+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    OH Amabel I just realised we will be in the TWW together yay!!!I've got someone to go through it with!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck today Flea, though I'm sure it will go just fine. FX this is the one!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Exciting news flea! I hope today goes well for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies
    so everything went fine yesterday apart from almost getting arrested (will tell you the story in a bit). I thought DH was going to pass out (He's not to good with anything medical) and the Nurse was telling me about spotting etc but that I might not get any as she didn't see any blood on the Catheta when she took it out, well that just about did him in he went white as a ghost and had to run out to get a glass of water and I got the giggles.
    So as for me almost getting arrested. We got to the Clinic early for my 11am appointment and lucky we did cause there was no parking what so ever. We saw a car pulling out and thought great a parking spot only to discover it was to small for my 4WD so went back to the main rd and was going to go around the block. So turned into the next street thinking this would take me back to my street. Unfortunalty it was a dead end and I had to turn around and go back out. As I was turning around I noticed a Police car parked in the street. Turned back onto the main rd and as I did the Police car signalled me to pull over. The cop told me they had pulled me over for a random breath test. Asked me if my name was Susan, if this was my car and did I have my Licence. Told them no that wasn't my name, yes this is my car and was getting my licence when he asked what my Surname was. I told him my surname and he said Oh, your licence is suspended. I said "WHAT!!!" and he said Yeah it's suspended but I'll just go back to the car and find out the details for you. I was flipping out! Mean while his partner did the Breath test. Then I noticed there was a Plain clothed Detective in the car and they were all sitting there pointing and discussing I assume what they were going to do with me. He finally came to me and said Ok your Licence is fine but why did you turn into a known Drug Street, see my Patrol car and turn around again? so as I was explaining what I was doing his partner came back to my car and was looking in the boot, he then came and asked me what was under the blanket in the back? I said nothing and got out of the car to show him. Opened the boot and to my horror there is the Machete that my bloody DH had used the previous day to cut of the bottom branches of our Christmas tree to put it into the bucket. I could have murdered him there then on the spot. The cop is looking at me like "Oh yeah we got you" and saying to me "Well I don't like that, why is that in your car" as Iam explaining to him it was for our Christmas Tree and look there are the pine kneedles all over the blanket" the other cop is starting to pull Handcuffs off his belt. I'm breaking into a sweat and the other cop said "ok I can see that, that seems like a reasonable explanation. He said to the Detective "ok are you happy with that" and thank God she said "yes that's fine" and they said ok you can go. Bloody Hell certainly not what you need to keep your stress levels down before you have IUI done. But there you go that was my little adventure yesterday, not one I'd like to repeat!

Amabel how did you go with your ET?
    Last edited by flea77; 30-11-2011 at 07:14.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That is sooooo funny, you had me in stitches! I really hope this cycle is the one for you, then you can say 'I nearly got arrested the day you were conceived!!! In a known drug hangout" a great story for the 21st bday party! You probably interrupted some sort of stake out and 'Susan' probably got away

After all that, shouldn't you have been the one to almost pass out

I'm glad at least the insem went smoothly for you, welcome to the TWW When is your test? Do they have you on progesterone support or anything?

My ET was not so smooth... apparently it was 'by far the most difficult transfer' my FS had ever done! It was quite painful, even the nurse cried! They said if there is a next time, they will do the transfer under sedation. DP was fantastic though, so that was nice.

But, we won't think about that cause I am officially PUPO with twins They put back two grade 1 embies, 1 x 8 cell and 1 x 9 cell! I'm not sure how I feel about twins though

for us both!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there Flea, is just wanted to take the oppertunity to say hi and good luck with everything.. it's pretty full on all these injections etc and i totally agree that no-one really understand the depth and complications that we go through to get preggers!!.. it's so very frustrating.. but one day at a time u get there.. u kinda just have to take notes with the dr's i'm always off in space land when i have my appointments and hubby often has to remin me what i'm ment to do!! LOL
    i'm glad that all seems to be going great guns for you right now and i really hope it all works out... so ur in your TWW now? how many days in?
    Last edited by ajmpmw; 30-11-2011 at 18:03.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Flea

I am just popping in to say sorry.

For some random reason this morning, I happened to read my last post and realised what a complete a$$ I was.

I was absolutely mortified when I realised, that despite being thoroughly aware of what trauma’s you went through the other day, I never once acknowledged them.

Once again, I am truly sorry.

I hope things are going well for you, and this cycle brings your much deserved baby.

Amabel

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

Welcome ajmpmw. Thanks for replying. Totally agree about being lost in space at the Dr's. They ring me with instructions and 2 seconds later I can't remember what they have just told me to do. Total roller coaster ride! Am only onto my 6th day today, longest 6 days of my life. I'm trying not to think about how many more days (11) i've got to get through.

Hi Amabel don't stress it's fine. I laugh about it now even though at the time I didn't. Now I think it's hysterical. I have another Blood test on Wed this week which is to make sure I actually O'd and then if so I have to have another Pregnyl injection which I'm not looking forward to as I got a nasty looking bruise from the last one and then the Pg test is 9 days later so on the 16th. This is killing me!! The calm has totally gone out the window. I'm trying so hard not to get my hopes up so I won't be to disappointed but it's so tempting to look at every little niggle, twinge, cramp etc and think Oooh that might be implanting or "Is that a sign of pregnancy" it's so silly.

I'm so sorry to hear your ET wasn't so easy what happened? I've never had an ET so I'm not sure what the process is. I think it would be fantastic if you had twins, I for one would be so . Are you on anything at the moment? When can you do your test?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to flea77 For This Useful Post:

Amabel  (07-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good morning

Hi and welcome to Bub Hub Amanda Good luck on your TWW.

Hi Flea, thanks for your understanding, I still feel like a twit! I've been kind of avoiding BH the last few days because I have kind of lost it a bit. Unlike you, I have been looking at every twinge, cramp, niggle, etc and wondering... too much time on my hands

How did your BT go?

I haven't had to use the pregnyl, but I understand it's much like the ovidrel, in that it has a thicker gauge needle which I hated! I just iced the area for a few minutes before the injection and applied pressure after, and was told by someone else on BH that if the needle is on an angle when it goes in, then you are more likely to bruise.

As for my transfer, the process is pretty much the same as IUI, they put a catheter in, most clinics like to place the embies guided by external ultrasound. But my poor FS had heaps of trouble finding my cervix, it just didn't want to play the game It wouldn't have been so bad if it hadn't have been such an important thing to get right, they mentioned cancelling a couple of times and I was just devastated, I was so scared I was going to lose my embies, especially since it was looking like my last emby wasn't going to make it to freeze, which it didn't. But you just move on, a baby makes it worth it!

I'm on progesterone support until my blood test on friday. I can't wait. I have really had enough of this TWW. I am absolutely convinced that this hasn't worked and just want the wait to be over so I can stop crying and move on! I haven't been this upset before, so I'm guessing that the extra progesterone isn't helping at all...

I have everything crossed for you, it's your turn now!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Amabel
    I was sort of avoiding bh to over the weekend which is why it took me so long to reply. I was feeling the same as you a bit out of control and didn't want to put my crazy thoughts into words.

BT was fine and my Progestrin levels were elevated indicating that I O'd so that was all ok. I have a feeling that even though right from the start everything went well, it's not going to result in a BFP. I'll find out either way by next Friday.

Thank God they didn't cancel your ET. Did your FS have trouble finding your cervix becasue of a Transverse Uterus? because I have one and they always have trouble finding mine, even when I was having the IUI done I warned the Nurse that she would have trouble and it did take her while, I always wonder if this why I could never fall Pg????

I wish someone had told me about the needle having to go in straight but never mind. I had my last Pregnyl injection yesterday and it wasn't as bad as the first one so maybe I put it in nice and straight this time.

Do you get any physical side effects from the progesterone? I have been having really sore boobs and feeling sick but this is just from the Pregnyl. It sure makes you start to get your hopes up for no reason.

Amanda how are you coping with your TWW? When do you get to do your Pg test?