ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 79 of 116 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    wanabamum...answers to your questions..
    1..prednisone..taken as a daily tablet.... most FS use a dose of around 10mg from day one of cycle.

2.transiderm nitro is a drug that dilates blood vessels...it is used primarily for the heart to treat angina.. chestpain. but it has also been found to have positive benefits to the uterus and ovaries by increasing bloodflow... the down side is it can reduce your blood pressue and give you a headache. it is a patch attached to the skin. A drs script is needed.

3. vitaminD... take every day... I tend to do an alternate day 1000/2000iu dose

4. regards to the melatonin...make sure the dose is 2-3mg.. at the moment to my knowledge you can only buy homeopathic strength melatonin over the counter and need a prescription for anything stronger. The homeopathic dose is about 1:1000 of what we need and not really helpful at all.

oh and I agree on the dhea..my mood is much better...

anxious... isnt it amazing how quickly our fertiliy drops after about 42..very scary. I would not worry too much about not ovulating. most FS dont use clomid in older women as it often does not work and has more negative effects... thin lining etc...
    your cycle sounds like mine with all the meds... and saizen..expensive stuff that one. are you doing a antagonist/agonist conversion cycle with estrogen priming? which is what mine is called... Im not using glue though, but I will do assisted hatching.

foritude... how are you going? is your pity party winding down and the focus for the next cycle becoming more obsessive now?

Sunny... I hope you are reading... just huge hugs

not much to say from me... pill popping, chinese herb drinking, trying to eat healthy...except for the chocolate that I seem to crave now that I cant have it..lol. trying to increase my excerise.. now that illness (well I have a cold) and ivf is all out of my system... and of course work has been flat chat.. but at least it is $$ in the bank to pay for the last horaah in sept.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to micca For This Useful Post:

wanabemum  (13-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Micca- My pity party is winding down, but I am being kind of stubborn. I am over being poked and prodded by the micro managers at my clinic. As a result my stubborn self is refusing to go in for a follow up BT to "see how the HcG is dropping". I keep thinking, geez now you want to monitor it all to keep reminding me it failed? No thanks, I need a little space actually. I figure I have another month before my next AF/cycle, so surely this can wait a week or so.

Thanks
    Reviews
    fortitude... its hard when you have a chemical pregnancy...... I found that with the blood tests it was good to see what was happening. I found mine sort of reassuring as the dropping progesterone meant that AF was not far away and the dropping hcg reassured me that it was all going naturally and well and no sign of ectopic... I did my last blood test 10 days after AF to make sure all my hormones had returned to normal which was a big relief.
    A few days - week probably wont make much difference at all since your beta did not get high...
    Big hugs

5. The Following User Says Thank You to micca For This Useful Post:

Fortitude  (14-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bit the bullet and had my follow up BT- as I predicted my hormones are back to baseline already. This AF has been savage though- clots the size of elephants and lots of cramping. Next appointment with FS is early July and I am just going to chill a bit this month.

How are those twins going I wonder?

What's new for everyone else?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fortitude it took me a few months to feel back to normal after my miscarriage. I apparently had a very large cyst. It's a great idea to chill Take care of yourself.

Micca thanks for answering my questions.. again!

I have cut out all gluten alcohol and sugar in my diet this week. Im expecting AF which is unusually 2 days late - but perhaps this is due to the ivf I went through in May? Anyway, I am waiting so i can start ivf again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry have tried to post several times but kept timing out and I gave up. 32 weeks today. Still in hospital but getting paroled next Monday after scan. Both bubs doing well but obs was bit concerned with growth mainly head and abdo circumference but may be due to measurements. Lil boy is 33 percentile and girl is 10 percentile. Have to go to local hospital daily for monitoring and pediatrician recommends delivery 34-36 weeks before infection. Will need weekly vaginal swab and twice weekly BT to monitor. Fortitude so sorry your levels didn't continue to rise. It is devastating but promising that you got BFP.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to wannabb For This Useful Post:

Fortitude  (14-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So glad to hear those Twinnies are still on board, best of luck with the next few weeks.
    xoxox Fortitude

Thanks
    Reviews
    wanabb......great to hear the twins are still doing great sounds like you will be a mum in less than a month... great that you have gotten so far... good work.... Ive been thinking about you regulary and wondering how things were

fortitude.... Its great that your levels have returned to normal so quickly... some womens levels can take weeks... so get vitamin popping and await the next round.

wanabemum... ha ha on the diet... thats the same thing Im telling myself... no white flour, sugar (well I will try) and lots of veges ... we will see...
    I find after ivf your AF can be a little late...

Im just chugging... vitamins that is..lol... some of them not so pleasant.. I found a nice mix by swisse called super greens...with wheatgrass/spiralina/chorophyll in .. tastes pretty bad in water but good in a smoothie... I also got my vitamins from usa... only took about 2 weeks this time... more rattling..lol..lol...
    Ive researched the changes to the tax for medical expenses... basically it has now gone onto a tier system the same as health insurance... so top tier has a $5000 threshold (prior was $2000) and for everyone it drops from 20% to 10% rebate.. so I am trying to buy everything before the endd of the year... got my herbs, going to see if my acupuncture guy will let me pay for 10 sessions in advance.. and Im going to see if I can pay for my saizen and luveris in advance of my sept cycle... then at least I can claim it all...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

I have been amiss due to a stinking cold, care of my DD. I just couldn’t bring myself to pick up any communication device because the screens are all too bright! Any-how’s we are on the mend!

Fortitude-I am coping very well, I knew it would have had to been one hell of a miracle to get pregnant naturally and out of the blue, but here’s to dreaming.
    We can all relate to you, being poke and prodded!! I hope now that your hormones are back to normal, you are feeling a wee bit better.

Wanabemum-my clinic rates there clients (I would assume most would, it’s just depends on were they show it). I think the rating is based on all aspects i.e. age, AMH test, medical history. Lucrin has the same action as Synarel but is given as an injection. My Growth Hormone is Scitropin-A $300 for the privilege (another non-refundable med).

Micca-You are a book of useful knowledge, I really get a lot out of your explanations. BTW, do you work in the medical industry, just curious…
    My OB said after giving birth to DD at 40 ½ that don’t waist time if I want another one, now I know what he means, there is no myth to the fact that fertility plummets after 40/42…
    I wish I knew more about clomid before taking it, I usually have a great endometrian lining this time it was dismal.
    I think I’m doing an antogonist/agonist conversion cycle…the FS was talking about that but it went over my head., so much to absorb.
    Does September feel a long way off to you, I know the 2 weeks is long way off for me to get going again, I’m very impatient!
    Micca, you are a super woman! Single parent and a full –time working mum, I am exhausted just being a mum!

Wannabb-32 weeks, yippy

I am waiting waiting waiting…I think you can all relate, I am hanging out to get AF…strange things we IVF ladies wish for, WT…

Ok off to do a fess job on my snoz x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies hope your all having a great weekend

Anxious - I hope you are feeling a little better no doubt weve all done our share of dreaming!!!!!

micca - Im armed and dangerous with my vitamins (my Vit d is extremely low I have to take 2 a day for next 3 months )

wannabb - Take extra special care of yourself

Fortitude - Whats your plan of attack as you move forward ?

wanabemum - Im gunna try the no sugar yadda yadda and be really good ive just gotta wait till I finish $60 worth of junk DH and I bought at world's biggest lolly shop in Melbourne better eat quick.....

AFM - no results back yet from polyp so hope all is okay tryn not to stress.... FS wants me to come in for internal measurement of the cervix to ensure he's got everything spot on an then we are suppose to be good to go when af shows her ugly face. He's not concerned with severe endo as its on the pelvic wall whilst having a poke around they decided to do a curette so ive got a clean slate fs said and he wants to move now.....

hello to any one I have missed