ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 70 of 116 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Fortitude- my embies always looked great at day 2-3 but the one time they were taken to day 5 that looked cr@p and showed their age. My sense of smell was fairly acute in early pregnancy so probably progesterone adds to this. Not long now for you til BT. Will you POAS before or just wait for results

Sunny- the book by Alan Beer is " is your body baby friendly". It outlines autoimmune issues and the treatment for each. Just google Alan beer ivf book. I think she got it from overseas. When are you looking at cycling again?

Micca- I understand about the no pay. I had only been in this job since November last year so only 4 days sick leave. I ended up leaving work 5 weeks earlier so 4 extra weeks without pay. Cheaper being in hospital but bills still come in

Afm- scan delayed til Monday as can get false loss if weight if too close to previous scan. Good news as buys bubs few more days if not putting on enough weight. Will try to delay things til Thursday if they want to do anything as then 30 weeks which sounds much better to me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quick update:
    On Wednesday before the embyro transfer we were told that 2 of our day 3 embryos had not continued and that the remaining 3 blasts were immature and unlikely to continue enough to freeze. But they would keep them going a few days and 'see'. Clinic called: one Blasty grew big enough and is now in the freezer!! I sure was surprised, but pleased. Sneaky little blasty!

Ohhh lordy... I have gastro. Bad timing huh?
    Last edited by Fortitude; 26-05-2012 at 13:23. Reason: Added question about Crinone

Thanks
    Reviews
    wanabub.... so glad that the twins are staying put for the time being..lets hope they are growing for you... and 30weeks is a fabulous milestone... lets hope that you can get to 32weeks... hang in there in hospital I hope that the food and noise are not driving you nuts...
    good luck for your scan be it monday or thursday

fortitude... hang in there...glad you got a frosties..woohoo...
    bummer on the gastro... just drink heaps... I had strep throat during my 2ww... so it did not stop my little embie implanting.

well AF has finally shown her face... I can now move forward and stop all the worrying about what if I needed a D&C etc... so I guess its a miscarrage at 7 weeks... sigh..
    but Im now on my health kick.. I cleaned out the pantry today and my freezer of a lot of unhealthy crap food... Ill make a shopping list shortly.. planning to eat lots of veges... bought a fertility diet book... and loaded up the vitamin box... so now I just have to loose about 6kg and then I will be healthy... 3 months to do it.. 2kg a month...think I could cope with that... if some chocolate does not get in the way... and funnily enought I dont usually eat chocolate at all... not a great fan of it...I think my biggest thing as been eating white bread again and the old oven fries...lol... so they are definately off the menu... except as a special treat only.
    so now to resume my health and vitality and start exercising again..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Micca- great that AF showed up- sad she did though (if you know what I mean?) Health kick, seriously great idea. I need to be more mondful too. Pasta has been creeping onto my menu too often (and onto my butt). Those McCains low fat fries are meant to be OK every now and then (no a chip fan myself). I have been making a huge pot of veggie soup and having that for lunch with a slice of mulitgrain bread. Good winter food for sure.

How are the rest of you?

AFM gastro gone (thank god) and just worn out. Hard to know if cramps are gastro, implantation, progesterone or AF mumbling. This 2ww sucks. I worked out AF could potentially show any time from Tuesday- more likely Friday. But BT is Saturday. So maybe by Sat the 2ww outcome will be a done deal anyway. Hating how the progesterone makes you feel pregnant- sore nips, nausea, sense of smell, taste gone made, tired as anything- cause it is a mean trick for women wanting to hope they are signs they are UTD.

Thanks
    Reviews
    fortitude... those symptoms sound more like you are preggers than anything...
    progesterone generally only gives you abdo cramps, boobs tender and maybe a bit yuk.... but all the other symptoms you have sound really positive... you had better get a supply of first response tests and start testing monday or tues..loll.. or around 7days post transfer..

6. The Following User Says Thank You to micca For This Useful Post:

Fortitude  (27-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Micca- Fingers crossed. I am scared to test too soon- ET was Wed, so you reckon 7days before I could test? I don't really want a false negative and end up feeling shattered.
    Last edited by Fortitude; 27-05-2012 at 15:05.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fortitude.....about weds will be about right... 12dpo.. (12 days post ovulation-eggpick up) if you use a first response...they seem to be the best and most sensitive... but be aware for some ladies they dont get a positive until 13-14dpo

9. The Following User Says Thank You to micca For This Useful Post:

Fortitude  (27-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wondering- how many of your friends know you're trying for a baby as an over 40? I assume those already with a tot might know they are trying again?
    None of mine do. I really don't know how I will tell any of them if I am pregnant. They all think we are 'lucky to be over all that' and I am included in the 'we'. I know I will wait until after the genetic testing at the least. Part of me thinks I won't say anything until they ask... LOL I assume at some point it will become obvious. I am unsure how they will all react to be honest.
    What reactions have people had to being a 40+ IVFer &/or mum?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All!

Forgive me for not corresponding sooner, it has been a very hectic few months! My Gran had not been well (old age) and passed away 5 weeks ago. Trying to get life back on track and comforting my dad and family.

Well an update on the IVF Cycle. I had an egg retrieval this month and was once again over stimulated and had 19 eggs retrieved! When collecting my meds this cycle I reminded them that last time the dose was too high and I suffered hyper stimulation and to keep in mind not to do it to me again this time. We they did it to me again!

On the day of the egg retrieval everything went well and I felt good after the procedure and not too sore. Well when I went home from the hospital, had a shower and a sleep I woke later that day in pain and was quite blotted. It was very uncomfortable and very painful!

My fresh transfer was on day 4 and I had 2 embryos transferred and was told the embryos looked really good and the Dr said I should get a pregnancy from one of the embryos from this cycle! I said she has a lot of faith and I would not get my hopes up as there is no guarantee and only a 15% chance on a pregnancy.

Because of the over stimulations, I now need to bed rest and drink lots of water 2.5 ltr a day! Peeing like a sieve and it feels like I need to go every five minutes to the toilet. The Dr said that if I was to fall pregnant the blotting would get worse and that I need to be aware of my belly swelling and blood clots my happen and form in the back of my legs. My transfer was a week ago and I went for my check up on Friday, the blotting seems to be going down so I made a comment to the Dr and said "the blotting seems to be going down so I am probably not pregnant" she replied not to jump to conclusions! So what do you do, they say if I am pregnant the blotting will get worse, but for me it seems to be getting better! I felt really down last night and had a bit of a breakdown with my DH, he said not to give up and to keep positive, it is still to early to know. I am trying to keep my chin up through the tww but it is hard as you all would know, you just don't know what is going on in there and wish that you did.

This will be a last attempt at IVF, DH says this will be the last try, so from this cycle they retrieved 19 eggs, 14 fertilised, 8 grew well to day 4, 2 transferred, 4 frozen.

I wish everyone well and happiness,
    have a wonderful day!

Zannah

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Zannah
    I am trying to keep my chin up through the tww but it is hard as you all would know, you just don't know what is going on in there and wish that you did.

I find myself touching my belly and wondering "did you make it?". As for peeing like a sieve... excuse me I must run to the loo again BRB... LOL

Sorry to hear about your Gran, I am sure it makes you appreciate the gift of life even more.

Can I ask? How have you come to the decision to make this the last try? What lets you know you can't try again? I am wondering this, as this is my first cycle and I keep thinking if it doesn't work how will I know when enough is enough?

Everyone one else. Hope you are all well. xoxox
    Last edited by Fortitude; 28-05-2012 at 08:57.