ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 86 of 116 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls

just an update... got 7 eggs today . Lower no's than usual (normally around 11) but then I've passed that dreaded 42yo drop off now so not really surprised. Fortunately sperm was above average so hopefully that, combined with the fact I've had acup for over a year now, we'll have good fert results??? (normally over 50%, but who knows these days). Still trying not to get my hopes up too much, but a glimmer of hope still flickers of course...

Will call each morning to check

Zannah, so happy for your gr8 news. Lucky you hadn't entirely given up on the littlie - they can trick you a bit sometimes, although we could certainly do without the worry. Hoping it sticks and keeps growing stronger everyday

Hi to everyone else Hope you're all doing well.

Oh and thanks so much to all of you with your wisdom on the drug issue... glad it sounds like it's not all in vain for a silly thing like that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Lilwish (((7))) eggs That is AWESOME!!!! Fingers crossed 7 are mature, 7 fertilise and 7 grow. Although you only need one that sticks around in the end right?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe lilwish could keep all 7 and have septuplets
    Congratulations and fingers crossed for great fertilization tonight

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wannabe LOL ROFLMAO!!!!!!! Septuplets!! x7

Thanks
    Reviews
    lilwish... woohoo on the egg collection lets hope that you have some high quality eggs in there and DHs super sperm do the trick, I will be waiting with baited breath for your fert report... fingers crossed.... xxxx

zannah.... what great news on the embryo. . this one is definately hanging around. the measurements can be so hard to be accurate at the early stage where as a much as a mm or 2 out can lead to inacurate results.... My fingers are crossed for this little one to keep growing and growing... cant wait until your next scan

wanabb .... how are those gorgeous twins going?? are they growing and thriving..

I went into woollies today ... swisse brand vitamins are all 1/2 price... so got some coQ10 150mg (30) for $15... and some liquid fishoil and chorophyll for my smoothies.. this vitamin habit is almost as bad as my drug habit..lol...
    Ive decided to have another lipoidal flush/endometrial biopsy before my cycle.. so its booked for the end of august... then my cycle starts about a week later...
    Ive not got a friggin clue what my cycle is doing.. no idea if I even ovulated or not.... so it will be interesting... if I ovulated ? the weekend then it will be interesting if AF comes on time... but who knows...lol... all I know is that I have to have AF on 14th august to start the ocp... FS has me on 16days of ocp prior to the cycle. FX
    Last edited by micca; 26-06-2012 at 19:41.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Micca I have tried to look this up so I wouldn't have to ask but what is a lipoidal flush? I read that you can have this with poppyseed which makes it even more intriguing. Can I ask what your FS has recommended for your cycle this time? I am curious as to why you will be on cop before hand? Will you also be on saizen? Like you I am not sure what my cycle is doing at the moment. Im trying (make that forcing myself) to eat more greens with every meal so I get chlorophyl but I will have a look at this at the woolies as well.

AFM I had a late period and when I had my day 2 blood test almost 2 weeks ago now, to start my ivf cycle I was told that my oestrogen levels were so high that even though I was bleeding I was about to ovulate. I went back on monday (a week later) and had another blood test which confirmed that in fact I had ovulated and I was told to expect my period in 5 - 10 days (from last Monday which means any day now). So my cycle is all over the shop! FS said that this could be due to about 4 different things all of which could have contributed such as illness, age, something about small eggs, etc. It does get confusing. So Im waiting to bleed so I can start another full ivf cycle. Bring it on baby!

Hello to everyone and hope u are all doing well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wanabemum View Post
    Micca I have tried to look this up so I wouldn't have to ask but what is a lipoidal flush? I read that you can have this with poppyseed which makes it even more intriguing. Can I ask what your FS has recommended for your cycle this time? I am curious as to why you will be on cop before hand? Will you also be on saizen? Like you I am not sure what my cycle is doing at the moment. Im trying (make that forcing myself) to eat more greens with every meal so I get chlorophyl but I will have a look at this at the woolies as well. .
    The lipoidal flush aims to clear the tubes of debris and it also increases the amount of tissue growth factors in the uterus. It has found through consistant data that it increases the rates of pregnancy in the 3-6months after it has been done,... mainly through increasing implantation rates.
    I have an endometrial biopsy/scratch done at the same time...this sets up an area of irritation which again releases a lot of growth factors and is supposed to up the implantation rate significantly...they do it as standard in the USA in a lot of clinics.

The saizen... I was on an injecton a day but it has recently increased to $195 an injection so my FS has decreased it to everysecond day... which is what they do in europe. I also had it every second day for my cycle with DD and I think it works well with us oldies....

on the oestrogen... the most likely cause is an ovarian cyst... probably one which has not ovulated from your previous cycle... they usually spontaneously resolve...although sometimes you need a month on the ocp to make them go away... one was responsible for my prior cycle cancellations this year.

lets hope everything settles down for you and you are able to cycle in july... xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for getting back to me so quickly Micca! I had a laparoscopy last Novembr and my FS said she would include a "clearing of my tubes and scraping of uterous" so I will check but I may have had this done at the same time.

Are you going to have an OCP-antagonist cycle? Will you use Gonal F and Orgalutran or Cetrotide? Any other things your fs will be adding? As you can tell I am looking for ideas

I read this article on OCP http://www.fertility.ca/2009/05/the-best-ivf-protocol/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Wannabemum, I am STILLllll waiting on AF, so frustrating, but the upside is DH will be home at EC so nice fresh swimmers, however a little drunk I would think! He will be going on immediate detox when he gets home Saturday week!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Wannabemum, I am STILLllll waiting on AF, so frustrating, but the upside is DH will be home at EC so nice fresh swimmers, however a little drunk I would think! He will be going on immediate detox when he gets home Saturday week!