+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The girls and I made it through an epic, yet pleasant 4 hour shopping trip today
    I brushed and did joint compression with DD2 hourly and I think it was largely down to these that we had such a successful shopping adventure

She didn't rock, meltdown or whinge! Winning!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaC View Post
    The girls and I made it through an epic, yet pleasant 4 hour shopping trip today
    I brushed and did joint compression with DD2 hourly and I think it was largely down to these that we had such a successful shopping adventure

She didn't rock, meltdown or whinge! Winning!

Awesome!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Misscheif, I've been thinking about you and your long wait for an appointment. Obviously there's no way to get an appt sooner, but how about trying something now to help dampen down some of the behaviours?
    You could try the brushing that has helped my daughter you can buy the brushes HERE and they're only $5 per brush. They are very easy to use and you never know, it might help!
    If you want some info on how to use them, let me know

Thanks
    Reviews
    I looked at the link you gave me, but Im drawing blanks. I dont have a clue on how to use them

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Misschief View Post
    I looked at the link you gave me, but Im drawing blanks. I dont have a clue on how to use them
    So you hold the brush in the palm of your hand and run it very firmly up and down each arm, leg and either side of the spine five times. The key is to press firmly so it gives them that deep sensory feeling and thus releasing endorphins, which decreases the stress and sensory seeking behaviour (rituals, tantrums, rocking, etc). We do this every two hours or hourly if she's stressed/sensory seeking

Does that make more sense?

Thanks
    Reviews
    We got our appointment waiting list today
    8 months for social skills workshop
    6 months for occupational therapy

His speaking is amazing and getting better every week
    He's interacting better with other kids although still has trouble sharing and will meltdown if he doesn't get his own way.
    He still has meltdowns in the shops and goes absolutely mental crazy when there's other kids around
    Not toilet trained
    Drinks excessively
    Sweats profusely with normal physical activities.
    Wees soo much he needs a nappy change late at night or early morning.

The stupid receptionist tried to give me advice how to train him and said maybe he has a uti. But that seems unlikely to me. He never complains or anything.

Just venting really but I'm not happy and seriously considering a private ot

Thanks for listening

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi bekah
    8 months?
    That's just too long when you are both needing support now

Going private is expensive, but I cannot tell you the difference it has already made to my little girl and all of us really. Well worth the money.

Sounds like you are having a bit of success with his speech development? That's great! Are you doing anything special at home to help him with that? Sounds like whatever you are doing is working

And as for the receptionist, just ignore the 'well meaning' advice. We have been told so many different things to get DD2 toilet trained and whilst ppl mean well, what they often don't understand is that it can be patronising. I cannot tell you the amount of times I have wanted to reply with something rude and sarcastic. But I just smile and nod politely..

let us know what you.decide about whether to go private or not.
    I'm Here for you

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    bekah i wanted to thank you for posting, and posting some of the things your child experiences...because reading that made a light bulb switch on for me.

both of my sons drink excessively, with my oldest son it has calmed down now (he is 7) but when he was younger, he would beg and cry to drink constantly...i never ever related that to his problems (ASD) now my second some does the same thing, we are a few weeks away from our assessment date, but paed says he is 99% sure its ASD he just needs psych to confirm.. so after reading your post i did some research and now have another thing i can put under my belt armed to talk to the psych with. i would have NEVER connected the 2.

*super hugs* try to go private if u can afford it. i don't like the bash the public system, but we tried public vs private and there's just no comparison. same with speech we do private speech and OT for the two boys, and the amount it has helped so far is amazing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree DiamondEyes. I don't like to bash the public system, but with things like these time is of the essence and 8months is too long to wait, hey

Thanks
    Reviews
    He doesn't just drink the water he constantly plays in it too and soaks the furniture and carpets he's a real water baby.

His speech has never been a problem but the whinging and demanding is really getting me down.

With toilet training he just doesn't feel the need to go and hell stand or sit somewhere and pee without realizing and because we have carpet everywhere except the bathroom it's really problematic I just don't have time to constantly sponge and dry carpet patches

I'm thinking about going to the gp again and getting a referral to a pead because the chn is hopeless and keeps telling me to enroll in triple p and 123 magic like its a problem with my discipline

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast