ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 101 of 116 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1151
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Tens.... how are you? ...celebrating I hope

Anxious... enjoy those hot chips...make sure they are the takaway ones dripping in fat and chicken salt ... yum yum

Thanks
    Reviews
    Micca that's an awesome result. At the best I got 3 eggs hence the one frozen, and they weren't great quality, I was on all of the stuff you mentioned too. You should be in for a positive result in September v

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, I am new to this thread. I am TTC using IVF ICSI for the forth time. I don't respond well to the FSH injections - only get few eggs but usually all fertilise. I am scared that my reserve is very low.

I am 30, DH is 46. I have one biochemical pregnancy, one cancelled cycle, one negative and one BFP but I miscarried at 7 weeks... Today is my day 1 for a new cycle. I am so scared that my reserve is very low...

Any advice..?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by micca View Post
    fort just to give you hope... my eggs were 41.8yrs old with my DD... ...So you have a few more goes left in those young eggs in my books..lol
    Thanks Micca, I appreciate the encouragement at the moment. I am just feeling a bit low and negative after the chem preg then the cancelled FET. BUT after guzzling lots of vitamins (your recommended regime...) I am hoping that these next eggs will be 'well adjusted' little potential souls!
    Sounds like you have thrown every last thing at your next cycle-
    I hope it goes brilliantly.

Fortitude

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome katfer,

You are certainly not over 40 as a 30yo... but perhaps with a potentially low reserve you feel your body may be 40+? Sounds like you have faced many of the pitfalls of IVF. Frustrating and heartbreaking for sure. (((HUGS))) Sounds like your DH is definately in our over 40s club.
    Just wondering, did they test your reserve levels yet? What sort of FSH injection levels have they tried so far? Last time I started at 350- then raised to 375. Next cycle (due any time) I will be on 400. Got 6 eggs- all fertilised, but only 2 to blasty.
    One thing worth considering is the quality of your DH sperm. I know my DH's is... bit fragmented. Which makes the whole thing worse. My FS said if I had a younger man chances might improve- I know if things keep failing I am going to bluntly ask if donor sperm is worth considering. But in the meantime we keep using PICSI.
    Are you on any vitamins or anything else? Micca is your girl for advice on that- she's awesome and the legend.

Welcome,
    Fortitude

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd like to say that Egg Donation Australia are a different group. I found them more welcoming that Aussie Egg donors. You also did not have to wait a specific time before placing an ad, you can place one straight away but you do need to remain active on the site. Two weeks with no posts and your ad would be removed.

Victorians need to get permission from the Minister for Health before being able to place an ad on the site because of Vic laws. That said, I don't think it is difficult as there's several Vic couples on there. Many couples advertise for egg donors or surrogates so I don't think that other information is correct. Surrogacy is legal if it is for medical reasons.

It is protocol for "intended parents" (IPs) to place an ad and be active on the site. Potential donors will get to know you from your activity and if they feel comfortable and that you'll be a good match, they'll approach you. Never the other way round! Ever! It is very much like an open adoption. There's also possibility to pay for the donor to travel to you or for you to travel to the donor, if you are interstate. It is a good idea to state if you are willing to travel or not.

Everyone on the site has been very heartfelt and the donors are just amazing women. Not just the generosity of what they are doing but how much they care about the result. There's not hundreds on there, probably because only those who are serious tend to sustain the activity necessary to remain on the site and be known. That said, I've seen occasions where people have got a donor within a couple of weeks of advertising. Other times, a year or more. How long it takes varies. I think you get a quicker result if you are better known on the site but where you are and what donors are there also makes a difference. Being single, of course has an impact. Some people don't believe in single parenthood being as acceptable or desirable so even in clinics, don't tick that box.

the counselling is fairly straightforward and generally just there to make sure you understand all the issues that may come up. There is one counsellor who's notorious for being awful but that is generally not just in relation to egg donation.

What each of you want from the experience, ie some would like some contact with the child, some wouldn't has an impact in the mutual decision. It is very personal. Depending how a clinic works, you may get a medicare rebate on both cycles or only on yours. The reason I'm not looking so much at egg donation is that I can't afford the full cost of a donor cycle plus my transfer. As I'm using donor sperm already it makes more sense for me to use donor embryos from that perspective too. Egg and embryo donors have generally completed their family but not always. It is very individual.
    Last edited by Net3811; 26-07-2012 at 23:14.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Net3811 For This Useful Post:

Fortitude  (27-07-2012),wanabemum  (27-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anxious - sending lots of big hugs .....hang in there xx

Quote Originally Posted by Anxious View Post
    10dp3dt - First Response HPT - BFN Final BT Monday

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just popping in to see how everyone is
    Last edited by Net3811; 27-07-2012 at 14:17.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Net3811 View Post
    Just popping in to see how everyone is
    Hey Annette, I just worked out from another thread that you and will be cycling at almost the same time!! My AF is due Tuesday. Cool huh?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

I previously sent a message but with a huge typo - I am 39 years old not 30...! I wish I was still 30...then I would not be as stressed that my time is running out...

I have been reading what you ladies are writing about egg donors...and the information on supplements...thanks for posting the information...

I am trying again - my 4th stim cycle....i started yesterday...I am on 450 gonal f but the doctor wants to scan early to check if he needs to put me up to 600...I think that is the highest... The doctor wants me to get more eggs - I don't know how to do that...!! I am on weekly accupuncture and my naturopath has put me on many supplements plus I started yoga and have lost 5kgs so I am close to my BMI...
    I don't know what else to do... any suggestions?
    Is anyone starting or on a new cycle now?