ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 116 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    wannbub...congrats on a BFP !!! how many days were you??? often the bleeding can be related to implantation and since you are on clexaine and aspirin this will be probably worse than you would normally expect and it will be essentially ok..the red to brown is a ok sign.if you are worried take the rest of the week off and stay on the couch (I would you have invested a lot of $$) I would increase the progesterone support... as this is the endometrium stabiliser. when is your Beta????

lilwish.
    .... so glad that you are on the cycle now... not long until that scan...lets hope that everything looks good

lilbirdy...hang in there keep away from those evil POAS sticks... you can hang in there for another 6days.....go christmas shopping this weekend... eat too much, see a movie...

leanne.
    .. I hope it is not too early...sounds like you have gotten off the train and are sitting in loopyloo central..lol..

goodluck to everyone..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Leannep- good luck with your BT today. Fingers crossed for BFP

Micca- I was 7 days post transfer 2 blasts when bleeding started. No loss today so far so probably was related to implantation. I am on progesterone IM so P4 levels will be fine. My beta is on Friday and next Tuesday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    All the best for today, Leenne, everything is crossed.

I am trying to get an appointment with an endocrinologist here in Sydney, am throwing it all out there (even though I don't know result of this transfer yet).

I realised I have never had an AMH test, nor have I had a glucose tolerance test. Does anyone think it's worth having the AMH test now after 5 stim cycles ? Just wondering what it's going to tell me ? I am wondering whether my polycystic ovaries might contribute to the m/c in terms of insulin resistance. Does anyone know if the GP can test for this & prescribe metformin if needed ??

Thanks ladies.

big edit ... after posting this, I had a crazy notion to go to the chemist near work & do a digital HPT. It came "pregnant 1-2". In disbelief right now.
    Last edited by lilbirdy; 01-12-2011 at 13:47.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lilbirdy that's fantastic news congraulations xxx

Afm I'm sitting in the shopping centre car park in tear I just had the call and I knew it was going to be negative but then had a conversation with my nurse that it's due to my weight that it's not working and that it won't basically until I loose a lot of weight!! Great when you have just had crappy news!! I had said that I was looking at getting a second opinion as I didn't feel that we had done everything possible!! I now can't stop the tears as my whole life I have battled my weight and it's not easy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh, frack Leanne I am so sorry.

I guess it's like a double whack to you when you get the BFN call & then the news that in the nurse's opinion it's going to be more of a struggle with weight. Try to take some deep breaths and don't let it all overwhelm you at once, although I know that's easier said than done.

I am not sure how her comments are reconciled with the fact that you have actually had a BFP but another opinion could be a good idea.

Take care of yourself sweetheart.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lilbirdy- huge congratulations on your BFP. That's fantastic with your BT still a week away.

Leannep- so sorry your result was a negative then to have that b!tch say something about weight. I agree with lilbirdy that you have had both Chem and positive result so can't be weight. Also of weight was major factor then only skinny people would ever get pregnant and there are many people out there conceiving that are not overly skinny. I have also battled with weight my entire life and finally had surgery 4 years ago but still am 85 kg at 163 cm tall. I sat get second opinion of FS who is supportive and willing to try everything

Thanks
    Reviews
    lilbirdy....congrats on the bfp...woohoo.... see booking with another clinic always works in the 2ww...lol..... so now you have the wait for your beta... Id buy some nice 2 line Preg tests so you can keep them in the baby book !!!
    hmm your glucose tolerance test might be in 23weeks....
    I thought about AMH... but really will it change anything...at 43 my reserve is going to be not so good...and having that number will make no difference to my cycle protocols and it just clouds the issue... if I was 30-35 then I think it is probably a good idea...as if it comes back low then it would certainly change management. To get a real idea is how you respond to FSH... if you produce lots of eggs at reasonably low doses then your AMH is probably not too bad..low but not too bad...

wannbub..glad to hear that the bleeding settled... so we are in the wait for your beta and uss...oooh its going to be a long and tortuous wait for us all...

leanne...again Im so sorry about the bfn... and as I said on the singles thread it is the most inappropriate and unprofesssional comment especially when studies show that weight makes no difference with women during ivf...

quiet day again...suffered through work this week with high temps... sinsusitis is really really knocking me around... so not happy..as we are in week 3.. on different antibiotics now and hoping they cure it... cant afford another weekend of getting nothing done...everything if feral...and the house so needs a clean..I think it is beginning to get an odour..lol. my sheets are pretty manky as well..thanks to DD... tomorrow tomorrow... always tomorrow...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Leanne, I'm so sorry to hear of bfp and then horrible comments from nurse... definitely get 2nd opinion. I keep seeing overweight women pushing prams and thinking 'well it mustn't make that much difference!' I find it impossible to lose weight whilst cycling cos the hormones keep making me gain weight! I've piled it on! Try to stay positive and go and get that 2nd opinion. In the meantime, spoil yourself with a massage or something

Lilbirdy, congrats on bfp . Hope this one sticks for you

Wannab, congrats on yr bfp too . Glad the bleeding has stopped. It always freaks me out.

Micca, I hope the sinisitis clears up soon. I've been having trouble too - I feel like I'm tired all the time but it's just that my face is heavy and my eyes want to close cos of sinuses. Do you have an infection tho, with the fevers? If so, you should be off work, shouldn't you? When I had bad sinus infection, I had to move in with mum and take 4 days off in bed. Hope you feel better soon

AFM, still popping pills happily... easiest cycle ever!

Thanks
    Reviews
    lilwish.... so glad that the pill popping is going so well and you have no side effects...always makes for a good cycle.

lilbirdy... how was your POAS this am??? lol... I realise I forgot to answer your question... yes your GP can order the AMH..it costs $65 out of pocket not medicare rebatable. The metformin definately is a must with PCOS.. not high doses around 500mg morning and night and it makes a huge difference with egg quality..which is the biggest problem with PCOS.

my sinusitis is bacterial.. and yep I probably should have been home sick but went to work... I do not get sick pay so no work no pay... and with being away for the cycle my earnings this month are nada..so need some $$..so I have struggled through... but Im feeling a little better today... the new antibiotics seem to be working...as I have not got a fever and the nose blowing is decreased.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh micca, that sucks with no sick pay & sucks that you're still struggling !! I hope you get better soon and the ABs kick in quickly.

haha, faint line on a FR HPT this morning !

You're right about the AMH, doesn't really make any difference now that I've had 5 cycles, I kind of know what's there.

I'm just a bit perplexed about the PCOS v PCO - never had any 'traditional' PCOS symptoms but certainly have alot of follies. I'm not sure if there's anything I can do now if this BFP keeps progressing in terms of luteal phase support but am going to GP this afternoon so will ask for a couple of ideas, and definitley get the insulin resistance looked at anyway.