Closed Thread
Page 115 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116 LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1151
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default IVF Over 40 #4

Quote Originally Posted by micca View Post
    my fingers are super crossed when is the test??
    BT is Wednesday if AF doesn't show

Thanks
    Reviews
    BFN. Cried alot this time. Feeling like I won't ever have my dream.

On a plus, if things are base line enough FS has agreed to a back to back stim cycle. Also, FS may agree to a double transfer this time.

Given the exceedingly $h!t cycle last time (8 follicles, only 4 eggs retrieved, 1 viable) she wants me on a new agressive regime. Puregon, PLUS another one (can't remember that one... but will know what it is tomorrow) PLUS Human growth hormone. The HGH is VERY expensive and from what I have googled some studies seem to think it will help all round for low response, poor DNA and increased pregnancy rates- but it is experimental. Pity it's not on PBS.
    BT and US tomorrow- then decision will be made by FS whether I can back to back this cycle or if I must wait the month. Apparently, it's mainly based on if any follicles remain on my ovaries- if there are some they can suck up the FSH and create empty sacks which makes a cycle a waste of time.

Has anyone tried HGH? Any thoughts and words of encouragement appreciated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    fortitude.... so sorry about your bfn hugs..lets hope 3rd time is the charm...it worked for me the first time and Im hoping it works for me this time.

Ive used saizen..HGH for 2 cycles... and gotten 2 bfps ... my DD and a chemical pregnancy... it does seem to help... and yep it is very expensive... Im on 8 injections of it this cycle... and just took my first one tonight...
    Id also look at maybe a 2 month break and getting super healthy... antioxidants and vitamins for both you and DH, DHEA, melatonin.chinese herbs. all these will make a huge impact on sperm and egg health and get you your bfp.. it will happen.. its just a hard road... but when you do get it.. nothing mattters and you forget all the struggle to get there.
    Also ask the FS about prednisone if she wants to be aggressive....

big hugs again

4. The Following User Says Thank You to micca For This Useful Post:

Fortitude  (02-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Micca.
    Thanks for the encouraging feedback on HGH! xoxox
    I am finding today much worse that yesterday. Knowing the FS wants to bring in the 'big guns' as it were.
    Suddenly I feel like 'this is it' if it won't work on an agressive cycle it won't work. You know what I mean?
    I am on "micca's vitamin regime" already- all the goodies! but not DHEA. I will definately ask about prednisone.
    I think the other drug is Pregnyl?
    Wishing you ALL the luck for this cycle. If preparation counts then you should be a BFP!
    xoxoxoxoxo
    Fortitude

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Fortitude For This Useful Post:

micca  (02-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fortitude sorry to hear your news. It sounds like you are doing all you can, your very best to make this happen. I really admire that. It gives me courage to know that you are out there going through exactly what I am going through, at the same time We are playing a numbers game here. All we can do is our best and then we can hope. I love your name. FORTITUDE! Im right beside you! What keeps me going when I have massive disappointments is to always have a backup plan. I have started my new cycle too, but without the saizen and the priming. However if this cycle doesnt work then I am going to follow Micca's regime: vitamins, chinese herbs for two months and then her cycle protocol.

Micca: I so agree with you! I am on the snow today and all I can see are the little ones skiing around the ankles of their parents. The milo kids are soooo cute! It definitely does make all of this worthwhile and it gives it all meaning even if it isn't successful. How are you finding it? Hope you are travelling well.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF Over 40 #4

Boo
    Last edited by Fingerscrossd11; 03-09-2012 at 21:27.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF Over 40 #4

Quote Originally Posted by Fortitude View Post
    Thanks Micca.
    I am finding today much worse that yesterday. Knowing the FS wants to bring in the 'big guns' as it were.
    Suddenly I feel like 'this is it' if it won't work on an agressive cycle it won't work. You know what I mean?
    I am on "micca's vitamin regime" already- all the goodies! but not DHEA. I will definately ask about prednisone.
    Wishing you ALL the luck for this cycle. If preparation counts then you should be a BFP!
    xoxoxoxoxo
    Fortitude
    Pregnyl is the one you have on certain days after EPU and transfer.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF Over 40 #4

Quote Originally Posted by Fortitude View Post
    Thanks Micca.
    xoxoxoxoxo
    Fortitude
    Pregnyl is the one you have on certain days after EPU and transfer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This the new agressive regime:
    Puregon 300 every day (probably review dose depending on response)
    Pregnyl (YES! PRE EPU!) every second day.
    Scitropin (an HGH drug) 3mg every day for 9 days.
    PLUS I am on all the vitamins.

I really am starting to feel a new determination.
    Wannabemum- it is a terrible thing we share in common- that desperation and number game. I truely pray you and I both rise over this and our dreams come true. THANKYOU for reminding me why I chose my nickname Fortitude. I need some right now. LOL

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF Over 40 #4

Period due today, nothing. DP wants to wait til Thursday or Friday morning for BT

last cycle period day came and went, then the BT on the Friday (chem) and AF arrived on the Saturday, I think she is worried it's going to happen like that again!