+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Benji - Maybe you guys are right I will allocate a small amount to my savings account each pay and I can always top it up if I have left over at the end of the fortnight!

I rarely buy myself nice things like clothes etc, only when I really have to then its just cheap stuff. Plus I know this sounds sad but I haven't gone for a night out since before my son was born!

I have a feeling that a lot of my excess spending comes down to little things like magazines etc.

I am about to open a couple more online savings accounts for things we need but there are so many.

How do you save when there are so many things? All in one account for extra interest or in seperate accounts so you know how close to your goal and budgeting etc?

How do you work out how to save? a certain % depending on importance of each thing or delegate the majority to one thing and then evenly portion the rest???

Thanks!

xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I find not going to shopping centers and ordering groceries online saves so much money. For me it eliminates implies buying, use of fuel and I get more done at home.

Coles delivery for me is 7$ some days cheaper then a trip to the shopping centre!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay87 View Post
    I find not going to shopping centers and ordering groceries online saves so much money. For me it eliminates implies buying, use of fuel and I get more done at home.

Coles delivery for me is 7$ some days cheaper then a trip to the shopping centre!
    I just placed my order this morning!!! I find it great as if I go over as certain amount I can go back through and work out what I don't really need!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MissEm View Post
    I just placed my order this morning!!! I find it great as if I go over as certain amount I can go back through and work out what I don't really need!
    That's why I love it too! I don't know how many times I get to a checkout at the shops and realise how much crap I don't need! I always re-check my online shopping and end up deleting a lot of stuff which saves heaps.

Some other tips I have for saving money is buying things in bulk! Chicken was $8.99/kg yesterday so I stocked up and threw a heap in the freezer.

At the start of the year I re-evaluated what exactly we were paying for out of our direct debits. I reduced our foxtel package (we only use it for sport and kids shows!), lowered our internet, changed our phone plans... looked at our health insurance but will leave that as is considering we're TTC.

By changing those small things I ended up saving around $100 a month.

Good luck, budgeting and saving money can be so hard. I'm forever struggling with it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    yeah we had a huge blow out recently $350! Was my son's birthday but still not something that we can afford!

Have set up a savings plan for next year now! Will be living off one salary . But we should have enough for a house deposit and almost $8,000 in back up funds by the end of next year!

Now if only the things we are saving for weren't so expensive lol!

On the list is House, wedding, #2 baby and car.

Would love more tips if people have them inc any tips on making the above any cheaper!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I thought that said wedding #2

I haven't got any tips re wedding but I will add buy a car within your budget PLEASE. So many of my friends borrow as much as humanly possible to get a huge, petrol guzzling, fancy new car and then complain they have no money. They get no sympathy from me. Try to get a good 2nd hand car and do your research re fuel efficiency.

Thanks
    Reviews
    lol! no no this is my first and hopefully only wedding!

I agree about the car, we want one to suit our lifestyle so a 4WD second hand of course for around $15,000 and then a small run about car for me (hopefully pay in cash for mine).

Hubby wants a boat too so have to be careful with the money allocated (there is a separate vehicle account) so if he blows it all on a car then no boat! Simple lol