Closed Thread
Page 41 of 116 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    So I have good days and bad days in my 2WW....some days I am absolutely convinced that I am pregnant and other days I am absolutely convinced that it hasnt worked. I was so convinced that I was going to see 2 pink lines on Thursday arvo (knowing that it was probably still too early, but I did it anyway), so I POAS and of course it was negative!

I have definately been feeling...'different' from my other cycles...over the last couple of days, BUT as you all know, all the early pregnancy symptons are exactly the same as estrogen/progesterone side effects and Im either swallowing or inserting a plethora of hormones!!!

Im tired, very irritable and moody (DP is lucky he is working away this week!), emotional, AF aches and pains, back aches, headaches....all my PMS symptons. I am also hot frequently, heat just comes over me...but I live in Cairns, why wouldnt I be!!! and...the thrush is still there....not worse but not better.

I have never gone through a 2WW like this previously and I guess it is because with donor eggs, there is more pressure for it to work.

DP doesnt want me to do a POAS tomorrow, he wants me "to do it by the book" and wait until BT on Tuesday. Not sure whether I can do that, might have to sneak one!

How is everyone going?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I Everyone,

Sunny15- thank you for your message I appreciate it.

My history, laporoscopy in 2005 - mild endo.

4 x stim cycles with a few fet- BFP on third cycle ended in ectopic lost left tube. Then finally gor my DD on 4th attempt. Now 3 years later would like baby 2, but financially can't afford acupuncture and naturopath that I did when I got my last BFP, so I am going to try and buy my own herbs etc. Thank you for your input. Oh forgot to mention I also have proctitus that I developed in 2010. I have just completed another stim cycle now, currently a fail as have a very very af now as I type, and of course disappointed. But I'm now thinking my ivf doc should have done a lap on me incase my endo is back?

Thanks
    Reviews
    sparkle... Ill put in my list of vitamins... they are all designed to provide the eggs with an optimal growing environment and good blood flow to the uterus and ovaries. As sunny said some you may be able to take and others not...

Here is my daily list... and I really rattle..lol..
    Vit E 1000iu morning
    Vit C 1000mg morning
    Vit d 1000iu morning.... linked to poor implantation (evidence scientific)
    ifolic... blackmores (iodine+folic) most Aus women are low in iodine,
    evening promrose oil 2g morning and night
    fish oil.. 2g morning and night
    coQ10 150mg morning and night (150 may be enough for you)
    ubiquinol 100mg lunch ( pure form Q10)
    DHEA 50mg (I took 75 but my hair started falling out in clumps) do not take if you have PCOS
    inositol (vit B group) 3g a day
    spiralina.. 2 tabs morning and night
    magnesium 500mg morning and night
    zinc 50mg day
    melatonin 3mg night
    ferrograd.. 3 x week
    brazil nuts x 2 a day (my fathers doing aparently high in selenium)
    handful gojo berries daily (I used dried ones and put in my cereal)
    berroca a day ( FS likes)
    B12 1000mg injection every month while cycling (can buy over the counter)
    l-arginine.. but beware if you get cold sores it can aggrevate them..can be countered with taking lysiene.
    royal jelly..beware if you have a bee allergy.. I originally took it.. but stopped as I do have a bee allergy and was worried about reactions.

So thats my list...
    oh and for the luteal phase...
    Deer velvet.. (I got mine from NZ online) 500mg daily
    chinese sticky herb mix.

after EPU I stop... melatonin, DHEA (wean down slowly) coq10 (wean slowly) vit E, evening primrose oil, royal jelly, inositol.

I hope this helps...
    also diet.. I try to eat organic when I can, and try to avoid as much refined white flour products as I can ( bread, pasty cakes etc) and have a protein rich diet... of course easter..well..maybe its a chocolate rich diet..lol..

PM or ask me anything...
    I bought most of my vitamins online from the usa..they are very very cheap.. but do take about 3 weeks to arrive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sunny... did you sneak a POAS????
    Im so excited for you.... Im holding my breath... in one way I seemed to have my blood tests on mondays... and always POASed on a sunday..that way I had the day to cry if a bfn or sit and stare at the 2 lines if a bfp.. rather than get results during a work day...
    my fingers and so crosed ...and my eyes, legs, toes,everything...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Micca - no, didnt do POAS this morning and now I fear that I have over-analysed doing such a simple thing....but of course its not simple is it....as you say, the result will produce tears...either out of joy or great sadness....hence Im now scared!

I usually POAS...more so to soften the blow from the blood test phone call. BUT I have DP's words ringing in my ears and now my overactive imagination has justified not POAS as something different this cycle, seeing as though I already 'feel' different with this cycle....superstitious....I should be more practical, but we all know IVFers will do things they dont normally do!!!

Blood test is on Tuesday (a work day), so it would be practical to test prior...so I will pull myself together and be an adult and test!!!

You must be getting close to cycling?

Thanks
    Reviews
    POAS was negative this morning...not even a faint second line. GUTTED.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunny15 View Post
    POAS was negative this morning...not even a faint second line. GUTTED.
    nothing to say except.....F>ck a duck... $%^#@ bugger bugger bugger
    I really thought this was the one.. huge hugs... it will be interesting to see what the blood test is... note if I POASed on day 15 it would have been negative...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Micca - cried my eyes out this morning but pulled it together for work, albeit on auto pilot all day.

I even had a 'real' coffee this morning....I must admit, I had your BFP in mind, when you thought all was lost and you had a real coffee.

Today I am 14dpo3dt.....I could hope for a late implanter.

Strange thing is and call it womens intuition, sixth sense or wishful thinking, I still feel something is different and that something just might be our dream....I still had light AF aches and pains and backache for most of the day. Then, as if the body and mind go into protection mode, I virtually had to bribe myself to continue with the pessaries and meds.

To use a well worn phrase on this forum....its not over til the fat lady sings, but she sure is warming up!!!

Been thinking about my followup appointment with FS, in particular, the tactic I will take.....stay tuned, would love some feedback!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I have had 5 out of 5 failed implantations - 4 with my own eggs and 1 with a donor. The 4 from my own eggs can be explained away as not working due to old eggs, but the same cannot be said for the failed donor cycle.

2 of those failed implantations were FETs - again 1 with my eggs and 1 with donor. The only difference between both of the cycle protocols was the endometrial biopsy, scratch and lipoidol flush with this recent donor cycle. All meds pre and post ET were exactly the same in both FETs.

What is FS prepared to do different for my next donor FET (only 2 embryos left)...he will probably answer with 1 embryo goes back in with Assisted Hatching or both embryos go back in at once without Assisted Hatching. Happy with either of those, however, I do not want to do another FET with exactly the same supporting meds pre and post transfer, including luteal phase support. FS will not go for a stim medicated FET, as he believes there is less success with a stim medicated FET, than an HRT FET.

If this donor FET reveals that there was no implantation attempted, then I will be saying that it can only be due to 3 things: 1. An issue (?chromosomal) with the donor eggs....too late to do anything about that, as we already have embryos. 2. An issue (?chromosomal) with DPs sperm.....again, too late to do anything about that, as we already have embryos. 3. An issue with my uterine environment. The only thing that can be addressed is number 3....so what does FS intend to do about it...or what does he suggest, which comes back to Im not prepared to do exactly the same FET protocol for a 3rd time in a row.

Is this fair enough or am I being unreasonable? Would love your opinions and also any suggestions on what FS can introduce into my protocol.

Wannabb - if your 'hovering' this thread, would love your opinion on your donor FET protocol. I have been checking out the donor egg forum, in particular, the South Africa donor egg thread and it seems that there is so much more supporting meds during a donor FET?
    Last edited by Sunny15; 02-04-2012 at 17:54.

Thanks
    Reviews
    sunny....sounds like you have your thinking cap on... I would ask for the works in the luteal phase... prednisone, aspirin, clexaine, progesterone suppositories, estrogen support. It sounds like you are on the right track.

oh and for my POAS at 17dpo... the line was soooooooo faint.. and it took 10mins to come up and this was supposidly on a test sensitive to 25 beta levels. One thing I have noticed is that us oldies tend to have a lot lower betas than the young guns.. my beta at 18dpo was only 86... (alot seem to have around 300 at this point) ... So I will still be cheering for your blood test... make sure that oestrogen and progesterone are on the test... it will help if it is a bfn sort out your luteal stuff.

did the endometrial biopsy show anything?? infection, did they test for killer cells?? you dont have any infections of the fallopian tubes? hydrosalpnx?
    maybe take a course of antibiotics blindly to exclude these...

I cant think of anything else off the top of my head.. fingers crossed you are wrong