+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default To all parents with boy and girl bubs

How was your pregnancy different between your boy and girl? Or were they the same? Things like how were your cravings, morning sickness ect different I'm interested to see if any of the old wives tales are true haha

Guest Guest
    Mine were different, completely. With my boy I craved sugar and couldn't eat savoury. I would actually not put salt on anything. With my daughter the first thing I craved was salt n vinegar chips and suagry things would make sick.
    I had way less morning sickness with my daughter and I carried smaller, lower and more in the front. I also had bad skin and oily hair! With my son I had glowing clear skin and nice shiny hair.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    With my boy I had horrible morning sickness, I actually lost weight. I craved tomatoes and lasagna I would happily eat a bag of tomatoes a day and lasagna every meal I could

My girl I felt ill but no vomiting, sweet things was the craving lol

Eta: both helped my skin and hair and I honestly don't remember how I carried sorry.

TeamAwesome is offline No one's perfect, but everyone can be awesome.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've had hyperemesis and hyperthyroidism with my 1st and my 5th pregnancy, 2nd was severe m/s 3rd was bad but textbook m/s 4th was pretty bad but not severe m/s.

1st was a boy I suspected 4th pregnancy was a boy too but had a MMC, all the others were girls so it really can vary, and after discussions with friends and acquaintances it's varied for them with differing genders and even the same gender pregnancies enough of a difference between where you have no ideas.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a boy then a girl and am pregnant again with a surprise.
    My son I wasn't sick, daughter felt awful and sick for 14 weeks this one sick but not as bad as my daughter.
    Tiredness was worse with my first two pregnancies, not too bad this time.
    Cravings were stronger with my daughter, mainly had a sweet tooth with her, dairy, beer(didn't have it!) and oj with my son.
    Lemon cordial and now fruit and veg this time.
    I thought I would know what I was having this time As my first 2 pregnancies were so different but this time I reckon I am right in the middle!
    Also with my son my skin was bad and hair greasy but with my daughter great skin and hair, hope this helps!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    All 9 pregnancy's have been different. No two have even been remotely alike.

I have 3 girls and 2 boys so far........

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My 2 pregnancies have been completely different, but with saying that my SIL's have as well, and she's had a girl, and is pregnant with another girl.
    My first pregnancy(a girl), I had really bad m/s, and craved salt and vinegar chips, and savoury food, with this one (a boy), I felt a little sick, but no vomiting, alot more tired and crave sweet food. Also with this pregnancy I have horrible, oily hair and skin.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My girl I craved carbs and salt, boy I craved sweet big time! With both I'd say my morning sickness was the same. I actually did a BH poll about gender and pregnancy libido because mine vanished when pg with DD but with DS it was the opposite! I think it was pretty half half.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My pregnancies started off quite similarly so I was convinced I was having another girl - I was quite shocked at the 20 week scan when they said boy.

I was nauseous with both but never threw up. The nausea lasted longer with DD but was more intense with DS.

The big differences were my skin and how I carried. I had full blown acne with DD and clear, glowing skin with DS. I carried around my whole waist with DD and was much more sticky our the front with DS.

There were other differences but I think it was more to do with being pregnant before than the gender of the baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    With my daughter i constantly felt sick but never threw up... with my boy ive never really felt nauseous.

I had HORRIBLE swelling with my daughter i was constantly in hospital as they thought i had DVT but with the boy... (so far ) ive had almost no swelling.

My bump is a lot larger with my boy and a lot lower as well.

Cravings with my daughter was mainly sweets especially donuts and apple turnovers (YUM)... with my boy its been sausage rolls and potato salad!

Pelvic pain and trouble sleeping has been extremely hard with my boy. i had pelvic pain with my daughter but didnt really have trouble sleeping until i was about 37 weeks.