Closed Thread
Page 112 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1151
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Leanne: I am keeping on my COQ10 as I figure if this cycle doesn't work then I need it still there helping the next round. Didn't take the jelly myself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tested today and my faint yet lovely second line had disappeared. Hate pregnyl! My husband made creme brule last night (I think this was his plan b) so I have just polished one off for breakfast. Hopefully he wont notice....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Wanabe. I love dessert for breakfast. Highly recommend trifle and apple crumble too. Lemon/lime custards are a winter standard for me for breakfast. Kind of like the filling cafe's do for lemon/lime brulees without the brulee bit. Isn't blood test today? I thought it was so came to wish you luck. I will do my last POAS tomorrow but not remotely hopeful now. Hoping you do better. On the upside, I have my painting class tomorrow. Nice group of people and I get to be creative.

Fingers, congrats on being PUPO. Nice numbers too, except I'm confused about the 13 cells, why was that no good. Looked good to me!

leanne, what's that jelly?
    Last edited by Net3811; 24-08-2012 at 09:30.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Net3811 For This Useful Post:

wanabemum  (24-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wanabemum View Post
    Tested today and my faint yet lovely second line had disappeared. Hate pregnyl! My husband made creme brule last night (I think this was his plan b) so I have just polished one off for breakfast. Hopefully he wont notice....
    so sorry to hear that wanabe... so sucks... but still a little hope with the blood test. at least you have plan B... boozy lunch, hair streaks and a ski holiday.
    where are you going to go skiing?? the mountains have just had about 20-40cm overnight... make sure you have a me me me me week or 2 ....

6. The Following User Says Thank You to micca For This Useful Post:

wanabemum  (24-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF Over 40 #4

Well 13 cells after 3 days, our FS said that it didn't look quite right, and was going way to fast compared to the rest

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Net3811 View Post
    Micca the odds of IVF compared to IUI aren't that different once you get older.
    Does anyone know what the stats are on this? I consulted Dr Google who came up with the following stats: 15% success rate for IUI vs a 22% success for IVF at our age (ie over 40). Does this sound right??

Thanks
    Reviews
    my FS gave me at 41.8yrs a 33% chance of ivf working ....mainly because of using 20yr old donor sperm. and she was spot on .. 3 cycles and 1 worked.
    At the moment my stats for a 43/44 yr old are around 5-10% maybe a little higher due to the young sperm

oh and the 15% IUI is based on injectables, and generally is what is quoted for working in the under 35yrs age group..so I would be a little hesitant to take that stat as given

10. The Following User Says Thank You to micca For This Useful Post:

wanabemum  (24-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ive booked myself in to see my FS on Monday. I'll nut it out with him. At this stage Im leaning towards an ICSI as my DH has low motility, morphology etc and Micca those stats at our age (as we well know) are not good. Its probably our best bet, even if by a short margin. Do you know that in a strange way, even though this IUI has failed it has made me feel more determined. Woohoo!!!
    Last edited by wanabemum; 24-08-2012 at 16:07.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dare I hope? some 'possible' symptoms?
    Well sore nipples and boobies - but seriously they are probably progesterone.
    Last night my DD made me a decaf coffee but it tasted really yuck and bitter (yeah I know decaf doesn't taste that good anyway, but I'm used to it now!). I figured maybe she made it too weak? But this morning DH made me my regular morning decaf coffee and it tasted so bitter I just couldn't drink it!!!
    Anyway, disliking foods I usually liked is something I had with my other pregnancies. So a glimmer of possibility there?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wannabe was the BT definitely negative. Sorry I meant to come on here last night but was feeling very sorry for myself. I fell badly getting off the train and was busy crying and frightened all evening. I am a hormonal, emotional mess. Looking forward to my glass/bottle of wine on Monday night.
    Micca when do you start again?
    Fort, those sound like good symptoms. maybe that little girl is snuggling in!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Net3811 For This Useful Post:

Fortitude  (25-08-2012)