Closed Thread
Page 91 of 120 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    HUGE congrats WOMBLE on the safe arrival of Connor - what a beautiful little boy :-) I have to agree with the other comments - for a "prem" he looks very pink and healthy!!! Best of luck to you all, but I'm sure he will be fine and will continue to thrive!

Mum2Angus - I completely know what you mean - I've had to make a conscious effort to make sure I slow down and enjoy not only the pregnancy (I wished it away impatiently first time around and regretted it later!!), but also the time that I have with my little boy, while he is still the centre of our attention (God knows THAT'S going to come as a huge shock for him in a couple of months...!!!). He's almost 21 months old now, and is at such a beautiful age - we're getting the "language explosion" at the moment - and so it's great to stop and remind yourself to enjoy being able to devote all of your time to enjoying that before you start dealing with competing needs!!!

As for everyone else - especially to those whose bubs need to keep hanging in there for a while longer - I hope you're all doing well and looking after yourselves.

I can't believe we're already reached that point where the first of the bubs are making an appearance. Where has the year gone???? :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations to Womble on Conner's safe arrival. So cute upside down or the right way up!

Hope all the ladies on bed rest are doing ok and are getting through it. You have more patience than I would have! I get restless if I sit on the couch too long!

AFM - I start ante-natal classes tomorrow night so looking forward to that even though I have no idea what will happen there. I'm assuming they'll make us watch yucky birth videos and I'll want to faint when I realise what is going to happen to me in 2 months time! Has anyone started their classes/been to the classes so they can tell me what to expect. I hope I don't have to do "fat panting" as my friend called it when she had to sit around and be shown how to breath whilst pretending to be in labour! If I have to do that I know my DH and I will be in stitches laughing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Womble!! Conner is gorgeous.

Klong - I did ante natal classes in April and they were great. We didn't have to do any panting exercises thank goodness! We did watch a few videos but they weren't too bad just one on natural, c-section and breast feeding. We also did a night on pain management, went to the hospital and had a look at the rooms and equipment. You willl enjoy it.

I hope all the ladies on bed rest are doing well. You ladies are so strong!!

AFM - My last day at work is Friday!! I can't believe I am already 35 weeks. I think the baby dropped a little today but I am not 100%. I could feel her under my ribs yesterday and today she seems lower. Can it happen gradually or would I really notice the difference?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Well I now I have 9 weeks to go saw the OB yesterday and everything seems right on track. I have a final scan next week and can't wait.

I have the rest of my antenatal classes on this weekend, hopefully they will be good. Also have the pregnancy and baby expo next weekend and my baby shower so everything is starting to happen. I just find that I am so tired lately I am finding it hard to get some motivation. We are movin house in 7 weeks and I still have to pack everything. I just want to move already so I can put Bubs room together and feel organized.

I hope that everyone is doing well. So close now there is surely to be some more birth announcements in the coming weeks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I must be the only one not doing the antenatal classes? I have been to a couple of births so I figure I know what I need to do haha. I know how to breathe, and I know what drugs are available, so thats all I need. I'll stress too much if I start going to classes.

I have been watching a few births on youtube though. Some of them are amazing to watch.

Im starting to feel tired too Hampton. I have 7 weeks left and I am so exhausted. I think its due to lack of sleep. It sucks not being able to sleep on my belly and having to wake up to pee all the time haha. Lucky Im kinda enjoying it at the same time if you know what I mean.

Who's next on the Roll call? Must be some bubs due pretty soon? I so cant wait hey. These next 7 weeks couldnt go fast enough!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gemini - I'm not doing antenatal classes either - I feel so relaxed about it all that I decided I would probably start stressing if I went to the classes! Plus we live over an hour away from the hospital.
    In saying that, I am now booked in for a c section due to a number of reasons but if I went in to labour prior to this I would still like to see how I go! But at this stage I am booked for 9th July - that's 3 weeks from this Monday - OMG!!!!!!! I am sooooo excited!!!!
    Hope everyone is doing well, the countdown is on now hey??!!

Precious lil IVF princess on board...34 weeks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Seeing other people's births are amazing I think...hard to describe, but it's just really...inspiring, I suppose. Was channel flicking last night, and came across "One Born Every Minute - USA".....I'd heard about that show, but I had never seen an episode. I really enjoyed it, strangely enough....

I really got a lot out of my antenatal classes first time around because it helped me to know what to expect and to understand exactly what happens with your body etc during labour, and where the pain actually comes from etc etc. I don't know why, but understanding how it all works a bit better made me feel a lot more prepared and confident going into the birth.

But, having said that, it works for some people - and as for others, sometimes it might just be better not knowing. We've only signed up for a 3 hour refresher class next month. That should do it this time around I think :-)

Oh yeah - YAY for more babies!!! I agree - can't wait to start seeing them all popping up in this thread.....surely can't be long now til the next one...?????!??!?

Thanks
    Reviews
    ps - with 5 weeks of work left (after today) - finding it really hard to focus on doing much. It's all I can do to stop myself from spending most of the day shopping/browsing online for clothes, toys, accessories, etc...... BABY ON THE BRAIN OR WHAT!!!?!?!? ;-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

I'm finally starting to feel a bit better. I went to the dr yesterday and got some antibiotics because I've got a sinus infection. Every time I cough or blow my nose I get this terrible pressure in the back of my head (like the one you get in your ears from flying). Anyway, I think they are starting to work or maybe it is mind over matter - who knows??

Kseds - yay for 5 weeks left of work. My Mum is coming home from overseas in 5 weeks and then she will be coming to live with us for 6 months! I'm so glad, because I don't know how I would do it without her here (we don't have any family support where we are). There is another lady in our playgroup who doesn't have any family here either and it must be REALLY hard for her. Especially because her DS is a couple of months older than mine, but he's a real outdoor kid. It's so cold here at the moment and not really outdoor weather much. DS is really good at occupying himself inside - he loves puzzles, chalkboard and unfortunately too much tv. We've been stuck inside for the last 10 days and managed quite well.

RE: Antenatal classes. I did these last time through the Private Hospital we used. They really weren't that good and only really explained what to expect with the newborn (rashes etc) and breast feeding. We didn't do any breathing or anything like that. When my Mum asked about that (DH was overseas), the midwife said "we figured out that women know how to breathe." I'm REALLY scared about the birth this time and so we're doing a Refresher course through the birth centre (will be good as we haven't used the birth centre before) and a Preparation for Positive Birth course through the prenatal yoga centre. I think it is more for the support person and teaching them accupuncture, how to support the woman etc.. Finally, I've bought the Birth Skills book by Juju someone and Sarah Murdoch. I think my yoga teacher bases a lot of her teaching on that and because I'm not doing yoga this term, I will just read the book. Phew, after all that - I should feel better about it. Last time I was in labour I was hooked up to a drip and CTG, so couldn't move off the bed and had my Mum 'watching' me. This time I want to have a space where I can been safe and supported by DH, have the ability to move around and definately not use pethidine (I had a bad reaction to it - well it made me feel really spaced out and 'drunk'.)

Missbloggsy - wow 3 weeks away!! That is SO exciting! I hope it all goes well for you...

Gemini - yeah it is hard to prepare. Some people go to all this effort with an in depth birth plan, only for it all to go out the window in the first 5 minutes.

Hampton - I hope your birth class goes well. I can't believe your moving 2 weeks before your EDD! Good luck with that and I hope you have lots of helpers around.

Anyway, I better go and get DS some lunch - not that he will eat it as his appetite hasn't returned since he got sick. I tried to make him have dinner the other night and then after I put him to bed, I realised I didn't even feel like eating. I haven't put any extra weight on this week though!

Hope everyone is good and a big hello to all those I missed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mum2Angus - I also have "Birthing Skills" by Juju Sundin and Sarah Murdoch. Someone recommended it to me the first time around, and it was FANTASTIC. Best thing ever.....I'm definitely planning to do a re-read when I start Mat leave... Cannot rate that book highly enough. The great thing is, it has so many different techniques etc that you can mentally store away, and you end up using whatever feels right at the time.

I was a huge fan of the one where during a contraction, you slowly count your steps from one side of the room to the other, until the contraction passes. I don't know why, but that one really worked for me for most of the end of the First Stage of labour (about 6-9 cm dialation).