Closed Thread
Page 114 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116 LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1151
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all

Is it ok for me to proceed with my icsi cycle if I am taking antibiotics? I have developed a cold and tooth infection and worried it might lower my chance for success.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wanabe that calorie deficiency would make sense as you would start losing weight and apparently it is the process of losing weight itself which boosts fertility in the overweight.

Fort, I feel for you. At least if you do POAS you will know when the trigger injection is out of your system when it goes blank. Any positive after that is a definite positive. Hope that helps.

Fingers good luck with the househunting. I think it's an exciting distraction as well.

I wouldn't look at IVF again because of the cost factor. For me it is $5K out of pocket and given the number of eggs I get, it just is not worth it. At least with an IUI it's affordable and I have a chance. I'd consider a non-medicated which is only $600 out of pocket as I do still ovulate naturally. Also I have lots of left over Gonal so can boost myself if I feel like it.
    Last edited by Net3811; 29-08-2012 at 15:43.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default IVF Over 40 #4

Quote Originally Posted by wanabemum View Post
    Hi all

Is it ok for me to proceed with my icsi cycle if I am taking antibiotics? I have developed a cold and tooth infection and worried it might lower my chance for success.
    Not sure, best ring the nurses at your clinic for their advice

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Fingerscrossd11 For This Useful Post:

wanabemum  (29-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all

There are no problems with antibiotics and ivf...infact the colarado protocol uses them. I always take a course at pick up.
    It may even improve your chances if you have an infection you are not aware off...which is the rational with using it in cycle.

Fort... How are you going ? Any poas ??

6. The Following User Says Thank You to micca For This Useful Post:

wanabemum  (31-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Micca - Im starting on 1600iu of elonva. First injection is Thursday. Im also taking clexane. May I ask what sort of cycle/protocol you are on? Noticed u are on a down reg - Im on an antagonist. Why wouldn't you pick antagonist as it is shorter and easier?

One more thing my FS said that might be useful to us overweight women. He asked me to go on a "calorie deficient" regime (in other words expend more energy than food) as this has shown a better result. Dont know if it is true but it sounds like Im gonna have a lot of fun over these next few weeks.......hormones an dieting... nnnnooooooottt!
    I'm doing an antagonist/agonists cycle with estrogen priming AAOP
    So cop, lucrin 1unit 10days prior then stim with oestregn tabs added in.
    Supposed to be the best cycle for older gals. Centers in use that deal with us a lots use this as standard.it has good results. I'm also using saizen and Luveris.

Yes on the calorie restriction sounds like I'm a step ahead. I think it works by tricking the body to make good eggs so only strong ones fertilize in a time of starvation. Then when you eat a normal diet the body recognizes a time of plenty and does everything it can to ensure pregnancy.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to micca For This Useful Post:

wanabemum  (31-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by micca View Post
    I'm doing an antagonist/agonists cycle with estrogen priming AAOP
    So cop, lucrin 1unit 10days prior then stim with oestregn tabs added in.
    Supposed to be the best cycle for older gals. Centers in use that deal with us a lots use this as standard.it has good results. I'm also using saizen and Luveris.

Yes on the calorie restriction sounds like I'm a step ahead. I think it works by tricking the body to make good eggs so only strong ones fertilize in a time of starvation. Then when you eat a normal diet the body recognizes a time of plenty and does everything it can to ensure pregnancy.
    Wow! Firstly, thank you Micca - you seem to know more than the FS's about this stuff. I have spent this morning googling. What is "cop"? Luveris sounds interesting. I know about saizen but as far as I know its benefits are inconclusive and it is very expensive but if you are doing it then it may be worth it after all. My oestrogen is pretty high so Im guessing that I wouldn't need priming? I didn't know that there were centres that dealt with us specifically - ive looked online a lot but have never found one of these. Sorry if this all sounds a bit jumbled - blame my head-cold argh!
    Last edited by wanabemum; 31-08-2012 at 12:06.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by micca View Post

Interesting I've never heard of that but it does make sense.

Thanks
    Reviews
    wanabeamum...lol... COP = ocp..pill... blame the ipad...

my estrogen is high during a cycle normally as well... I asked my FS yesterday about why the estrogen and it actually has to do with egg growth and that older eggs grow better when there is extra estrogen present.
    He has also got me dropping the dose of DHEA to 25mg as soon as stims start...

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF Over 40 #4

So hard not to read signs. We went and had lunch with friends, DP had good size pasta, dessert and just had dinner and is still hungry. Please let this be a good sign

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Fingerscrossd11 View Post
    So hard not to read signs. We went and had lunch with friends, DP had good size pasta, dessert and just had dinner and is still hungry. Please let this be a good sign
    my fingers are super crossed when is the test??