+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry I didn't get to finish replying before I got locked out.

I think we all need to keep letting off steam on here and vent to each other cause I think its really helpful. No one knows that we are doing Fertility treatment so this is the only place I can talk openly and you all understand completely, So a very big THANKYOU you are keeping me out of a straight jacket thats for sure.

Keep your chin up Amabel I'm saying lots of prayers for your BFP and keeping fingers and toes crossed and sending you lots and lots of

2. The Following User Says Thank You to flea77 For This Useful Post:

Amabel  (08-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the PM Flea, made me smile

Very sad today, have started spotting and temp went down heaps. Definitely a BFN for me, but will have that confirmed at blood test tomorrow. On top of that, have a bad headache, been a bit feverish and have a blocked nose Way to hit a girl when she's down.

I have also been wondering if my cervix is why I haven't been able to get pregnant, surely there has to be a reason...

It really is very unfair, though I haven't been trying as long as you, so I can't imagine how you feel.

DP has been great, I love him more everyday!

I'll call my FS tomorrow and see when I can see her and when I can start the next cycle. I really want some frozens this time, I can't really afford $8K every cycle!

Anyways, I am sending you heaps of and have my for you.

You too Amanda, and .

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Amabel For This Useful Post:

flea77  (09-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh no Amabel I so so sorry to hear that. I'm so sad for you!! I'm still going to that you might still get a bfp cause you never know.

--WARNING TMI--

As for the Cervix thing did you try different positions to aid this when DTD?
    Also I heard that if you let you DP go first (if you know what I mean) and then you go it actually helps the little spermies get to where they need to go which DH and I tried out, but it didn't work cause I didn't really understand where my Cervix was exactly. Then when I was having the IUI done the Nurse said my Cervix was very high and forward. As DH and I were instructed to DTD again after IUI I thought I would try something out (ok this is the TMI section) DH went first and then I got on my hands and knees with my head down and bum up and then I went and I did notice that nothing came back out which usually alot does so now I'm wondering if this has been the cause all this time???I guess I'll have to wait and see. All the info on a Retroverted Uterus says that it doesn't affect trying to get pg but if the spermies can't get to were they need to go then its impossible. Any way I thought I'd share that with you just in case it gave you some idea's, I'm so sorry to be so graphic.

Hang in there Amabel if not this cycle then we will and pray for that . I want to give you a big . Let me know how you get on with the FS today.
    Last edited by flea77; 09-12-2011 at 04:28.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi guys...
    TWW ended with AF...on day 14 post IUI...
    then i started my injections again... my nor specalist was away..and wanted another to look after me while he was away for the week... so first scan cd8 (normally six, but weekend interfaired) folli's really big x2 and 5/6 following close behind... very very early....so we decided to trigger tuesday and do IUI wednesday...had to go get bloods done to check that i hadn't already ovulated...
    Dr called on the way home to say he thought he might cancel as he was worried with so many folli's..... i completely freaked out... lost the plot would eat sleep etc... Dr told me to come in for scan in the morning and i did as he asked..all looked ok so he then decided to trigger and go ahead again...(i feel numb now!)...IUI went ahead CD10 then started TWW again..
    on CD14.5 (as iui is at lunch time) brown spotting... CD15 same thing
    then CD16 heavier - called my normal dr who was no w back he told me to get bloods done next day and to come see him today.... Turns out i never even ovulated even with trigger injection...argh..how annoying he didn't understand exactly whats going on... Now i have to stop for chrissy and also i have to change jobs as my work is closing so have to wait till i complete 3 month trial... so starting the pill to try to keep my cycles happening..seems almost crazy but otherwise it would be 90 days before i have another cycle on my own!!

I really truely hope you guys are having sucess i really wouldn't wish any other the frustration or anguish on any one...

on a posative note i'm happy that i got to do the second cycle..because somehow i have this calm feeling that if i hadn't have done it then i wouldn't be coping at all... i'm doing ok...it's hard but ok! i'm planning now for next year (i'm aplanner so i have to keep planning, keeps me focused etc already told hubby that i'm wishing away the next three months of my life to just get there...)
    I'm not there yet but there is an upside.. i try to think it doesn't happen for a reason.. that helps somedays too...
    i know how much this means to you guys, cos i'm there too and i think i can believe enough for all of us that it will happen....

good luck i hope to keep chatting through my 3 months...
    amanda

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Amanda just wanted let you know I'm thinking of you. I'm so sorry you've had such a hard time. Having to wait for 3 months must seem endless, I feel so guilty, here I am whinging about having to wait for 2 weeks!
    I'll pray that the 3 months wizzes by for you and before you know it you will be getting ready for your next cycle. Hopefully it won't be to bad because at least there is Christmas and New Year to keep you occupied..
    I've also tried to keep thinking the same thing as you that everything happens for a reason. I have tried to keep in mind that it's not in my hands and that if it happens it's meant to be. That worked for first 4 or 5 days but now I'm just a ball "What if's" does drive you a bit crazy.
    Sending you lots and make sure you keep posting on here cause we'd love to keep chatting to you during your wait.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Amanda, I am so sorry you went through all that, it really isn't meant to be that way.

I too believe that things happen for a reason. I lost my job in July. I was devastated, been there for four years and loved it, despite the volatile and stressful environment. Then I suddenly realised that maybe the purpose was to meet my DP, and that had been achieved, and now that we were TTC, that job with all that stress wasn't in my best interests anymore. I am now at peace with it all, even more so because I am not bitter and twisted about it, IYKWIM.

There must be something magic about that second IUI cycle, I also felt very calm after my second cycle, even though I 'knew' it wasn't going to work I felt it was like an intro to IVF! It gave us a gentle entrance into the world of needles, hormones and all that goes with it!

I wish you all the best for your 3 month wait, for your new job and your health

How are you going Flea? POAS yet or have you got the straight jacket on
    Still hoping for the best for you

AFM I got my confirmation yesterday. BFN. Spent the day getting the upset out of my system. I feel better now, still sad of course, but ready to move on. I can start a new cycle in early January, and as it's Xmas, the time will fly by. I'm still waiting to find out if I can get in to see my FS before Xmas as I don't think I want to follow the same protocol again.

AF came in kicking and screaming overnight much worse than normal. Not even the painkillers they gave me for after EPU are working Having a bit of a giggle about the continual slaps in the face this whole process gives you, as if I'm going to let that get me down

I have great admiration for anyone having a tough time conceiving, the potential for depression is just huge, it still amazes me the strength that all these couples must have.

Anyways, I must go and catch up on all I've been neglecting of late!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Amabel no haven't poas yet but it's oh so tempting, the only thing holding me back is that I might get a false positive and I think that would just about finish me off, 6 days to go now but I still think it didn't work. I don't have any symptoms still feel the same.
    I'm glad your spirits are back up it's so tough, I to have so much respect for couples who struggle it puts alot of pressure on the relationship that other couples just don't have to deal with. On the positive side though it does tend to bring you much closer as a couple as it's something you have to cope with together. Maybe it's a blessing in disguise. But boy is it a tough pill to swallow. Me being the control freak that I am, I find it so hard to not be able to achieve something a basic as having a baby....it's supposed to be a basic human function isn't it??? Ok that's my crazy rant 'n' rave for the daysorry girls I'll go back to my straight jacket now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys i appreciate to support... please don't feel guilty for struggling or complaining about your TWW i would be too if i were where u are and i've been there a few times now to know how insane it really makes you!! bring the streight jackets!! LOL

I'm in a weird place ATM i don't understand as i'm a control freak too like you flea.. so i totally get where u are comming from.. i believe if i can believe in something enough i can make things happen because i'm so determined... this is the only thing it doesn't really work for..?! (figures..murphys law i guess)

I'm thinking of you both as you go through all this and sending baby dust to you both!!..

I toatlly agree with the point that this brings couples closer together.. me and the hubby r much closer and he really is my BFF despite me constantly blaming myself that this isn't happening.. and all the rest of the depressing crap that we think and try to put on our selves.. i kinda like the place i'm in at the moment.. never know maybe i'm growing as a person because of this..hopefully for the better.. driving in the car often i find myself talking outloud - u know like a nutter..(i'm sure people watch and say to them selves...what a freak..then they realise they are talking to themselves..LOL) but often i find it helps to talk it through and i always believe that we wont be given more than we can handle!! wqell i drive along and saythings like "seriously, wat do u think i'm made of... etcetc.. but it helps!!!

anyways i'd better be off to bed my little neice's birthday party tomorrow and got to go spoil her rotten!! talk soon..

Amanda

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies
    Just to keep you updated, have been having alot of cramping in last few days, boobs are not as sore any more and now getting some slippery white mucus, which I usually get before AF comes so I think she is on her way. Oh well am due to see my FS in January and will probably start my next IUI cycle then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Flea sorry to hear you think it hasn't worked. I'll still have my fingers crossed for you anyway

Hey Amanda for you too! I get you on the 'being in a weird place'.

Sorry Ladies, but I need a rant.

I am struggling with this journey, but I think it's the 'unexplained' part of the infertility that bothers me. It's that part that I have no control over, the IVF process is very controlled, which is reassuring, but I need to know the reason why it didn't work, IYKWIM.

The other factor for me is that I have never been pregnant. I am now 39yo and looking back on my life, there have been so many chances for me to get pregnant, and I never have been. In the last 19 cycles of actually trying, I don't think we've gotten close, no chemical pregnancies, nothing. The longer it takes, the more worried I am about not being able to get pregnant.

To top this all off I ended up in hospital on saturday night... I was in so much pain that they had to put me on morphine to stop it. Being CD1, an ultrasound showed 'free fluid' in my abdomen, pretty much where the most pain was, so I am most likely bleeding in my abdomen. This is most likely my endometriosis back again. ARGGHHHH It was bad enough that this cycle didn't work, and that I have no frosties, and that I have to pay another $8K to stim again and that I have to wait another cycle before trying again because of Xmas, and now I will probably have to another lap before cycling, with probably a month recovery. I don't normally swear, but I'd really like to right now!

I hate myself when I get in this frame of mind, it's so unproductive and wasteful.

Anyway, I'll see my FS tomorrow, so should know more then.

Sorry for the rant, I hope you are both doing better!