ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 51 of 116 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    leanne....lol.. on the twisties... I actually picked up a packet at the supermarket for my planned pity party in 10 days...lol.. and I never eat twisties...lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh man Leeanne! That really is ^%$P. I really feel for you and admire you. You have a goal and are doing whatever you can to reach your dream. Surely life will make your dream come true? If effort made babies we'd all be pregnant very quickly. But alas IVF is the reality. Wow, reading about all that stuff Micca said to you... I realise I have NO clue. I am green... VERY GREEN at this. I do know that clexane can help in some circumstances to do with mc- but I only know that because I am on it and read about it. (Luckily my clot has now gone.)
    My message to you Leanne:
    Leanne YOU are one very brave woman. A child would be extremely lucky to have a mother who cared about having them so much that she endured years of disappointment and the rollercoaster of IVF just to have them. Your qualities would make you a great mum- patience, peserverence, adaptability and sheer will. WHEN this baby finally sticks and makes it into your arms s/he will be starting life with the ideal sort of mother -one who never gave up hope for them.
    I hope that your dreams come true and that all the tears you have cried will become tears of joy. xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Micca- thinking of your 3... sending late bloomer vibes that they might suddenly kick along. Hope you don't have to eat those twisties.

AFM (((some ramblings about Planning IVF))) I think as older women we do have additional stress to face with IVF. Younger women may be able to take a 6 month break with less echo of that damn clock ticking. I know as a recently 41yo I look at the stats and YES they depress the hell out of me. I wonder how I will cope if I get repeated BFNs/ MC. Especially strange new territory for me as a previously mega fertile woman. Yet the desire for a baby is extremely high- so I hope it keeps me motivated. I have worked out 'plans' in my mind- what I haven't worked out is a timeframe: (A) IVF with MY eggs, (B) IVF donor eggs (if I can work out how to get them...), (C) overseas adoption- apparently so long as you are under 50, (D) long term fostering. Naturally IVF all our own genetics is my #1 choice, but I have to have 'plan B', 'plan C' and 'plan D' to even start plan A.

I sort of figure I will put a set time into trying plan A, then using my FS as a guide revert to plan B. If that fails, plan C... then maybe D (if my mental state can take it).

Do others have "plan B"? ... C, D, E, F.... hee hee hee 'plan alphabet'?

I have started comfort eating a little -just annoyed that AF is due in town before my FS appointment. That has really annoyed me- I will probably have to wait yet another month. This month my cycle is out... currently late. Probably stress.

Yours in hope,
    Fortitude

PS Just looked up CCRM site... how the hell do they get stats so high???? 48.7%??
    Last edited by Fortitude; 28-04-2012 at 09:49. Reason: Added a PS

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all
    It's been a while since I popped in

Micca- good luck with this cycle. Hopefully you won't be going skiing due to bubs on board.

Sunny- so sorry you got bfn. You asked what I used to get BFP and first donor cycle used nothing but elevit but no hb. Second cycle used b12 injection 2 weeks before transfer, b6, megafol, berocca, calcium+vit d, aspirin and prednisolone 15 mg from cd1. I also used clexane from 5 days pre transfer. All these were added extras as had had BT post miscarriage but wouldn't get results til a week after transfer. Ended up only had mild mthfr?
    The clinic used progesterone injections from " ovulation " And progynova from cd3 ish starting 1 day ending up on 4 day. I used synarel to suppress first cycle and Lucrin second cycle only cause I had nearly full vial left.
    I hope you get BFP with next cycle hon

Fortitude- I started ivf when 41 and my attitude with counsellor was if it works it works, if not I have tried. I would not look back in 10 years with regret. As time went on without result I was more determined to keep going- was probably naive and didn't think it wouldn't work for me. Heard great things about Wazza in qld so flew up for consult. He was the first to mention donor eggs so that became plan b. After 6 stim cycles and 2 fet cycles joined egg donor website looking for aussie donor as well as clinic list then organized overseas donor cycle in cape town. Whilst waiting still did fet with own embies without much hope.
    I understand having the alphabet plan in place. Good luck with your upcoming first cycle. Like you I hate delays so understand and hope AF is delayed further for you

Leannep- so sorry hon that you got bfn too. What is your next plan?

Hi to everyone else- on phone and can't check back

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

Leannep, I'm so sorry for yr BFN. I totally know your frustration. I also always resort to Twisties (cheese of course) for comfort and support - I think they do work... DH always has to bring them to hosp after EPU for me too . enjoy them! I'm also with you on the clock ticking thing... have managed to put it away for a little while recently, although it does pop back to haunt me now & then.

DJ, I'm so sorry for your mc & D&C. Are you having chromo testing on the foetus? I was going to but passed it before I got to the surgery so nothing to test... very frustrating, as I feel it would confirm our suspicions. I suggest you stock up on Twisties too, or do whatever makes you feel good. A massage (after the bleeding stops) would be perfect. I'm thinking of you

Micca, let's hope your attitude that this won't work will be the reverse psych needed to make it work . They have a better chance of growing inside, so hopefully one of them pulls thru and gets stronger

Lilbirdy, so nice to hear from you - how far along are you now?

fortitude, As the others have said, very normal for FS to only want to tsfr 1 on 1st go... I'd be a bit worried if he did more 1st go really. You'll be so informed by the time you have yr cycle... I had no idea - just went in blindly, trusting FS. Not sure what's better .

Sunny, nice to see yr enjoying normality again.

AFM, still on a break as my acup still o/s. Started doing moxa again today, as per acup instructions, preparing myself for another cycle in a few wk's time I guess. Acup back on 12/5, hopefully in time for AF so we can have another (last) go, this time with the extra med support once I get BFP, thanks to obs suggestions.
    I mentioned last time that I needed to see an endochronologist (deals with hormone issues) due to my prolactin levels being high again... meds just not keeping levels down. There was a cancellation to I was lucky enough to get in on Thurs instead of long wait. I thought high levels could cause mc so thought maybe this is my issue... however endo said high prolactin won't cause mc - just may affect ovulation, which I don't think is my prob esp since ivf & iui control ovul. So after $250 and new meds, I still have no answers... seems I have 'unexplained' prolactin as well as 'unexplained' infertility... yay me! . Apparently if I wasn't trying to get preg I wouldn't have to worry about prolactin anyway.
    Anyway, have been enjoying my break, although still very aware of ticking clock... and I've started to think more about life without kids not being so bad afterall - we'd have some gr8 holidays ever year, and our leisurely weekend mornings would continue I know it's not what I really want deep down, but I think I need to be in this headspace to accept that it is prob the reality.

Thanks
    Reviews
    fortitude.... great that you have some plans in place .... IVF is certainly a very emotionally hard road... once you get that first cycle out of the way your learning curve is just massive and you will be surprised at how much it all makes sense and of course you will have a entire new lot of questions...

Lilwish.... so wonderful that you are going to have another go Im so proud of you.... I have no idea how you feel about donor eggs but certainly if your want for a child is great then they certainly work with a high sucess rate... I hope that this last cycle is your time... big hugs..

wannabub..... great to hear from you.... how long to you have to go until the twins are born...must be any day now....

leanne... I hope that you had a nice weekend of pampering eating junk food and twisties... (I ate a packet today...lol.) I hope that you are able to find your mojo again sooner rather than later....

DJ... How was your weekend..??

so Im back at home now...aaaaaaaah home sweet home... I was just away too long and my mother unfortunately made my blood boil a lot and was often more of a hindrance rather help.... so I am finding my calming zen again... did a big shop at the supermarket and a packet of twisties somehow found its way into the trolley... and then into my mouth at home... while they tasted great ..they sure made me feel yukky afterwards... so Im just about to head to bed... still just getting on with life and treating cycle like a failure... wish though that the oral progynova/progesterone did not make me feel so bad... Ive dropped the dose a bit as my FS is a bit generous... was supposed to be on 8 day ..but am taking 4-5day... will start decreasing it a bit more end of this week too so I can stop them asap and feel normal again...

Anyway cant keep my eyes open...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Micca- seems like a long time but only 25+4 weeks. I've said their lease expires at 36 weeks so just over 10 to go hopefully. Funny how those things end up in trolleys then mouth. For me it is salt and vinegar chips- yum

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good afternoon ladies!
    Had my FS appointment this morning. Came away feeling very mixed.
    The bad: as my AHA levels are lower I have been told to expect lower egg #s. What Micca describes as her 'worst cycle ever' is probably my baseline... 4-5 is what I am to expect. Apparently I will be lucky to get 1 to freeze. So feeling bit &%*# about that. But trying to focus on the fact it only takes one.
    The good: I am starting any time now. AF still hasn't shown up (little slacker is 4 days late- but yeah no I couldn't be naturally UTD as my tubes are tied). So even if it shows now tomorrow is day 1, my clinic appointment is Wednesday and FS said I could start Day 2 if I have to. YEAH!!!!!!!!!! So happy.

FS seems fairly confident that I will achieve my goal, despite my lower AHA. The confidence is due to the fact that I have been previously very fertile. I will trust her confidence.
    Asked about embryo transfer #s. With stim cycle say we get at least 2 viable, one will go in for transfer, one (or more) will freeze. If only one is viable, then next cycle is stim again. I asked what time line would I expect before 2 would be transferred and naturally the answer was 'wait and see'. I also asked about donor eggs, and was told "you're still young, you're 41" and not to jump there just yet- I felt good about that.

Now thinking about how to control my hormonal self- from what I have read the hormones can be rather a rollercoaster of emotions.

Wish me luck!

How are you all going???
    Micca... wonder when I will be off hunting for twisties... I am into those "delites" salt and vinegar or sweet chilli YUMMY.

Fortitude

Thanks
    Reviews
    Djshears –seriously….you are such a strong woman to be dealing with what you are/have. Im so glad you are starting to feel ‘ok’. Im hearing ya about 2 donor eggs/embryos left….Im in the same boat. Even though I cant wait to cycle again, Im really nervous about using even 1 of the precious little things…donor eggs are not easy to come by. I am already starting to think about overseas donors. Thinking of you….spoil yourself.

Leannep – Im so sorry this has happened to you hon. Darn darn darn. How are you feeling after the weekend? Your FS sounds very proactive….we both have our appointments on the 8th.

Micca – how are you going? Over your jet lag??!! Shooting up in airport toilets again??!!

Wannabb –thanks for the information…one day I might hit you up about your South Africa experience! Funny…evicting your womb tenants!!

Lilwish –Good to see you are back in the saddle again. Geez, your head must be spinning with all that information. Does your FS have a protocol for you or do you still need to discuss that?

Fortitude– Wow, how lucky are you….its not often that us mature ladies will hear “you’re still young, you’re 41”….most will have the face of doom and say the bleeding obvious about old eggs! Yes, it is good to have plan a, b, c etc. I started this journey at the age of 44 and new that I would most likely be looking at donor eggs. I thought that I would do anything and everything with my own body first, then I could always say that I left no stone unturned. Once I was finished with my own body, I knew that donor was my next port of call. I was getting ready to cycle just one more time with a new FS, the guru in Brisbane, the same FS as Micca…in fact, we missed each other by a week at our initial consultation last year. Sorry, I digress….out of nowhere, this opportunity with donor eggs popped up and after discussions with the guru, he talked me into going with the donor eggs and if it didn’t work out, then I could give it a go with him. But financially, I have to go with the best odds and that is donor eggs…so I have already started looking into donor programs in the US and South Africa. After that, it might be surrogacy, who knows!!!

AFM
    Twisties and chips are all good….BUT my favourite would have to be cheese, bickies and red wine!!
    Last edited by Sunny15; 30-04-2012 at 18:48.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Sunny. It was good to hear I am still young- made my day actually. You sound like you have faith and plans- great combo. I am scared as anything to finally start this, but have confidence in my FS. Oh, and yes biccies, cheese and wine especially yummy. Shame I am couldn't have wine this year.

So ladies- any tips for coping with the hormone flux? I hate the idea of being a total B for months on end.

Fortitude

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fortitude - Just know that hormones or the emotions that go with it can hit you anywhere and anytime...take every day as it comes and recognise that if you experience being 'emotional', including 'cranky', it is only temporary and will pass. I have definately had my moments, however, having said that, my b*tchiness came out whilst on DHEA. I havent really experienced anything really bad whilst cycling...although, I do remember in between EPU and ET of my very first IVF cycle, I thought I was doing really well and I was one IVF warrior woman and then I couldnt get the lid off a pickle jar and low and behold, I was one big blubbering mess. DP had his arm around me, and saying "whats wrong honey" and through gasping, I managed to get out about the lid....we couldnt help but laugh ourselves silly!!!

If it happens to you, just warn the people around you (those that know anyway)....Oh and tell DH that it is a given that he must do the shopping, ironing, cooking etc etc..