Closed Thread
Page 38 of 116 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Way to go

Sunny...that is such great news...way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Relax, stay calm, chill out and try not to worry! Yeah, I know that's easier said than done. Keep positive.

I had another beta on Monday. I was 122 on Thursday and then 4 days later I have gone up to 592. The clinic nurse said my progesterone levels are better than last time when I miscarried so I see every tiny step or tiny positive as I massive giant thing and sometimes forget to keep it in perspective. Long way to go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello all,

I have not had time to catch up with everyone, I have been really busy at work and my grandmother has not been the best.

Cycle for March was cancelled and the clinic will not be taking any theatre bookings for April, so our cycle has been move to May (if all goes well).

It is a big struggle to find the extra cash to pay for all the treatment for a fresh cycle, trying to keep a float and not get into too much debt. I am trying to keep a positive mind for the May cycle, it is hard I am not getting any younger and the wait for May seems soooo long to wait! Dread to hear the Dr’s tell me that I am old again, it is like as if I do not know! So annoying!

I have asked the clinic for our May cycle to only grow the embryos to day 3 and not to day 5, I am thinking that it worked last time with a day 3 embryo maybe it may work again? Is there any thoughts for day 3 to a day 5 embryo?

Sending regards to you all!

Kind Regards
    zannah

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Day3 vs Day5

Not sure myself as I guess the quality of embies, the number of embies and wether or not they are from donor eggs seems to me to be a significant factor in deciding at what point to freeze or to transfer.
    Mine were donor eggs, day 3 freezes. I had a fresh day 3 and got a pos beta but m/c 9 weeks later and now a day 3 frozen and I am pos again but very early on.
    I am 44 so I understand the age thing, we all do. My donor cycle was delayed 4 months whilst she completed her midwifery exams in Victoria and at first it seemed like forever but it then seemed to be time all of a sudden and I was like wow, they went quickly. May is not far away, just break it down in your mind and it will quickly pass.
    I basically followed the guidance of my FS and although we obviously discussed options, I went with his advice.
    Donna

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DJ... great beta...rising nicely and the rising progesterone is great...
    woohoo cant wait for your scan...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Micca - you are so the voice of reason...I went to bed last night feeling much better. Thanks.

DJShears - congratulations, beta keeps increasing. This IVF thing is all about milestones...we just get by one, only to be faced by another.....small steps and one at a time.

Zannah - How frustrating for you...a cancelled cycle and then more of a wait. Wish I could give you some advice, but I have never been lucky enough to get a Day 5 transfer....never had enough eggs/embryos to risk going to Day 5. Hope your grandma is on the mend.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Please Help ..

hi ladies... i am chasing some help if that is ok...

i am reasonably new to all of this, have looked up these forums for information, but haven't posted before... and have only signed up today..

my husband and i tried IUI last year which was unsuccessful, i then experienced some stressful months with a challenging trip staying at the inlaws house overseas followed by about 5 weeks to plan our wedding which we had to organise ours and our guests accommodation, transport to the whitsundays which we catered for ourselves (when i say we regarding the wedding i am sure you know i mean I)...

this coincided with my blood test results going all over the place... our doctor then explained it could be the effects of stress or the beginning of peri monopause... he then sped up our treatment from another planned IUI to IVF... he put me on DHEA and a testosterone cream... then we commenced our first IVF cycle... Unfortunately we only managed 4 follicles and of those only one was an egg... they tried to perform ICSI on it and unfortunately it was too fragile and did not survive... resulting in the transfer being cancelled.

we are now doing a back to back IVF cycle and i am on progesterone to bring on my cycle...

i have given up alcohol, coffee, chocolate, running, work (other than paperwork from home), reduced all stress and just about everything else i love to do for the last 6 weeks to assist and have also been getting acupuncture. although i think i ate more sugar (lollies and biscuits) during the last cycle than i had in the whole 12 months prior as i was justifying i had given up so much that i deserved it ... which i won't repeat this time as i have also gained a considerable amount of weight..

our doctor has put me back on to the same cycle of meds as last cycle (which i was surprised about, but he suggested increasing the dose would reduce my fertility)

i have spoken to a natropath who suggests there is nothing she can prescribe to me while i am on the ivf cycle to improve the integrity of my eggs. due to my age, family history of early menopause and my recent bloods becoming erratic i am not willing to put the IVF cycle off for a few months to try herbs to improve the integrity of my eggs.

is there anything else anyone can suggest to assist or that they have found helpful in the past...

i am open to any advice as i am not sure how many IVF cycles we can afford...

thanks for any help in advance.

P
    Last edited by petrof; 22-03-2012 at 11:30.

Thanks
    Reviews
    djshears - hope all is well with your beta rising and progesterone staying good.

petrof
    -Your cycle sounds a bit like my first cycle - I also had 4 follicles but only got one egg. This was last May, aged 39. In my case the egg fertilised but only grew to 4 cells then stopped.

I also gave up coffee, junk food, reduced stress and started acupuncture and Chinese medicine. I am taking DHEA as well. Unfortunately nothing has worked for me yet. However I have lost about 10kg.

My second cycle FS doubled the medication to 900FSH, got 5 follies, two eggs, one was immature, the other grew to 9 cells and stopped. The third cycle was back-to-back after the second one and had 3 empty follies.

After New Year I took Clomid 100mg and got two follies, unfortunately did not get to egg collection since all the paperwork was not done in time. Then did an antagonist cycle, which got cancelled because of no follies. Now I am having a break for a while, but will have blood tests and be scanned by FS. FS said perhaps I can try Clomid again, since it seemed to work for me before.

Some of the supplements I started taking a few months ago include Melatonin, Inositol, Resveratrol, Pyncogenol, CoQ10 + Ubiquinol, PQQ (supposed to help mitochondria). I also have a homemade vegetable juice (beetroot, carrot, celery, etc) every few days for antioxidants, and try to eat a lot of protein for egg quality. Unfortunately no way of knowing if this is working.

Next week I have an appointment to see another naturopath just to try something different.

I am also in the Poor Responders thread for ladies who don't get a lot of eggs. It has been getting a bit lonely there since a few people graduated so feel free to join us.

Also I post in the US based network54 community "Women over 40 with high FSH" - many ladies there have helpful ideas.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Petrof,
    Welcome.....I am 44 years old and my first cycle was a failure. I never cycled well enough to even get to egg collection I was on DHEA (of which I still have some if anyone wants them as I can post them!!!!). I ended up needing an egg donor.
    I understand the idea of balancing stress etc and that is great as this whole process is stressful enough. My FS did 3 HRT managed cycles. Everyone is different and things dont always work for one person as they do another. I guess your bloods will be the key to managing your cycle. Hope you find the answers soon. Donna

Thanks
    Reviews
    petrof - Ask your FS about Human Growth Hormone (Saizen) and its introduction into your current cycle.

everyone.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunny15 For This Useful Post:

petrof  (25-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies!

I was in this thread last year but have been off the TTC ride for a while.

However I am now in the TWW with a wonderful donor.

I am 5dp3dt with two, 8 cell embies. Sunny reminded me of this thread so I thought I would come on over and say hi

Today I have been super emotional ( cried when a truckie abused me) and so tired. Darned progesterone!!!

Have been POAS which have so far been negative. Of course

Cheers for now!!!!