ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Horrible. Take it further. They can't g et away with not doing what they are paid to do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone for you replies, I'm glad that we were not over reacting, I'm still in shock it happened and the laid back approach from the carer, sorry bruises that are on DD's arm and back tell me it is more serious. Sorry forgot to mention that it is family day care. The mother of the other child has been in contact and apologized, she is a good friend of mine. I don't know where to go from here as finding a new day care is hard and I've been told waiting lists are anywhere from 6months to 3 years with some of them having their books closed as they have too many waiting, and unfortunately I need her in care so I can work. I'm hoping tomorrow is a new day and she can give me her word she will not allow DD to be left unsupervised with the other child for some time until I know the other child is not going to go for DD again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just an update, long story short, DD didn't go to day care today due to having a coldsore, however day care mum has decided that she will no longer be able to care for her as she can't guarantee that it will not happen again, not what we asked for, all we wanted was to ensure that measures were taken to try and prevent it happening, so now I'm left trying to find day care in the next two weeks, or I will have to quit work. Rang every single child care/daycare in the area and all had extensive waiting lists. Here's hoping I find something.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Jeepers that's unfortunate.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    how horrible for your DD.
    hopefully with the school year ending that might help free up a place somewhere for her.
    have you been in contact woth FDC organiser to help find her a place?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sorry I didn't realize it was family day care. My response was based on being in a centre.
    That's quite sad that she is giving up so quickly. Whether its fdc or ldc the supervision is concerning.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Honestly. it didn't seem like your child was safe there at all, and they obviously do not have proper supervision in place for the kiddies so I would personally take much greater comfort my child was now safe and not going through the trauma of being bullied and abused like that

I feel so sorry for your little one and I hope you find somewhere soon so you can stay at work you really needed to stand up for yourself and your DD as allowing that to happen when things got that bad & dangerous is really not OK and as her parents I'm glad you said something as nothing comes close to the safety and wellbeing of our children, and it really seemed to be effecting her emotionally as well as physically

Sent from my iPhone more than likely while I should be doing something else!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TerrorJay View Post
    Just an update, long story short, DD didn't go to day care today due to having a coldsore, however day care mum has decided that she will no longer be able to care for her as she can't guarantee that it will not happen again, not what we asked for, all we wanted was to ensure that measures were taken to try and prevent it happening, so now I'm left trying to find day care in the next two weeks, or I will have to quit work. Rang every single child care/daycare in the area and all had extensive waiting lists. Here's hoping I find something.
    Wow, I've got to say I think it is probably a very good thing that she will not be going back there. The unfortunate side effect being the stress for you and your partner in trying to find alternative arrangements. It sounds as though the lady running the FDC may be quite lazy? I am having a hard time understanding how someone in charge of only 5 children can miss these things happening all in one day. Once or maybe even twice could be understood, but 5? What was she doing all day that was so important that she couldn't see this going on? And to give up that quickly? It is a good thing that you have done standing up for your DD. My son and daughter have both been in Child Care, and tho bitten, between them they wouldn't add up to the number of times your DD was bitten in just one day. Unforgiveable! Big to you and your family, and you find someone for her quickly, where she will be able to grow and shine x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there, your poor DD! This is ridiculous! I am a preschool teacher and this should not be happening! The cater should be interacting with this child (biter) to provide positive role modeling! Your child should never have to go through that torment.
    I suggest you set up a meeting with the director to find out their behavior management strategies, and also find out their policies in place for biting.
    Good luck with it, hope it gets resolved soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    OK... WTF!!! So you poor child gets bitten repeatedly and then SHE gets kicked out of daycare? I'm seriously questioning the logic behind the carers decision on this one. I mean, it's not your daughters fault she got bitten. How utterly stupid it this woman?

If that were me, firstly I would be raging to the point of almost having a heart attack... then I'd be thankful that this has happened because seriously I have concerns about this woman's ability to do her job. Sorry this has happened to you. I hope you have luck finding other arrangements or at least your workplace can be abit more flexible until you can.
    Last edited by Naboo; 04-01-2012 at 16:03.