+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Success using Puregon? or Just started or Starting

Hi Ladies

I'm very interested in hearing from anyone who has either had success using Puregon or anyone who is either about to start or just started using it.

Am on day CD5 and started injections yesterday. Did anyone have any side effects from using it? Also does anyone have any info on the IUI process. Am a bit nervous as this is my first round and am not to sure what to expect.

Would love to hear from you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Flea

First of all big it's tough when things don't happen like they should.

I did two cycles of IUI using Puregon but wasn't successful, but there are lots of others who have success.

As for side effects, it gave me a headache to start with but that went away after two days. I was bloated and moody also, but the moodiness was probably just stress, as I am a control freak and my clinic weren't exactly forthcoming with info!

I was just like you when I started, very nervous and unsure of what was happening. But I found the IUI/IUDI thread, with fantastic, supportive lovely ladies, so maybe you could jump in there. I've attached the link for you. http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...our-tww/page10

I wish you the best of luck and heaps of and

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Amabel For This Useful Post:

flea77  (26-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi Flea!

I had success with puregon and IUI first go

I started injections on CD2 and continued until CD9. On CD10 I had a trigger of 5000iu pregnyl and went in 36hrs later for the IUI.
    CD5 & 9 I had bloods to check the hormone levels, also on CD9 was the scan which showed my lead follie at 16mm so they knew I was ready to go!
    Mood swings and bloating were my only real symptoms from memory (whicg is hazy atm with ms and dizziness!!)

IUI is pretty straight forward, it takes about 3 mins! The speculum goes in, finda your cervix and then they insert the catheter. I had cramping afterwards but its no worse than AF cramps!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to RunningWithScissors For This Useful Post:

flea77  (26-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies
    Thanks so much for replying to my thread. Thanks Amabel for the link to the IUI thread alot of great info in there!! You totally hit the nail on the head about me being a bit lost and confused.

Also thank you runningwithsissors your info was fantastic, helped alot with me understanding what is/will happen over the next few days.

I have a question for you both. I started my Puregon injections on CD 4 and am continuing with those, I had a blood test on Friday (CD 9) which showed my hormone levels were coming along nicely and they asked me to come in this morning for another blood test and ultrasound, which I did. They found a large cyst on my left ovary which also had a 17mm follie and on my right ovary a 13mm follie. My Dr isn't to concerned about the cyst and wants to continue as normal, when they rang me to tell me what to do I was so focused on the issue with the cyst I can't remember if I'm supposed to take the Pregnyl or continue with the Puregon. They want me to go back in on Monday for another blood test and ultrasound so does that sound like I should continue with the Puregon? I remember she told me that if I have a surge then the insemination could happen on Monday so to be prepared to take the day off work. But if thats the case shouldn't I take the Pregnyl injection?? I'm confused!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Flea

You still sound like me I'm pretty sure I had the same conversation with my clinic, but I was lucky cause it wasn't a weekend, so someone answered the phone when I rang!

It's kind of information overload, isn't it My new clinic asks me to write the instructions down and repeat it back to them over the phone because they are used to the hormones messing with peoples heads

Does your clinic have an after hours number to call?

I am taking a guess here, but I would say, by the size of your follies, that you should be continuing with the Puregon. If they wanted you to trigger, they would have said a particular time to do it, usually about 24 - 36 hours before the insem, if I remember correctly, and they would have given you a time for the insem. And logic tells me they wouldn't be asking you back for bloods and another U/S unless they are still monitoring the growth of the follies and your LH level.

I think they mentioned the surge thing because some people ovulate early, (like me!) or on their own, because a surge can happen really quickly and they want you to be ready

You obviously weren't surging today, otherwise they would have booked in the insem, so you will be fine till monday

It sounds like everything is going along well.

Good luck

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Amabel For This Useful Post:

flea77  (26-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Amabel

Thankyou, Thankyou, Thankyou. I thought I was going crazy. My clinic doesn't have an after hours number that I can see on their website but I think your right. The nurse definatly didn't give me a specific time for the injection and she said to be ready for insem to happen on Monday but that it might not they wouldn't know until I came in for the U/S. Thank God for Bub Hub I don't know what i would have done if I didnt have anyone I could ask.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Flea, I just read your TTC diary, and just wanted to say that you've had a tough time, so give yourself a break If you want to lose it, lose it. Whatever you are feeling you have every right to feel, that's why we, human beings, have emotions and feelings! Besides, crazy people are much more interesting

I love bub hub too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Your so right Amabel!! Crazy people are more interesting.
    Thanks for your support it's really helpful at the moment. Am getting ready to head into the Clinic for my Blood test and Ultrasound to see if my follies are ready to hatch yet or not, I've been really calm about the whole thing for the last two days. I think I've accepted what ever is going to happen will happen and there's not much I can do about it. Very weird for me usually I'm either over excited or completely down in the dumps. everything goes well!

Thanks
    Reviews
    How did you go? I have been thinking of you this morning hope it all went well.

I'm much like you, over excited or down in the dumps! I have my ET today after a rollercoaster weekend of emotions All this on top of the drugs and pain of EPU I'm so lucky DP just deals with it and doesn't take it personally, otherwise there would be no DP

I did eventually get to the calm stage last night, but that may have just been exhaustion from all the stress

Thanks
    Reviews
    Went really well I have one follie which is 19mm and my endometrium was "lovely"aparently but she didn't tell me what the measurement was. So everything's going ahead tomorrow. I've just had my Pregnyl injection which stung a bit but other than that all ok so far. Thanks for thinking of me. Have you had your ET yet? and for a very sticky bubba!! Some people just have no appreciation for what it takes for people like us to concieve. What we have to go through is STRESSFUL.

Sending all the & i can. I really hope and pray that he/she sticks like glue!!