Closed Thread
Page 110 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1151
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default IVF Over 40 #4

Update: 8 fertilized and dr is still putting 3 in. Gulp. My DP is fine about it I'm the one worrying

Thanks
    Reviews
    fingers...congrats on the fert report...woohoo....
    I had DD at 42... and had 3 embies put back.. I was given a choice.. 3 day 3embies or 2 blasts... on my cycle in may I had 3 put back. Its all about increasing the odds... as the chances that one out of the 3 is chromosomally normal. its the special gift that us oldies have.....

musical.
    .. yep the weight gain on ivf sucks big time.. I gained about 8kg.. and managed to very quickly get to my prepregnancy weight within weeks of delivering DD, but it has been impossible to budge the rest. I too was like you I used to do lots of walks... I live at high altitude so was really afraid Id get hot and hypoxic and damage things... so stopped my walking.
    Ive started a fertility smoothie for breakfast which stops the hunger, I eat lunch around 2-3pm and dont feel hungry and then a small dinner., Ive cut out white flour and refined sugar... although I have my slip ups regularily.. like the mini flakes Im working through at the moment..lol..

anyway the recipe for the smoothie... it makes about 500mls
    pinapple juice.. 1 cup ish, milk, yogurt 2 tablespoons, handful of goji berries (soaked in the juice overnight) kiwifruit, 1/2 banana, handfull frozen blueberries, 15mls chlorophyll, 5mls fish oil, 2 tablespoons lethicin, 1 tablespoon chia seeds, 1 heaped tablespoon of LSA (linseed, sunflower,Almond) 2 heaped tablespoons of protein powder (natures way one) 1 tablespoon- barley grass, wheat grass, alkalising greens powder (I use the morelife ones) and some vanilla milkshake flavour... then I mix it all up... the drink is quite chunky and thick and can be quite hard going at times... but it seems to work.. I really have not changed things too much in my diet..except the no white bread, sweets

oh and it sounds like we will be cycling together.. Im due to start stimming around sept 5th

fort.. thanks for the support... dreading my appetite going up when I start prednisone on friday
    Last edited by micca; 21-08-2012 at 20:01.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to micca For This Useful Post:

wanabemum  (22-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Fingerscrossd11 View Post
    Update: 8 fertilized and dr is still putting 3 in. Gulp. My DP is fine about it I'm the one worrying
    (((3))) good grief my FS fights me suggesting 2.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF Over 40 #4

Quote Originally Posted by Fortitude View Post
    (((3))) good grief my FS fights me suggesting 2.
    Well first cycle two went in, one took but went no further, we had one frostie left but that didn't take. This is our 2nd cycle. Just hope at least one takes

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi All

Micca - thanks for the recipe for your shake. I know you must get sick of people asking but what are the other supplements and the regime that you are following at the moment? I printed a list of the things you posted a while ago but I cant find it now and I feel like my own diet has got a bit off track as I find it always does when I do a cycle. Your success and discipline is inspiring.

Fortitude - how are you going? Love that sticky little one! Woohoo! Welcome to the two week waiting game. x

Net - hello? havent heard from you for a while. How are you going? We are cycling together, you me and Fortitude at the moment. I hope all is well with you.

Musicalgirl - I hear ya! I too have put on about 8- 10kgs or so since I started the IVF game. I wonder how many other women out thre have similar experiences?

Fingerscrossed - I hope that at least one of the 3 take. Good luck!

AFM - I am due for my final BT on Friday to find out how this cyle has gone. So inevitably the question comes up of should I or shouldn't I POAS. I am 13dpiui and 8dp since my last hcg booster of 5000iu. Hate these last few days of waiting..dang! If its a negative I have a backup plan: a boozy lunch with the girls on saturday and blonde streaks in my hair next week

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry I've been out of the loop everyone. I've joined too many forums etc and get a bit lost with where I'm at on all of them. I have had quite sore boobs but yesterday woke up and they weren't sore at all. I indulged in a POAS and it was negative so not feeling too hopeful at the moment. That caused me to commit and post my ad on Egg Donation Australia for donor embryos. I had my knitting group last night and one of the ladies there is pregnant but very considerate of me so I don't find it too confronting. Work is a different story. My clinic didn't tell me when to come in for my BT so I've just decided to go in next Monday. Not sure I want bad news at work so yet to decide on a sickie or not. Where the POAS is at may decide it. Wannabe, may follow in your back-up plan footsteps, they sound like good ones.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Net3811 For This Useful Post:

wanabemum  (22-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wanabemum View Post
    AFM - I am due for my final BT on Friday to find out how this cyle has gone. So inevitably the question comes up of should I or shouldn't I POAS. I am 13dpiui and 8dp since my last hcg booster of 5000iu. Hate these last few days of waiting..dang! If its a negative I have a backup plan: a boozy lunch with the girls on saturday and blonde streaks in my hair next week
    Id do a POAS friday morning and then saturday morning with a first response and if both are negative then go for the boozy lunch with gusto...the hcg will be out of your system now and should not interfere with the test.
    Ill PM my list of vitamins

10. The Following User Says Thank You to micca For This Useful Post:

wanabemum  (22-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    net.. bugger about the neg POAS... how many days are you know??
    sounds like the egg donor site is going to be a winner with you... and hopefully this time next year you will be in labour...... once the decision for donor eggs is made your chances are very high of it succeeding.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF Over 40 #4

Nett it may still be too soon how many days after transfer are u?
    Wannabemum have u tested?? Is official bt tomorrow??
    Micca great with weight loss😄😄
    Hi everyone else I hope yr well xxx

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF Over 40 #4

Acupuncture, transfer, acupuncture. Busy day for us!