time!
    - STOP sweating the small stuff and being GRATEFUL for every single second of every single day!
    - Try to be more social and make some NEW friends!

- Oh and one physical one actually is to take DD swimming so that my stupid fear of water growing up is not projected on to her

hmmm might add to this later if I pick up some good ones from you guys

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LoCo For This Useful Post:

InBetween  (04-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    - lose the remaining 15kgs to get me to my goal weight.
    - get engaged
    - open up a home loan saver account and also get our everyday savings account as a healthy number.
    - finish my diploma.
    - regain my social life.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think I want to steal most of yours!

Mine is to make it to a full year officially as a non-smoker (Feb 15 so not long), finally organise my house and clutter which should in turn help me concentrate more on organising myself, my life, the things and ppl that matter

Any weight loss one is out of the window now that I'm pregnant but I aim not to put anything more than pure baby weight on!

MuminMind is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Helpful Member, Member I'd Most Like To Meet, Most Community Minded Thread, Best Potential Moderator and Newbie of the Year Awards
    BH Advocate - PND & AND
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Great thread, LoCo!

Informing everyone of my NY resolutions makes it more committal, and I certainly don’t want that! Hehe. But as Paulo Cohelo says;

“ He knows that the words he utters will be kept in the memory of the Universe, as a record of what he thinks.
    And the warrior reflects: "why do I say so much, if I am often unable to do everything I say?" This is an important matter for reflection.
    The heart replies: "when you publicly defend your ideas, you will have to be strong in order to live up to them."

Here is my list:
    • I’m a smoker. There, I said it! I keep telling myself that I just have the occasional setback, and that I am influenced by bad company, but I even smoke when I am on my own. How can I knowingly do this to my body? I have to stop. Period. Eh…after New Years Eve and our trip away.
    • I need to become firmer and stronger. I am in terrible condition and not one of those people who are likely to join the local netball/basket/synchronized swimming/pantomime (insert whatever activity) team, so I need my goals to be achievable and not too strenuous. Also, our financial situation somewhat dictates what I can and cannot do. I would love to join a gym & spa (with a crèche, please), only consume organic fair-trade vegan delicatessen and spend an hour to myself in serene surroundings, focusing on my breath and finding my inner Zen, but this seems farfetched. So I need to come up with an alternative plan.
    • I need to modify my vegetarian diet into becoming eczema ‘friendly’. Because of this, I have to cut out diary products, and apparently also potatoes and pretty much everything else I eat. I feel so discouraged and deflated. I also need to cut out additives. My DD has become a raging pest, and I’m not feeling so flash myself. I’m 100% certain that our diet has something to do with it. I also need to start taking my multivitamins again. (I’ve got a whole cupboard full, so no excuses!)
    • I am going to finally get my drivers license! (Huge phobia of mine) and then get back into the workforce.
    • I am going to make more of an effort to improve my relationship with DP. We have gone through some hurdles (That's an understatement!)
    Ok, it is all out in the open now. It looks like it is going to be a challenging but good year ahead!

Your turn! Inspire me; entertain me!

Last edited by MuminMind; 04-12-2011 at 11:05.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know what you mean I feel better with mine already. It's out there

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Mine are just goals i wish to do next year.

The first one being get my learners. One reason why i reay want to get it is that my nana is getting older and she has to keep relying on friends to take her to hospital appointments when i should be doing that but i cant as i cant drive.

The other thing i wish to do is quit smoking.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=BBoo;6235941]
    Any weight loss one is out of the window now that I'm pregnant but I aim not to put anything more than pure baby weight on![/QUOTE

Ditto with the min weight gain while pregnant esp since I worked my butt off the last year getting past my pre-pregnancies weight! ;-)
    Also will try not to let people take advantage of my generosity anymore - our lil family comes first!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app - sorry for typos :-/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anymore?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MuminMind View Post
    Great thread, LoCo!

Informing everyone of my NY resolutions makes it more committal, and I certainly don’t want that! Hehe. But as Paulo Cohelo says;

“ He knows that the words he utters will be kept in the memory of the Universe, as a record of what he thinks.
    And the warrior reflects: "why do I say so much, if I am often unable to do everything I say?" This is an important matter for reflection.
    The heart replies: "when you publicly defend your ideas, you will have to be strong in order to live up to them."

Here is my list:
    • I’m a smoker. There, I said it! I keep telling myself that I just have the occasional setback, and that I am influenced by bad company, but I even smoke when I am on my own. How can I knowingly do this to my body? I have to stop. Period. Eh…after New Years Eve and our trip away.
    • I need to become firmer and stronger. I am in terrible condition and not one of those people who are likely to join the local netball/basket/synchronized swimming/pantomime (insert whatever activity) team, so I need my goals to be achievable and not too strenuous. Also, our financial situation somewhat dictates what I can and cannot do. I would love to join a gym & spa (with a crèche, please), only consume organic fair-trade vegan delicatessen and spend an hour to myself in serene surroundings, focusing on my breath and finding my inner Zen, but this seems farfetched. So I need to come up with an alternative plan.
    • I need to modify my vegetarian diet into becoming eczema ‘friendly’. Because of this, I have to cut out diary products, and apparently also potatoes and pretty much everything else I eat. I feel so discouraged and deflated. I also need to cut out additives. My DD has become a raging pest, and I’m not feeling so flash myself. I’m 100% certain that our diet has something to do with it. I also need to start taking my multivitamins again. (I’ve got a whole cupboard full, so no excuses!)
    • I am going to finally get my drivers license! (Huge phobia of mine) and then get back into the workforce.
    • I am going to make more of an effort to improve my relationship with DP. We have gone through some hurdles (That's an understatement!)
    Ok, it is all out in the open now. It looks like it is going to be a challenging but good year ahead!

Your turn! Inspire me; entertain me!

Wow! I could have written that myself! The smoking, the exercise, learning to drive! All except the vego diet. As well as the above:
    I want to do well at uni so I can get out of my financial rut.
    I want to sort my feelings out with XDP one way or another so we can either get back together or freely move on.
    I can't believe it's new years coming up already. 

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    i am going to learn to drive this year if i am going to be home 5 days a week with 2 kids i will go mad if we keep going to the same playgrounds, cafes and playcentres within a 2km radius. I've a few friends who live a 1 hour PT trip away which i don't mind doing, but i want the freedom to just get in the car and be there in 20 mins.