Closed Thread
Page 2 of 116 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi lilbirdy,
    Ahh we have so much that goes through our heads I am the same keep thinking about the next cycle before i have started this one I keep doing the what ifs anyway if you wait to do a full cycle in the new year you will reach the medicare threshold on the first cycle(well i did this year so it should be the same for you) anyway what Im saying is go with your heart and do what you want to do there is no right or wrong good luck with what ever you decide xx
    Micca i hope your enjoying your little holiday i hope your feeling good xx
    Afm i had my scan and its looking good i will have my transfer on friday yahoo

Thanks
    Reviews
    lilibirdy... I guess that your decision comes down to where you are ...are you physically ready and emotionally in the right place... can your finannces do it. Myself Im an obsessive type and believe in the numbers game...so I probably would squeeze a cycle in before christmas.. and then you will start the new year either preggers or with fresh resolve... but at the end of the day it is a very personal decision.

Leanne...woohoo on your baseline scan being fabulous... lets hope that everything goes a lot more smoothly than my FET.. and that your blasts defrost well... although the dact that you have blasts is a huge step up from me. so 7 days and counting until you are PUPO.

well another sort of quiet day, went shopping for 3hrs in some nice aircon and had a burrito for lunch so I am so full... I also had some custard danish..oh my poor diet not really adhering to the PUPO rules..lol.. Oh well Ill just plug on and enjoy the last few days on the gold coast..it has been really hot... still trying to get to the beach again...might try tomorrow morning...
    still holding no hope...just really going through the motions..which I actually think has made it all a lot less stressful as I am not full of that hope... my next pregnyl shot is sunday (4dp5dt) and wed (7dp5dt) - although it is optional... so wont be POASing for a while... and AF will not come until the progesterone/oestrogen is stopped... my blood tests yesterday were all good and my progesterone was 86 so at least I am absorbing the pessaries well..
    Im glad that I am super busy for the next 10 days with work and home...
    Last edited by micca; 11-11-2011 at 18:16.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi micca mine arent blasties unfortunatly as they are only day 4 frosties so i dont hold out a lot of hope I normally have day 5ers. I think thats why they are letting me transfer 2!! Im glad yr enjoying yourself

Veve is offline Assistant Forum Manager :)
    Winner 2007 - best signature
    Winner 2008/2009/ 2010- naughtiest mod

RG always has to save my butt <3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    sorry about the delay .. thanks for the reminder micca

I lost track of things that I was doing!!!!

sorry!

xx
    Jen

Thanks
    Reviews
    Missed out on all the thread dramas, not sure what happened !?
    Anyway, looks like we're back on track.

Leanne, awesome that ET is so close, so glad you could get back into it quickly. Any different approaches this time ?

Micca, hope you got down to the beach to relax a bit, happy shopping too ! I have fallen off the wagon a bit in terms of diet although I'm back personal training again, its harder with the hotter weather ! And I wind it back in the 2ww, just don't want to risk it. I really hope your embies are doing their thing. Xxx

Cjm, sorry to hear about your bfn, I hope the DHEA makes a difference for your next cycle and it's the lucky one !

Hi to everyone else, how's it going ??

Afm, good news, my decision has been made for me. After my least favourite nurse told me I couldnt do an FET straight away, FS assistant double checked for me and I can !! Yay ! Just came with the warning that O might be a little askew after a stim cycle, so if levels aren't right obviously we won't go through with it. But pretty confident all will be well, so start bloods to monitor on Monday, I'm guestimating a transfer somewhere round the 23-26 Nov with one of my nice blastys. So glad to get a cycle in before Xmas.

Thanks
    Reviews
    lilbirdy...that is so wonderful about doing a FET and with blasties...oooooh you are ahead of me already on that one. are you on prednisone and aspirin??? if not I recommend taking 10mg prednisone, aspirin from now on until beta... and honestly if your FS does not let you I would be inclined to get a script and take it...it will do no harm and a lot of studies have shown it to be benefitial especially as a lot of women can develop immune issues from cycle to cycle that might not have been there previously... I swear by prednisone getting me over the line for DD.

leanne.... day 4 is still pretty good ...will you put them back the same day or wait overnight to see how they go on the cell division... that was my delima..cause I knew how they were growing and whether they would be duds...whereas if I put them back on the same day I would have been in ignorant bliss...well sort of...lol..

Hi to all the gals cruising and reading...whats the goss..????

I had a nice day today.. went for a walk along the beach.... my PUPO diet is like non exsistant... I had a gloria jeans vanilla chiller with caffiene today..my first in a long time....and then I had the best hamburger with pinapple and a runny egg... I figure that the embryo has not really implanted yet.. and since I think the cycle is a dud... Im just enjoying myself..and I must say I am the less stressed that I have ever been...they only time I worried was when I got super hot walking... but I cooled down after a rest in the shade and a drink...even when I got home a bit hot and sweaty my temp was still only 37.4... which is the progesterone and pregnyl doing its stuff....

anyway off to have a cuppa....still super full from my giant hamburger...lol...
    Last edited by micca; 12-11-2011 at 19:26.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by micca View Post
    lilbirdy...that is so wonderful about doing a FET and with blasties...oooooh you are ahead of me already on that one. are you on prednisone and aspirin??? if not I recommend taking 10mg prednisone, aspirin from now on until beta... and honestly if your FS does not let you I would be inclined to get a script and take it...it will do no harm and a lot of studies have shown it to be benefitial especially as a lot of women can develop immune issues from cycle to cycle that might not have been there previously... I swear by prednisone getting me over the line for DD.
    Yes, FS put me on prednisone for first time last cycle so I'm all ready. He gave me 25mg from transfer, I don't want to take that much too soon but will probably do half a tablet up to transfer then increase when I get there. I'm on clexane, not sure if I should do the baby aspirin as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    lilbirdy....sounds like a prednisone plan.... I did 10mg prednisone from day 1 then at around ovulation estimate(day 13ish) put it up to 25mg for about 7 days then back to 12.5mg and 10mg... Im also on baby aspirin to as per FS as it has a different action to clexane...studies also show aspirin preconception can reduce the risk of pregnancy induced hypertension and eclampsia..again because it aids placental development. Also studies have shown that taking an antiinflammatory prior to transfer improves implantation... my FS uses feldene mainly because it is safe in pregnancy and the studies used it..but he makes you stay on it until around 12weeks.which I wont do... took one today 4dp5dt and that will be my last... but voltaren or naprosyn has a similar effect... I would just take it a few days prior to transfer..it reduces the prostaglandins which can cause uterine spasm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Micca, I started baby aspirin yesterday, we shall see. Haven't heard of feldene.
    Clinic always told me to steer clear of anti-inflammatories as a painkiller during IVF; not sure pre-transfer when not on any other FSH or antagonist drugs ?
    Last edited by lilbirdy; 14-11-2011 at 12:26.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

Sorry - been offline for a few days - keeping busy. I missed all the dramas - whatever happened...?

Lilbirdy, so glad your decision was made for you and you can go straight away! Surely this is a good omen? I hope it's a good strong blasty for FET

Micca, congrats on FET! Hoping it's better than you think . I'm not feeling so confident about upcoming FET - no real reason not to but just not confident about it... and I think I know how you feel about being less stressed with less hope...? Maybe this is the real trick to staying sane

Leannep, so glad yr cycle is going so well. Good luck for FET next Fri

cjm, so sorry for bfn this game just doesn't get any easier does it...

AFM, not much happening. Still waiting for AF... if she's on time should be in about a week. Hope she's on time so I don't get caught when camping in 2wks time. DH was away most of last week so so much for ttc naturally... right around O!! He got back Fri - complete with coldsores (a bit run down I think poor darling), and I stuffed up my knee on Thurs so swollen and sore... not the best combo for DTD... oh well thank goodness for ivf backup!