Closed Thread
Page 78 of 116 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Fort, Zinc is vital for cell division so would be good for current frosty to keep dividing and growing. i've learned about this the hard way. My one and only IVF the egg only got to 3 cells. I knew my zinc levels weren't great and really should have worked on them more. I'm looking at a last IUI (I really don't know why, call me crazy) and am making sure I don't rush and am building my zinc levels first. Once I feel comfortable that I have optimal zinc levels, I'll try again.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Net3811 For This Useful Post:

Fortitude  (12-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tens2many View Post
    Hi ladies hope you enjoyed your public holiday I myself had to work!!!

Micca just as I remember you are a book of knowledge so I wish to pick your brains a little if thats ok. I am riddled with endo and they just removed a really large ugly polyp whats your take on my chances now ?-they did not see it neccesary to remove any of the endo I have to wait the results of the polyp and talk to fs what our next move should be.Its very confusing to me as im not using my own eggs the endo shouldnt be an issue but is endo an issue for implantation? How do you make your uterus receptive???
    tens... getting rid of the endo will help as it helps with the hormone balance. Gedtting rid of the polyp definately helps as well and it acts like a scratch biopsy to the endometrium... so it will improve your chances of implantation over the next 3 months... Ive had 2 endometrial scratches/biopsy for just this reason. So Id say your chances are good as far as the endometrium goes... ask about prednisone if you dont have it in your protocol and start some aspirin.. now.. just take 100mg alternate days then at CD1 take it everyday. oh and I would be taking 1000-2000iu vitaminD..which helps with implantation as well as high dose folic acid... 5mg a day- megafol (not 500mcg). I think that would probably help... my FS has me putting half a transiderm nitro patch on my foot at night for my next cycle... supposed to improve uterine blood flow.... have never done that before...
    ask away Ill do my best to answer...

Thanks
    Reviews
    fort.... to answer your questions

vit C, E, coq10 are powerful antioxidants... so improve egg growing conditions... CoQ10..150mg on special at chemist warehouse.. 50% off
    Vit D.. aids implantation
    Zinc as above with nets reply
    DHEA... improves egg quality... so more chromosomally normal eggs..ie maybe 3/10 instead of 1/10... so a big difference... worth getting hormone levels checked after a month as too much can be bad for eggs... studies used 75mg.. I take 50.. as my hair falls out at 75mg.
    magnesium... good for cell growth as well..
    fish oil... good for building blocks for egg walls...

hope this helps

5. The Following User Says Thank You to micca For This Useful Post:

Fortitude  (12-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

Very interesting time ahead for us all, with a pinch of excitement along the way.

I had my 21 (22) day FS/ultrasound appointment today. Ultrasound confirmed I didn't ovulate this month (not even with the assistance of clomid)! My fertility rate has gone from a B (when conceived DD 2010) to a D, not looking good, but full steam ahead for cycle end of the month.

For those who are interested:

I have decided to do Growth Hormone injections .3mg nightly for the next 2 weeks, continue DHEA 25mg morning and night, Gonal 600, lucrin injections instead of orgalutran (because of poor egg count), embryo glue, verapamil hydrochloride (taken at embryo transfer, stops uterus contracting), prednisone, cardiprin , pregnyl and combined pessaries progesterone/estrogen (from egg collection, I have low estrogen re Perimenopaus).

I asked about trying for blasty, they said they could but to keep in mind my low egg collection rate which may lead to no transfer. I will make decision after speaking with embryologist down the track.

I will continue acupuncture 2 days a week, take his herbs in addition to all the other pills I'm taking, fish oil, Mega folate, elevit, probiotic.

On a lighter note, we had some stormy weather here in the West, power was out from 2pm yesterday to 4pm today, I had to toss a lot of food away, all I was worried about was my DHEA, and growth hormone! Oh, & milk for DD.

Night all, I hope everyone has a clear mind and a good night sleep. X

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Anxious For This Useful Post:

wanabemum  (12-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by micca View Post
    CoQ10..150mg on special at chemist warehouse.. 50% off
    Good to know! Coles wanted to charge $41.95!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Micca's original post, not sure how to copy on iPhone .
    As for being a mum in her 40s... I think I am much more laid back... I dont stress too much with DD and she certainly makes me feel very very young... ask me again in 5years when she is going to school with mums that are in their 30s and I am nearly 50..eek..

I agree! Unfortunately I struggled with joint pain about when DD was 3 mths, I felt really old then. The other thing, when I was in my 20's I could leap off the floor, now after playing with DD I need the assistance of the lounge to get myself up. I also struggled with being house bound and selfish, I soon got over that. I love being a mother, hate being a housewife lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Anxious View Post
    Hi ladies

I had my 21 (22) day FS/ultrasound appointment today. Ultrasound confirmed I didn't ovulate this month (not even with the assistance of clomid)!

Oh man. How you coping?
    xxoxoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all

For all the purists out there I just wanted to add the following bits of knowledge that a naturopath at the Joselyn Centre (a very expensive natural fertility clinic here in sydney) gave me:
    CQ10 - only buy naturally fermented as this works better/better quality.
    Fish oil - the best quality oil is made from anchovies - you can get this from chemists. This is opposed to fish oil made from large fish like tuna which may carry heavy metals and other impurities. Mine is flavoured with orange so it doesn't taste fishy and all i take is one teaspoon full a day.
    One of the best brands for supplements is "Ethical Nutrients" which is available at most chemists and usually around the same price. I didn't realise this but according to the naturopath there is a variance in quality between brands.
    melatonin - you don't need a script but can buy this from the chemist now.

Also in relation to DHEA just to offer a different perspective, I have been on this for a few months now and its not all bad. Im on 75mg - though sometimes on the odd day I take 50mg - and the only side effect I have had is that my hair does fall out more. However it is also apparently good at building muscle (as opposed to fat) and as a mood lifter. From my personal experience I think I have experienced both. It also helps with your sex life (can't say Ive noticed this) and in an interview, Ive read that Jane Fonda said she takes it to stay young and look at her on that red carpet! .
    Last edited by wanabemum; 12-06-2012 at 16:50.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Anxious

I read your post with a lot of interest as I am starting my next icsi tomorrow with any luck. I will also be using Growth Hormone injections (siazen) as my last cycle was cancelled before retrieval due to poor response.
    I am curious to find out how this differs to a normal cycle?
    How do you know you have gone from a B to a D in your fertility rate - I have never heard of this rating?
    How does lucrin work?
    Whatever you do, don't give up hope due to not ovulating for one month. My fs found that I didn't ovulate once and said that this is perfectly natural and that every month is different. I hope that is the case with you. x

Quote Originally Posted by Anxious View Post
    Hi ladies

Very interesting time ahead for us all, with a pinch of excitement along the way.

I had my 21 (22) day FS/ultrasound appointment today. Ultrasound confirmed I didn't ovulate this month (not even with the assistance of clomid)! My fertility rate has gone from a B (when conceived DD 2010) to a D, not looking good, but full steam ahead for cycle end of the month.

For those who are interested:

I have decided to do Growth Hormone injections .3mg nightly for the next 2 weeks, continue DHEA 25mg morning and night, Gonal 600, lucrin injections instead of orgalutran (because of poor egg count), embryo glue, verapamil hydrochloride (taken at embryo transfer, stops uterus contracting), prednisone, cardiprin , pregnyl and combined pessaries progesterone/estrogen (from egg collection, I have low estrogen re Perimenopaus).

I asked about trying for blasty, they said they could but to keep in mind my low egg collection rate which may lead to no transfer. I will make decision after speaking with embryologist down the track.

I will continue acupuncture 2 days a week, take his herbs in addition to all the other pills I'm taking, fish oil, Mega folate, elevit, probiotic.

On a lighter note, we had some stormy weather here in the West, power was out from 2pm yesterday to 4pm today, I had to toss a lot of food away, all I was worried about was my DHEA, and growth hormone! Oh, & milk for DD.

Night all, I hope everyone has a clear mind and a good night sleep. X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Micca Thanks again for sharing your knowledge. I have never heard of the transidermal patch before. Did you need a script for it? I found this article, though it still isn't really clear: http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/heart-and...o-patches.html

Do you take the vitamin d every day?
    How do you take the prednisone - when do you start taking it and how much?

Quote Originally Posted by micca View Post
    ... ask about prednisone if you dont have it in your protocol and start some aspirin.. now.. just take 100mg alternate days then at CD1 take it everyday. oh and I would be taking 1000-2000iu vitaminD..which helps with implantation as well as high dose folic acid... 5mg a day- megafol (not 500mcg). I think that would probably help... my FS has me putting half a transiderm nitro patch on my foot at night for my next cycle... supposed to improve uterine blood flow.... have never done that before...
    ask away Ill do my best to answer...
    Last edited by wanabemum; 12-06-2012 at 17:33.