+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Breast Pumps.. advice?...

Hi guys, this is my first pregnancy, im 25 weeks and trying to get everything organized. ive heard that it's better to get electric breast pumps over manual?.. and can anyone tell me which brand/model is the best one to get?..

the least painful the better!.. haha..

many thanks,

xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It depends on how often you want to express. If a lot, I would say electric. If every so often, probably manual would be fine. I don express often so I have an avent manual. Works excellent. Punping takes practice and once yo get t down it won hurt hopefully someone else can come alone and help you better xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I had the avent electric pump (only a single) - double would have been nice at times. I didn't like the manual avent or medela (couldn't get them to work on me).

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had the electric avent too and can't compare it to anything else so I guess because it did what it was supposed to I can say it was good. I agree there should be no pain involved.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got an electric pump as I know I'll need to pump when I go back to work. I love it too - Medela Swing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a Medula Swing and it is awesome. I used it for both of my girls and it was the best thing I bought. I used it all the time. I bought a new suction cup and valve when Emelia came along, and that only cost $10. Definitely an electric one is the way to go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks guys, i dont even know if ill need it at this stage because ive never breast fed but my friend who gave birth a few months ago says her baby screams at 6pm every night so she does one express each night so hubby can take over!..

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was one of those mums that seemed to only just have enough milk for baby's needs (sometimes it felt like I wasn't producing enough to satisfy them), so it was nice to have back up milk for times when baby just seems that bit hungrier than you have milk too, and also it helped me to build up a bigger supply by pumping in the weeks/days that he baby is less hungry to get a good headstart for the growing weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Personally I wouldn't get one until you think you may need it. If you don't end up needing/wanting it it becomes a waste of money.

I didn't bother expressing just for dp to feed as he did other things to be able to bond and frankly it was just easier for me to feed then worry about cleaning bottles, etc.

That being said I did end up buying a medula manual one as the expressing I did was for cereal, that sort of thing and the occasional bottle when we went out and needed something just in case for the sitter.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You can hire one from a chemist to see if you'll use it. I used ours continuously as I wanted DD to be used to boob and bottle in case I had to leave her with DH.

I ended up buying the electronic medela swing. And from my chats with other mums I wouldn't even consider anything different. Mums I know who bought a manual pump rarely used them as they were too difficult.

The medela swing in my opinion was as easy as the hospital professional express pumps. It was fantastic