Closed Thread
Page 3 of 116 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies, sorry, been MIA…not on purpose, but a lot of stuff going on and unfortunately, not all good.

DP is finally seeking some help with psychological issues stemming from an abusive father (luckily not towards the kids, but physical violence towards DP’s mother). DP’s mother died of breast cancer a couple of years ago, but his father is alive and still has some kind of nasty hold over DP. He dealt with it through alcohol, not every day but by wiping himself out every couple of months. Tried and tried to be supportive but enough was enough, I told him to pack his gear and move out. It was a huge wake up call for him and shocked him into action. We are soldering on and so far all is good…great in fact, but I am still wary. I told him that I cannot be his saviour, only he could do that himself.

So….it looks like there has been so much happening on this thread…might take me a while to catch up. Apologies everyone.

Welcome Catchick – I agree with Micca and having the procedures….I had a hyst and lap in September last year and FS found very minor endometriosis, which I had no idea that I had, as I had no symptoms at all. FS also stated that the endo could be attributed to my previous IVF cycles, in particular EPU. He also discovered some kind of uterine ‘folds’ which trapped old mucus and blood (sorry TMI). The ‘folds’ were cauterised and then he gave me a curette. We never actually know what is in there until we look!!! Definitely try DHEA and also Human Growth Hormone (Saizen).

Congratulations Micca on being PUPO. Fingers crossed and lots of baby dust.

Commiserations cjm1 on the BFN, sounds like you have a plan though. Goodluck.

Hi to everyone else….I hope you are all travelling well on your IVF journeys.

AFM
    I had decided to do one last fresh cycle before exploring egg donor options. I was preparing to do my final fresh cycle with new FS, Dr Wazza in Brisbane, however, with all the dramas going on, I missed my start date….thought that it would start at Day 21, but no, it started at Day 2 (it is an extra long protocol). I could sit out a month, however, I then could not fit in a cycle prior to any Christmas closures. Devastated.

Then whilst I was trying to get over that piece of news…..my job (that I have been doing for over 10 years) was to be advertised. The day my job was advertised, I had a phone call from my clinic here in my home town……I had made it to the top of their egg donor list and they had 4 eggs out of quarantine ready for me if I agreed to the donor’s profile. WHAT THE???!!! After my failed FET in September, FS told me that due to my position on the donor list, it would be approximately 12 months or more away from getting to the top of the list!!!

If I didn’t agree to the donor’s profile, there was another batch of eggs coming out of quarantine at the end of the year. But apparently the current donor is almost a perfect match with me! So lots of discussions between me and DP and the result…..we are now the proud owners of 4 x 35 year old eggs!!!

So the next step is to make an appointment with FS to see what protocol he suggests and also get his referral to psychologist.

I am truly excited by this wonderful gift and I will gladly take anyone’s protocol suggestions, as I want to throw everything I can at this. Thanks everyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    sunny.......oh that is fantastic news about having 4 beautiful eggs..and matched to you well too. .. it must be a nice feeling knowing that they are yours and safe and sound.
    So sorry to hear about your relationship issues..but it sounds like you are both working forwards to a much better place in your lives.. and certainly your future bub will benefit from all the hard work DH is putting in, I wish you all the best and send you hugs for your journey.
    oh and I would ask your FS about doing a uterine scratch or endometrial biopsy prior to your DET... most places in the states that use donor eggs have this standard as their protocol (RBA georga) and it is done the cycle prior ... it improves implantation significantly... I have had it done this time for my FET...of course thats if any of the triplets are good enough to implant..lol..

oh and my junkfood bender continues......
    lunch...KFC burger and chips, afternoon tea...popcorn..dinner.. ovenfries..lol..lol.. oh I am so going to pay as a result of these hormones and prednisone..lol... I promise I will be good once I get home...lol.. of course no fastfood access so its a little easier...hahaha
    Last edited by micca; 13-11-2011 at 21:03.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sunny, good to see you here again, wow, what a journey. You are right, you cannot be your DP's saviour but sure as heck you sound like you've been a wonderful support. I wish you both all the very best as you deal with those tough issues.
    As for those spring chicken eggs, wow !! How exciting for you. I hope you can get a quick appt with FS & psych.

micca, meh, diet schmiet. Just make yourself feel good for a couple of days then go back to your normal healthier ways. Any twinges from your little embies ? I just noticed your sig, funny little names for them.

Lilwish, good to see you again too. Hope AF comes on time & you can get back into it quickly. Poor you & DH !!!

Hi to everyone else.

AFM, first monitoring BT this morning for my FET. Very much doubt there'll be much movement at the station just yet as we're only day 10, although I had a massive temp dip this morning. Can't really explain why, I'm not very consistent with my charting, but does anyone know what might explain a dip at this point ? Here's my chart

My Ovulation Chart
    Last edited by lilbirdy; 14-11-2011 at 11:37.

Thanks
    Reviews
    sunny, welcome back to the thread . so sorry to hear you've been having such trouble at home, but sounds like it's all heading in the right direction now. So exciting about Donor surprise! Just the good news you needed! and a new focus for you two as well... Really hoping this all work out for you. I fully believe in acup treatment - leading up to (to get uterus ready), directly after DET (same day if poss), and in the next little while as well to help implantation. Good luck! when does cycle start? Are you doing HRT cycle?

Micca, safe trip home... sorry, but the hols are over so time to get back to normal diet now

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Just popping in :)

Hi ladies,

It's been a while but I thought I'd pop in and see how things are going here.

Micca, I'm so excited that you're PUPO and I'll keep everything crossed for an awesome result. I'll be popping back to see how your BT goes. Lots of sticky vibes for you.

Sunny15, how wonderful for you to have your little eggs all ready to go. I wish you all the best and hope to see some amazing news from you very soon. Also sending you lots of good vibes for some awesome little embies.

AFM, I only sometimes think 'did we make the right decision' but I'm sure we did. In the next few years we'll have grandchildren coming along so we'll get our cluckiness fix then. I sometimes wonder what if we had have done it just one more time but I guess we could think that no matter when we stopped.

Just reading your posts has brought it all back and I have a huge amount of admiration for you ladies. This is a draining experience and so many have been on this journey for a long time. You are all amazing women and I hope to see you all have the results you are wanting. Good luck to you all.

I'll be watching in the wings.

Jo.

PS: has anyone heard anything from Lilly40 lately? Last I heard she was in hospital with her premi little man. I'd love to hear how she is doing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies it's been quiet in here

I had my fet today I now have two on board and I begin the dreaded TWW again

I hope everyone is doing well?.

Cheers
    Leanne

Thanks
    Reviews
    gosh it has been quiet leanne

congrats on being PUPO... woohoo.... now lets hope that those super embies work.... for the blood test...will you POAS prior???

well Im just cruising.... I think Im about 9dp5dt side effects from the estrogen and progesterone are making me feel blah...thinking if I poas it will be maybe sunday.... 11dp5dt and 5 days post pregnyl.... then if it is a bfn i can stop the drugs earlier.... hard to say if i have any symptoms as the hormones produce similar ones to pregnancy... anyway 2 more days of drugs..lol.... and if it is a success then another 6 weeks...which is not even worth thinking about..lol..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Micca i dont normally poas as its too confronting but last month af arrived and this month will probably be the same if it doesnt work???
    You sound like there are too many drugs in your system that will interfer so probably better to wait. How you doing mentally is it doing your head in? take care

Thanks
    Reviews
    Leannepp – Congratulations on being PUPO and I hope both embies snuggle in tight.

Micca – BT is creeping closer and closer….probably seems like it is going so slow to you. I love the names….rock star, slow poke and runt….I hope at least one has really buried in for the next 9 months!

Lilwish, Lilbirdy – How is everything going….what’s the latest?

Hoping4More – Hi…glad to see that you pop in from time to time and give us encouragement. Good to see you again.

AFM
    We have decided to cycle after Christmas….well actually, it was finances that dictated when we could cycle again!!!

We had our donor counselling session a couple of days ago…..loved the session, we both got a lot out of it. Next is our protocol appointment with FS….hoping to get into see him next week before DP goes back to work for 3 weeks. I have no idea what FS will suggest with DET, but I am gathering information and ready to challenge him!

I have been having weekly acupuncture for about 5 weeks now and feel great…..all the FET estrogen and progesterone bloatiness/fluid retention has finally come off and I am feeling normal again.

Question: I have a friend that was to start her first IVF cycle this month, however, the cycle has been cancelled this month due to a high LH level. She did not present with a high LH level during her assessment month. What is the reason/s for high LH levels? And is there anything that she could do to lower it? I have read acupuncture and light exercise (yoga) to increase blood flow to the ovaries may help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    BFN for me on the FET,.... no real surprise... have done 2 first response tests with super concentrated pee... no go... getting blood test today.. stopped meds this am.
    will probably do a FET jan... maybe a natural one as the oestrogen really plays havic with me. Oh well means that I can enjoy my NZ holiday with some coffee, wine and lots of seafood at christmas...and ham...mmmmmmmmmmmmmm,,,,,
    I dont feel too sad... just more that I have no more donor sperm the same donor as arabella...
    anyway off to work... have a terrible sore throat and cold too.
    ..both of us are sick..lol..

will write more tonight...