ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 92 of 116 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Tens. Congratulations for the lined up stars! I think it bodes well for you.
    Fort - I think so much lines up in relation to egg numbers. My first IVF attempt, I only got 2 but a chem pregn from 450 gonal jabs. Next time I did a flare cycle with presc 350 gonal jabs but I dialled myself up between 375 and 400. Got 5 eggs but only one fertilisable that didn't take. I had been on DHEA for 6 months by then too. I think Clexane is probably a big help. I'm not allowed unfortunately but will be trying asprin.
    Kenta, I'm so sorry to see your news. A fresh cycle at 40 isn't a terrible idea. I'm not sure chinese herbs help a lot but accupuncture before and after transfer does. It is also very relaxing.
    Jodi congrats on your little boy! I'd love to afford a donor egg cyle
    Lilwish, everything crossed for you.
    AFM still puddling along this month. Was very disappointed my zinc levels have not come up. I've read that it absorbs better taken on its own so will try that and hopefully the zinc tally test sends me through the roof by the time I try my last shot. I don't think I've lost any weight which is depressing but forgot to pick up my exercise after AF week so my own fault really

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Net3811 For This Useful Post:

Fortitude  (11-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All,

I had my check up at the Gyno yesturday, not good news, he told me that the fetus had no heart beat and that it had not grown since last check up and scan!

So sad! He said that I can wait to miscarry or be booked in for a Curette. He mentioned that he was going away so if I was to op for the Curette another Dr would have to do it. He said I should miscarry in the next week or two. I was not sure on what to do so I said I would wait to miscarry and if this did not happen within the week he was away when he returns I will considered a Curette.

So sad, I cried when I phoned hubby who is away (interstate) and when I told him he was so sad! I have kept this pregnancy a bit of a secret so when I told one of my friends she felt sad for me and told me it happened for a reason and also added I was getting old! As if it was the right time to mention!

I am trying to tell myself that yes it did happen for a reason maybe the fetus had something wrong with it, which is logic as the reason for no heart beat.

I do not know if I have made the right decision on waiting to miscarry or should I book in for a Curette? I feel that I am in limbo waiting to miscarry naturally. Has anyone got any advise regarding the two options?

Kind Regards

zannah

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Zannah,
    I'm so sorry to hear your news . I know exactly what you're feeling, except it must be so much harder with DH interstate .
    The decision is tough. The first time I was given the same choice. I decided on D&C cos it cleans it all out and gets it over with... as opposed to carrying on and on, as it can do. The 2nd time FS said if I hadn't got my period in a week come back for D&C, which I did in the hope of having it tested... unfortunately not enough to test tho cos had started to reabsorb. 3rd time I booked in for D&C so could get tested but mc naturally that morning before I got to the hospital... I can say that the natural way was certainly not the easiest, as I seemed to bleed for a week then nothing for a week then bleed again for a few days and so on... I felt like I had about 4or5 periods in 2 months before having a more normal AF. Other friends I've spoken to also said natural mc wasn't nice.
    So although the decision is entirely up to what you feel comfortable with, I personally recommend the D&C so you can get it over with and your body can start to repair without any chance of anything left in there to cause probs with your next cycle in a couple of mths or so (whenever you decide to go again).

I'm sorry if this was too much heavy info, but I would have liked the advice in the beginning, so hope you appreciate my sharing and I'm not stepping out of line.

Thinking of you ...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to lilwish For This Useful Post:

zannah  (11-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi lilwishThank you so much for your advice and to share with me your experience it is sincerely appreciated and has helped thank you!Kind RegardsZannah

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi every1 Zannah im soo soo sorry if i could be at your door with a 10kg block of chockie and a box of tissues i would,my heart goes out to u.Kenta sorry the evil witch showed uplilwish lead the way for me girl cause i wanna follow in your foot steps.net3811 thanks im hoping this is the 1.......micca thanks for the well wishes...do you know much about why my lining would be 18mm after my endo/hys day surgery that i had? would that be the reason i have felt strong o pain jodiw im in the middle of an embryo doner cycle u give me hope - i know it wont be my genes or dh's but our family is soooo screwed up that it will be a relief not to have a nut job in the family ha ha ha basically our choice came down to baby or no baby simple really-thats not to say this will work but i have always had this strong feeling that my dh and i were going to share a special little girl even when i knew i was pg with my darling son i had a strong feeling that something was wrong cause i was sure it was a girl........i pray to god this is it im not sure how many more i have in me.... hi to any1 i missedICSI #1 2008(1 Embryo) -DS Archie Jo(stillborn at 36wks and 5 days)ICSI #2 2009(2 Embryo's) 1 Transfered -BFN (1 frozen)FET #3 2009 BFNICSI #42009(2 Embryos) 2 Transfered -BFNICSI #52010(2 Embryos) 2 Transfered -BFNICSI #6 2011 May/June 2011 -BFNED 2011 no luck -BFN# 8 Here we come

8. The Following User Says Thank You to tens2many For This Useful Post:

Kenta  (11-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh my goodness NO!!!!
    Oh honey I am really reallly feeling your pain right now. When I got my AF last week I thought "This should have been the 8wk mark" and felt such a pang for my lost pregnancy. For you, who fought the dragon and had the BFP, then the embryo who battled and grew... this is extremely sad. I admit to being a tad jealous your pregnancy had progressed while mine had failed. But now I feel guilty for being jealous. You must be just devastated . Having hubby away right now is the worst possible timing. ((((HUGE HUGS))))

Quote Originally Posted by zannah View Post
    I have kept this pregnancy a bit of a secret so when I told one of my friends she felt sad for me and told me it happened for a reason and also added I was getting old! As if it was the right time to mention!
    "Never" is a good time to mention age might be a factor, right? I had people say it to me when my embryo failed to continue after implanting, and it was like "gee thanks for reminding me". Oh and the worse (but true) if you've had this much success then your chance of future success is actually increased.
    Bit of a bitter pill though. It's like "Great, but actually I was kind of attached to this pregnancy". Take your time, cry often and let yourself feel the full cycle of grief. Remember most clinics offer counselling and it may be worth seeking some chat time.
    Again, HUGS. xoxoxox
    Last edited by Fortitude; 12-07-2012 at 14:10.

Thanks
    Reviews
    AGE is the easiest thing people come up with when they have nothing better to say sorry not trying to offend about your dh but when i lost my boy i had many people including professionals say things like my age is why he died and i was too old to have a baby anyway and the best one was your obese (93kg at 35wks 5days)thats what killed your baby-that was a midwife and i can assure you none of those were the reason.....i think people panic and always say the wrong thing i think the motto if you have nuthing nice to say dont say anything at all should be used 24hours a day. no doubt your dh is feeling the pinch to they just deal with everything so differently and they always try to be the strong ones holding it together hence the reason the wrong words come out sometimes...

xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenta View Post
    AF came for me today with a vengence so it's a negative for me. We are disappointed and trying to decide whether to put our only frozen embryo next cycle back or do another cycle as I'm 40 now and time is against us.
    Awww SUCKS! Sorry to hear that.
    As for cycling... after speaking to our FS the theory is if you "hope" for more than 1 child then keep as many frosties as you can. With the plan that #1 child is a stim cycle bub and by the time you want #2 you are using 40yo egg embyros rather than 42+yo eggs and trying on stim later.
    You hoping for more than 1? if so I think consider keeping any frosties frosted.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Fortitude For This Useful Post:

Kenta  (11-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tens2many View Post
    AGE is the easiest thing people come up with when they have nothing better to say sorry not trying to offend about your dh but when i lost my boy i had many people including professionals say things like my age is why he died and i was too old to have a baby anyway and the best one was your obese (93kg at 35wks 5days)thats what killed your baby-that was a midwife and i can assure you none of those were the reason.....i think people panic and always say the wrong thing i think the motto if you have nuthing nice to say dont say anything at all should be used 24hours a day. no doubt your dh is feeling the pinch to they just deal with everything so differently and they always try to be the strong ones holding it together hence the reason the wrong words come out sometimes...

xo
    Totally agree. People like a good scape goat. Nothing like rubbing in and bring up the obvious. Or INVENTING a scape goat if needed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks all for the nice support and well thought out opinions lilwish and fortitude - DH agrees with you both. Spoke to FS and the POAS was negative today so have stopped the crinone tonight. We are deciding between doing a new cycle or putting back our only frozen blast. Feeling time is running out for us and my fibroids seem to be growing with IVF so FS talked about possibly doing another myomectomy. We would like to have more than one but seems like getting one has turned out harder than we expected. If only I had met DH 10yrs ago I would not be running out of time.