Closed Thread
Page 75 of 116 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    hi all

I just have a question ...again, sorry I seem to have so many! I have put on weight and I am now borderline obese according to my bmi. I am 42 and I have a thyroid problem. I know that time is everything but I keep emotionally eating and putting on weight when I go through ivf. I was thinking that what I might do this next cycle, which is to start in mid June (i.e. one week away) is to have any blastocysts that may be retrieved frozen and I then lose weight so that I give myself my best shot of carrying them. I know that everyone will tell me to consult with my doctor and I will but I was just wondering if you could give me your thoughts too? What is the survival rate of thawing and will my ability to carry a baby be changed enough to make a difference if i lose weight?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wanabemum View Post
    hi all

I just have a question ...again, sorry I seem to have so many! I have put on weight and I am now borderline obese according to my bmi. I am 42 and I have a thyroid problem. I know that time is everything but I keep emotionally eating and putting on weight when I go through ivf. I was thinking that what I might do this next cycle, which is to start in mid June (i.e. one week away) is to have any blastocysts that may be retrieved frozen and I then lose weight so that I give myself my best shot of carrying them. I know that everyone will tell me to consult with my doctor and I will but I was just wondering if you could give me your thoughts too? What is the survival rate of thawing and will my ability to carry a baby be changed enough to make a difference if i lose weight?
    Just wanted to mention some things about the weight loss part. I have battled for years and finally lost a large amount of weight. I found walking daily really helped (at first 1/2 hr then 1hr once I got fitter). Lite n easy was great as I didn't have to worry about calories for a while (it is expensive so look at their website as they have a DIY menu and instead of their dinners you could buy low joule frozen ones at the supermarket). Also, I base my current diet on CSIRO diet- but must admit I eat less meat than they suggest as meat is too expensive. I add low fat cottage cheese instead as it is dairy and high protien (so fills me up).
    With my last pregnancy I actually went on a healthy diet while pregnant (dr OKed it) and only gained 6kg the whole pregnancy.
    I think getting some weight off might help- even if it is just the later part of pregnancy- eg high blood pressure or diabetes. So long as you aren't sweating/ overheating you can exercise when pregnant- so if you did transfer one and end up BFP all isn't lost for your weight loss journey.
    Good luck with the weight loss journey- it is a hard one. If you want to chat about it PM me- I lost 50+kg so understand the effort.
    My FS said frosties are as good as fresh- but that said they need to actually defrost right?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Fortitude For This Useful Post:

wanabemum  (09-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im so sorry that I havent been here to celebrate, commiserate, educate etc, but I have been thinking of you all.

It looks like I may be joining the ranks of the single ladies! A very sudden break up...but those of you that have been around for a while will know a bit of DPs history. I am absolutely gutted, even though I had to ask him to leave. I hope and wish things will turn around...we love each other dearly and Im hoping that love will conquer all.

I may not check in often, in fact I pretty much had to bribe myself to get on tonight...in my mind it represents what I may have been lost. It hurts.

My thoughts are with you all and I wish everyone every bit luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fortitude Great to hear from you. How are things progressing - any news on those HCG levels? 50+kgs! That is amazing! You are an inspiration. I have the CSIRO books so I think I will give those a go. Thanks for the advice about exercising and dieting while being pregnant. Everyone has such different advice but I like that you have actually been through it. That counts.

I would still like to know if anyone has any info on thawing success rates. I actually have another reason for wanting to put off a pregnancy at the moment which relates to tough times in my marriage. It's a juggling act.

Sunny15 don't give up on your dream! Were there's a will there's a way x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wanabeamum I just read yr post and my doc says frozen are better and I had my success on frozen(while it lasted) I too am on the weight loss path while I'm waiting to cycle I'm doing weight watchers and had my first weigh in yesterday and I lost 1.6 kg but I have twenty million more to go I had my bfp when I have lost 7kgs but all the meds I put it back on I'm sending you good vibes hun maybe we can do it together

Sunny Hun I'm so so sorry I know it's been a struggle for a while my heart goes out to you at this time xxxxx

Fort how are you going Hun?? Is yr bt today ??

Hello everyone sorry I'm not on much just trying to keep my sanity lol

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Leannep For This Useful Post:

wanabemum  (09-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sunny, sounds like you are facing a very tough time. I am not one of those who knows about your DP history but if you felt the need to ask him to leave then I can only imagine it was not a decision taken flippantly.
    I have been through separation and remember what an emotional rollercoaster it is. Just that numb feeling when you know hard decisions are being made and the fear that decisions might be wrong. Hang in there, seek and ask for help with friends and/or a counsellor.
    xoxoxo

AFM
    BT: rose from 40 to 48. So all over.
    Last edited by Fortitude; 08-06-2012 at 14:26.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sunny I am sorry to hear of your situation. Without knowing anything of your situation, TTC always puts an additional strain on things. I hope you are doing okay.

Wanabemum, exactly as above ^^ I remember thinking at some point in my foolish youth, marriage would be all beer & skittles (or roses, or whatever your preference). I hope you can resolve things. We had a very tough time in the lead up to IVF, I know everyone says this but a psychologist really did help me/us. From my own perspective, I was able to shift my communication methods to DH to enable my message to get across better, and he in turn shifted.

As far as the frozen embies go, I think clinics differ but my clinic has an excellent thaw rate as a result of their vitrifcation methods. They're actually embarking on a new study to back up their belief that frozen could now offer a better chance at BFP. All my BFPs were from frozens & I believe a better 'natural' environment - whether that's a more healthy mum generally or a uterus/reproductive system free of stim hormones - is best for implant rates.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/lif...-1226386393004

Leanne, stay sane hun ! I can't remember where you are but I hope there's some sunny days coming up - literally - maybe a chance to get out and breath some fresh winter air.

Fort, when is your next BT ?? Good luck

Hi Micca, hope you are doing ok.

Hi to everyone else ....

10. The Following User Says Thank You to lilbirdy For This Useful Post:

wanabemum  (09-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fort - I was so shocked and sad to hear about your hcg levels! What does your doc say? Are you sure there is no hope? Loads and loads of hugs your way. Hang in there.

Lilbird - thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! I feel so relieved I can't tell you. I just have this gut feeling that there is too much going on for me at the moment to be able to make a success of IVF. Your article mentions Dr's name at Genea who weirdly enough was my FS a short time ago and i actually asked him this very question but at the time he recommended the opposite i.e. not to freeze. I guess science is constantly evolving.

Micca - how are you going? I remember how hard it was for me to get closure and yet it was a relief. I hope you are looking after yourself. sending you lots of hugs.

Leannep - Thank you for sharing your "frozen success story! It is definitely the way for me. I am happy to do it together and kind of relieved that I am not the only one out there who found the meds so hard to take. Hope you are doing well as you try to keep your "sanity" (we all know what that feels like)?

Sunny15 - good on you for doing what was the right thing for YOU! One step at a time x

12. The Following User Says Thank You to wanabemum For This Useful Post:

Fortitude  (09-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wannabemum & Sunny - I can relate, my DH didn't & and still doesn't get my moods even after you try and explain the effort us women put in to try & get them/me a bubby. Injections, meds, reactions, emotions etc etc etc...all the DH has to do is lay off drinking for a week before sperm deposit, read a mag to deposit, then it's back to life as normal grrr, while we continue with the rest!

Fort- sorry mate I can relate, I went through the waiting praying HCG game, not bloody fair!

Well we did the nature cycle this month, now TWW (yes i am dreaming) I don't think egg released cause of a few reasons, but always got to try between treatments! meantime, I got FS Monday to set up for next IVF cycle, joy!
    another girl in my MG is pregnant, that's 4 out of 8.
    Only mental down side at the moment is when I look in the mirror, I bloody need to cover my grays and buy some acne cream, WTF!...and a wax job on my chin, turning into a man!
    Last edited by Anxious; 09-06-2012 at 08:42.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anxious For This Useful Post:

Fortitude  (09-06-2012),wanabemum  (10-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fort have I missed a post how you going do you have more results?? So sorry if I have missed one but I have been thinking of you xx

Hi everyone I'm just waiting to collect the lovely dhea(gotta love the side effects lol) other than that getting ready to head off for my island holiday on Friday yahoo!!!