Closed Thread
Page 36 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini85 View Post
    So I'm honna start shopping for the nursery. I'm sick of waiting for something bad to happen.

I might just start telling family, and not tell work til after the amnio. Mind you, I'm getting so fat, it's gonna be hard to hide.

Anyone else got a baby bump yet?
    I'm with you on that one....I've got an awesome mini-bump happening....@ 8wks and 2 days I look about the same as when I was 15/16 weeks the first time round.....

I thought it might have been the after-effects of the Xmas season, but I've put on about 1-1.5kg max.....so maybe not that. In any case, if it was just weight gain, it would have gone to my hips and thighs, not the belly. And when I catch my reflection in a window/etc its definitely the preg belly shape again......so weird.....DID NOT expect it so soon!!!

Going to be tough to hide it from work before I tell them.....Oh well....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hee Hee yeah I have already had people talking about it at work to my partner (we work together). He just told them I'm getting fat haha.

Thanks
    Reviews

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemini85 For This Useful Post:

laned  (21-01-2012),smootch  (20-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG, those pictures are so amazing!!! Are you staring at them non stop???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha yep. DH thinks I'm nuts. Probably am but I dont care haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    So many people with scans in the last few days, I can't keep up! It looks like lots of healthy babies on the way.

AFM, I've had bright red blood mixed with my pessary discharge (TMI, sorry!) this morning. It's got lighter as the day has progressed, but there's still a tinge. When I had spotting before my blood test I found out it's common to have a small amount of bleeding while on pessaries (apparently they can irritate your cervix?), but the blood is still making me nervous. I haven't spoken to my clinic yet, but will monitor it and mention it at my blood test on Monday. I guess if it turns into proper bleeding I should call their after hours phone line for help. I hate this part, I want to know that I can be happy about this pregnancy and just go along with everything (don't we all!). Feb 10th and my viability scan can't come quick enough.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

babysteps - hope your bleeding is ok. I would probably call the after hours line if I were you. I had a tiny bit of bleeding at 6 weeks and ended up going to emergency. But if you know that the pessaries can cause it, then that's reassuring.

Gemini - great pictures! I'm getting a bit of a bump too. Like Kseds, I've only put on just over a kilo, but you can definately see the bump. Are you just doing the NT scan to be completely sure? I would probably tell people if I were you and I think by 16 weeks you definately won't be able to hide it. However, if you think there is a high chance of the results not being positive, then I can understand you not telling. I had my scan last week and just got the results (minus the BT) today, yet I've told just about everyone. I think last time my chances were like 1 in 20 000 (or something). I didn't really look at these results to be honest, but I'm sure they're fine.

Kseds - when are you going to tell your work?

Well, I'll try to do some more personals later, but right now I am so tired and just want to lie on the lounge... I thought my midwife was coming today, so cleaned the house heaps - it's not for 2 weeks time! Then this afternoon a few people from playgroup came over and I picked DS up from daycare. Just as well I didn't clean the floors because chocolate muffin has been walked through all the mats, carpet and tiles. It was such a mess, but at least they all had fun Oh and I missed out on my nap today, so I am super tired!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Zultbear, if you're still reading this thread, I'm so so sorry about your BO. I had one last february so I understand your pain. Take care of yourself and I look forward to hearing some great news from you in the very near future, big .

Gemini, sorry to hear about your results. If I may ask, how old are you? A fellow bubhubber on another thread just got a high risk result from measurements but not bloods, and she's only 29! So now I'm getting nervous for my NT scan in a few days... I know it's not an accurate test but it can still be nerve racking. I'm sure your amnio will come back all clear. Not sure I would tell anyone until I had the results back, if I could physically hide it of course...

babysteps, I had some blood in my pessary discharge too, for about 4 weeks (until 8wks or so). FS said it was either from the cervix or from the stick I used to put the pessaries in. So I switched to my finger (sorry TMI) and it's been much better since. But I'm not sure if that was the cause. If you're worried, call your FS, and rest a lot. I was put on bed rest because of it, and still am even though I haven't seen any blood in weeks.

I'm worried I'm not putting on any weight, actually think I'm losing some! I have found my appetite again but it depends on the days, sometimes I still feel nauseous and can't eat much. I'm very tempted to eat junk food just to make sure I get the calories I need, but I don't think that would help the baby's growth. I'm quite slim and don't have a bump yet either (I'm 11w5d), just a little bit of love handle I've been getting from all the IVF.
    Is anyone here on clexane?? I think DH hit a vein yesterday when he gave me the injection, and I have a bit of pain on my side now. You can see the bruise going down the vein all the way to my hip. I hope it's nothing to worry about. I'm a little worried FS wants me to stay on it the entire pregnancy, not sure how I'm going to handle it if that's the case...

Hope you all have a lovely weekend!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chicparis - wouldn't worry about the lack of bump .... With my first pg I didn't show anything at all until about 14-16 weeks.... 2nd time round u show faster cos it's all stretched and loose already!!! Lol

And plenty of literature says its not unusual to lose weight in the first trimester - especially with bad ms - you'll gain it back (+ more) once you head into 2nd tm and stop feeling sick. I would love to not be gaining weight.... But that's a problem I doubt I'll ever have ....

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Kseds For This Useful Post:

chicparis  (21-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Zultbear - I am so sorry to hear the news. I wish you nothing but the best in your next cycle. Take care of yourself.

Chicparis - I am almost 15 weeks and I haven't gained any weight. My pants are a bit tight but you definitely can't notice a change. I really want a belly or to at least look pregnant. Ha I must sound crazy!!

Gemini - Your baby looks perfect! I hope time flies between now and your next scan. Sorry about the NT results. It is a low chance so I am sure everything will turn out fine. I guess it will be hard to hide your pregnancy at 16 weeks. Just wear lots of dresses!

Babysteps - I have heard that the pessaries can irritate the cervix. I think it is a good sign that you haven't had any cramping. How long are you on them for? As gross as it sounds maybe using your finger is the best option.