Closed Thread
Page 80 of 116 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Tens2many-excellent, I am also waiting for AF, we might stim together, it would be nice to have a TWW buddy in the >40's.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anxious - I reckon we could do a cycle together but you better be ready to go the whole 9 months cos this time im bringin home a baby

ICSI #1 2008(1 Embryo) -DS Archie Jo(stillborn at 36wks and 5 days)
    ICSI #2 2009(2 Embryo's) 1 Transfered -BFN (1 frozen)
    FET #3 2009 BFN
    ICSI #42009(2 Embryos) 2 Transfered -BFN
    ICSI #52010(2 Embryos) 2 Transfered -BFN
    ICSI #6 2011 May/June 2011 -BFN

ED 2011 no luck -BFN

# 8 Here we come

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm hearing ya girlfriend, I'll be with ya comparing our baby kgs along the way lol x cheers to positive thinking!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Well come end July after my FET how about I join your 40+ and preggers club too?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Anxious Fortitude the more Ladies the merrier im afraid ive had a lot of negatives but each time i try try again an each time beggining of with a positive attitude (not always ending with 1 tho)
    We have made such changes in our lives now and being pg would be stress free and my job is sooooooo laid back that I could easily stay the whole 9 months and then be a sahm (weird thing is tho by the time child goes to school I would be looking at 50 therefore would retire i got it all planned)

Hope your all having great weekend!!!!

ICSI #1 2008(1 Embryo) -DS Archie Jo(stillborn at 36wks and 5 days)
    ICSI #2 2009(2 Embryo's) 1 Transfered -BFN (1 frozen)
    FET #3 2009 BFN
    ICSI #42009(2 Embryos) 2 Transfered -BFN
    ICSI #52010(2 Embryos) 2 Transfered -BFN
    ICSI #6 2011 May/June 2011 -BFN

ED 2011 no luck -BFN

# 8 Here we come

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

I am new to this site and welcome the opportunity for a bit of mutual moral support.

Me: Age 43.5 and about to start IVF.

Boxing Ring Round 1: Dec 2010 ectopic pregnancy loss @ 5 wks (whilst enduring the excruciating agony of a ruptured disc @ same time) :thumbdown: Methotrexate x 2, subsequent laparoscopy shows tubes ok. :thumbup:

Round 2: March 2012 uterine miscarriage @ 8 wks. :thumbdown: (Found out I was pregnant naturally the day we went to collect our ivf drugs, LOL).

Round 3: Was meant to collect ivf drugs last Friday as cycle is due in a few days but DH insisted we pull out as he has just been made redundant & I am only working P/T. He's anxious about finance & stress levels. I'm just anxious (understatement of the year) about the tick tick tick.

DH currently won't commit to a timeline to start IVF. I'm not sure how to talk it through with him so we can both get on the same page again. Any thoughts to share about my dilemma?

bluewombat
    Last edited by bluewombat; 17-06-2012 at 17:32.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewombat View Post
    Hi all,

I am new to this site and welcome the opportunity for a bit of mutual moral support.

Me: Age 43.5 and about to start IVF.

Boxing Ring Round 1: Dec 2010 ectopic pregnancy loss @ 5 wks. :thumbdown: Methotrexate x 2, subsequent laparoscopy shows tubes ok. :thumbup:

Round 2: March 2012 uterine miscarriage @ 8 wks. :thumbdown: (Found out I was pregnant naturally the day we went to collect our ivf drugs, LOL).

Round 3: Was meant to collect ivf drugs last Friday as cycle is due in a few days but DH insisted we pull out as he has just been made redundant & I am only working P/T. He's anxious about finance & stress levels. I'm just anxious (understatement of the year) about the tick tick tick.

DH currently won't commit to a timeline to start IVF. I'm not sure how to talk it through with him so we can both get on the same page again. Any thoughts to share about my dilemma?

bluewombat
    Welcome Bluewombat!
    Hmm that is a VERY hard call financially. But I 100% hear what you're saying about the tick tock. Logically the longer we over 40's leave it the smaller the chance it works- so in terms of it working it makes best sense to start soon as possible. This also means less cost logically to me. I am very serious about wanting a baby, so if this was me I would seriously sell some stuff to fund it, or beg/ borrow the money of someone who might lend it until you're more financial. Our biological clock doesn't care what our bank balance says, it keeps ticking. I would suggest raising your concern that waiting may mean IVF is less effective and therefore more likely that more cycles would be needed to fulfill your dream. "A stitch in time saves nine" tpye approach. Could you go to fulltime to boost your income? Difficult if doing IVF but not as difficult as missing out right?

Fortitude

AFM Relaxing and feeling bit better after my disppointing cycle. Part of me felt like I might not be able to face it all again, but then I snapped out of that. Ready to take this challenge where it takes me to reach my dream. Estimate for next cycle is a FET late July.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fortitude,

Thanks for the prompt reply! We have the money saved for the ivf. For DH I think it's more to do with him being jobless in 2 wks (which we can cope with financially for a few months) and feeling like he should have a job if he is going down the path of being a father. He is really stressed about the job loss/loss of identity. And we've both had a rough time in the last 2 years; the redundancy the last straw.

But I think your perspective about longer term costs if we don't commit now is really valid.

Poor DH appears to be coming down with the flu so I think I'll give it a few days :screwy:

Thanks again

bluewombat
    Last edited by bluewombat; 17-06-2012 at 17:30.

Thanks
    Reviews
    ok I wanna join the 40+ preggers club too ...!!! just wish I did not have to wait until sept... I want to cycle NOW !!! but I know that the extra months of diet and exercise will really help.
    I have found a preparation called super greens by swisse.. spiralina, chlorophyl, wheat grass... hoping it will help... tastes not so good.. but when put in a smoothie its great.. it will be interesting to see how my hormones are...Ill check them in about 2 weeks when AF is due.

blue.
    ..welcome to our lovely thread... I too agree with fortitude.. at your age (my age too) time really is of the essence there is a huge change in egg quality as we hit the 42yr+. You could do this cycle and then if it is a failure go to a hospital based ivf... either westmead fertility clinic (sydney) or springwood clinic (brisbane) where your out of pocket expenses would only be about $300... sounds like your eggs are not too bad with the recent pregnancies you have had... so your chances could be quite good.
    There is nothing worse getting to 44yrs and having the why did I wait talk with yourself... and the same goes with DHs sperm..his is clapping out with age as well and can contribute to increased miscarrage.

Fortitude... yay for getting your mojo back and into the ivf train..

Anxious,... Im so glad that you are cycling again this month..woohoo... get those white pants on !!!!

tens... yay yay for a huge cycle club.. how exciting that you will be all cycling in a group... my fingers are crossed

Hi to everyone else..

now Im not sure if I have written this or not...
    but as of july 1st the tax laws for claiming out of pocket expenses for medical costs will change.
    present..... threshold $2000 out of pocket..... claimable 20% costs above this.
    july 1st.... threshold upto $5000 out of pocket... claimable 10% costs above this..

I checked on the ATO site..
    So if you can get as much paid for before the end of the financial year (that is if you have already reached threshold)it means you can at least get more back.
    Im paying for my extra ivf drugs now ..around $3000 worth and my acpuncture and chinese herbs... so I have maximal costs to claim.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by micca View Post
    So if you can get as much paid for before the end of the financial year
    Thanks for that- will see what I can pay for now.
    Am adding those vitamins you suggested BTW! Can't hurt right.
    Did you do the 'pineapple' thing Micca?