Closed Thread
Page 52 of 116 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Love the pickle story- Sad/cute!!!
    I am a crying mess struggling with my other surgery stuff- maybe DH won't notice.

Luckily, due to the other surgery DH has 'sadly' had to take temporary management of Hotel Mummy. Maybe not quite to my standards, but I have clean clothes and am eating- so all is good.

Only our parents know, so maybe other people will put it down to my other injury. At this age, with older chn they probably don't have IVF on their radars for me- might just miss their notice.

Fortitude

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Leannep View Post
    Hi everyone
    Hello!!!

So excited, I have my first clinic tomorrow!!!
    Get all my DRUGS! Yeah for drugs.
    Only super weird thing is AF... she is late, late, late VERY LATE! a week later than my longest cycle. So late that I made a joke to my DH about imagine if I was UTD naturally. Nah, couldn't happen, tubes are not attached.
    Come on AF I have drugs to start! Maybe that is why AF is so late, I was stressing about missing this month of IVF as she was due last week and all my appointments are this week.

WBU Leanne? How you coping? eating any more twisties? did you decide on that haircut?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fortitude - How exciting, you are all ready to start. Damn AF for not playing the game...it is amazing how often she plays tricks when we want her to show up. You may need to do a little AF dance!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunny15 View Post
    Fortitude - How exciting, you are all ready to start. Damn AF for not playing the game...it is amazing how often she plays tricks when we want her to show up. You may need to do a little AF dance!!!
    Pretty much doing star jumps... come on AF get with the program. You are a week late, time to get moving now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmm don't know what happened to my earlier post only the first line came up???

Fortitude yahoo for the drugs now all you need is af to arrive how exciting what are you doing for your cycle??

Afm well I changed my hair colour today which I love but I will wait till the morning to see if I still love it??? I'm off the crap food I only allowed myself the weekend and way too much wine it was great
    my fs called today and he has a few options for me but said we will discuss it on Tuesday so I'm excited(but hesitant at the same time) something's gotta change soon and it's my turn I need to put some serious effort into loosing some weight before the next cycle to the last two cycles have killed me

Hello everyone how are you all going???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Leannep View Post
    My fs called today and he has a few options for me but said we will discuss it on Tuesday so I'm excited(but hesitant at the same time)
    Hey Leanne, I wonder what options he will suggest? At least he is think of you and coming up with options.
    I am on a health kick ATM too- made a huge pot of veggie soup for lunches- can't beat that in cold weather.

AFM had my clinic appointment. As soon as AF shows up I am ready. They give me the drugs on the day of AF, and I go for a BT that morning. They mentioned Gonal F? that make sense?, then an antagonist, followed by progesterone (apparently which progesterone will depend on how the rest goes). I am excited, but keep thinking "wow, that is ALOT of money, and it will probably fail and we will have to keep paying". It is so expensive, I feel a bit guilty to want this so much cause it is so much money. One surprise I got was I hadn't realised they like a month between stim cycles- makes me more anxious about time than ever. Hope I get a frosty now.

Anyway... off to do the AF dance. Come one AF. Where are you?

Micca how are you going?

Sunny?
    Lilwish?
    Lilibird?
    Wannabe?
    DJ?
    Anyone I missed??

Fortitude

Thanks
    Reviews
    Leannep - Sounds like you have a good FS...he/she has that extra touch for ringing you. We only have 6 more sleeps until our appointments...yay.

Fortitude - Gonal F is an FSH stimulator, so it will stimulate follicle growth. I am not 100% sure, but you may then go onto something like Orgalutran, which is an LH suppressant, which means it stops you from ovulating naturally. Then you will be given a timed 'trigger' (pregnyl), which ?matures the follicles/eggs in time for EPU. Progesterone is what is produced naturally by a follicle that has ovulated or released an egg...the follicle collapses and it is called a Corpus Luteum. Progesterone is needed to support a pregnancy. Thats it very basically if you are on an antagonist cycle....I think....help me anyone if I have it wrong!!! I have only had progesterone support in the form of pessaries....that will be an eye opener for you!!! I would much rather injections any day over pessaries!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fortitude - I forgot to mention that it appears that most clinics prefer a month off in between cycles...I think it is to give the body a break from all the stimulating drugs and allow your body to recover. I have also heard that Medicare will not rebate with back to back cycles...I have no personal experience with this, only read a post on Bubhub quite sometime ago.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sunny That sounds exactly like what was explained. For part of the cycle I will be on 3 needles a day because I am already on a clexane needle. The clinic nurse showed us the pessaries -looks like those nasty thrush ones. NICE! Why would one be chosen over the other? Still waiting for AF to make her debut.

What I am trying to reconcile is the cost vs the failure rate.... ahhh this IVF is tough stuff. Such risk vs such reward.

Fortitude