Closed Thread
Page 100 of 116 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1151
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Micca and Fort you both make me laugh.
    I agree Tens, we want to know now.
    Fort I totally understand the down not out, After my miscarriage was my lowest point and I really thought at first I couldn't bear any more, slowly it faded and like you, I keep looking ahead to what I can try next. I can recommend Egg Donation Australia. They are a lovely group and welcome to whatever stage you are at,. I'm a thinker in there so haven't posted an ad or thread although I'm active in the forum. Feel free to ask me any questions you may have. My sympathies on the failed thaw. As I won't be doing any more IVF, I don't think I'll have to face that, nevertheless it is one of my nightmares.

Rock on everyone

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Net3811 For This Useful Post:

Fortitude  (26-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tens - yes it's our little crazy time. I have travelled down South with friends for a little break, well really, trying to make time move along! I will HPT Thursday morning...let us keep thinking positive its the only way to go, I'm actually chocking on my words, dam-it! No preg signs happening here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Anxious xoxoxo good luck. Thinking +ve thoughts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Net3811 View Post
    I can recommend Egg Donation Australia. They are a lovely group and welcome to whatever stage you are at,. I'm a thinker in there so haven't posted an ad or thread although I'm active in the forum. Feel free to ask me any questions you may have. My sympathies on the failed thaw. As I won't be doing any more IVF, I don't think I'll have to face that, nevertheless it is one of my nightmares.
    Thanks for the sympathy. Appreciated.

I have no clue about donor eggs/ embryos. Does the site explain it all? I think I might go lurk and have a look there thanks. The main thing I am worried about is if my eggs are too old when will I know? Then how long (if ever...) will it take to find donor eggs? Then I wonder what restrains are on donor eggs- ie are they similar to an open adoption? closed? hmmm no clue. Guess if I go lurk I will work some of these things out.

So with a ET with donor eggs isn't it still IVF? So you are after only donor embryo/s not eggs? Can you explain the 'why' to me? What are your plans from now?

Thanks
    Reviews
    10dp3dt - First Response HPT - BFN Final BT Monday

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Anxious View Post
    10dp3dt - First Response HPT - BFN Final BT Monday
    hugs anxious... will you try again to be sure tomorrow??
    go mad this weekend with comfort food some wine, massage...xxxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Micca - had last pregnal inject after HPT this morning, will test again Saturday or Sunday, I don't hold out much hope...I have no symptoms, where I did with DD. yep junk food is the go, starting with hot chips!!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default I researched the options and this is what I found.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortitude View Post
    Thanks for the sympathy. Appreciated.

I have no clue about donor eggs/ embryos. Does the site explain it all? I think I might go lurk and have a look there thanks. The main thing I am worried about is if my eggs are too old when will I know? Then how long (if ever...) will it take to find donor eggs? Then I wonder what restrains are on donor eggs- ie are they similar to an open adoption? closed? hmmm no clue. Guess if I go lurk I will work some of these things out.

So with a ET with donor eggs isn't it still IVF? So you are after only donor embryo/s not eggs? Can you explain the 'why' to me? What are your plans from now?
    Our eggs decline at a great rate after 35, so the docs will say your eggs are old, however, some women still have a great ovarian reserve and they would have tested that. My reserve was low which is why I started looking at other options, I also was feeling enough was enough with the IVF cycle.

Yes donor eggs are an IVF cycle the donor does the first half and you do the second I guess I had a glimmer of hope because the donor was almost half my age so much better quality eggs. You can continue IVF for as long as the clinics will allow, however some, includng the one I went too didnt want to continue doing cycles after you turn 42 and having a low ovarian reserve they told me my chances were very slim. So its up to you and your clinic. From my point of view in hidsight i should have gone the donor route sooner i spent so much money...

I researched every option as I wasn't sure if I would be able to have a child even using donor eggs and here is what I found.

Australia, donors are hard to come by, the aussie egg donor website requires you to be a member for a period of time before you can approach a potential donor there are hundreds of women and barely any donors. Once a donor is found you and your partner need to go for counselling session, the donor and her partner also needs to have a session. once deemed fit the donation can go ahead and it needs to be registered in the event the child wants to meet the donor parent in the future. you can claim some of the expense from medicare. i found from my research that the australian gov frowned upon egg donation and were looking at banning it all together. you can not advertise for a donor and donors do not get paid.

o/s egg donations. Donors are easy to come by and most countries have an anonimous donation programme. Costs vary America charging the most.

If you have a friend or relative who will donate for you you could always do the cycle in thailand or india and therefore have a nice holiday and an anonimous donation.

Adoption domestic, nearly impossible to do, there are very rarely kids looking to be adopted, they are usually fostered til their parents are able to take them back again.

Adopion international, takes between 5 to 10 years, when I was looking into this option, some countries would only adopt a couple of babies internationally a year and there was a waitlist of 90+ couples for each country.

Fostering, you must be a stay at home parent.

With adoption and fostering every inch of your life is picked apart by the government agency to make sure you can look after the child.

Surrogacy, pretty much outlawed here in australia, the person who gives birth is deemed the parent and you then have to adopt the child from them no money can exchange hands this is even if the surrogate has used your egg and your hubbies swimmers. You go through the same adoption critieria as everyone else too.

Surrogacy overseas, America, Thailand and India have good reputations. Thailand and india do not have many caucasian donors though. South African no surrogacy allowed for persons living outside south africa.

I arrived at the decision to try egg donor first, south africa being the cheapest option with caucasian donors and would also send the eggs internationally was my best option. If it didn't work and I couldnt carry a child I would then have the remaining eggs sent to India or Thailand, they cant be sent to Australia qarantine laws or something like that. Thankfully it did work as the donor eggs weren't the best so i didn't freeze the rest of them.

You shouldn't have to worry about it though. Im sure you will have a positive result really soon.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JodiW For This Useful Post:

Fortitude  (26-07-2012),wanabemum  (27-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jodi- thank you so so so much for all that valuable information. I really appreciate you sharing your research. Some of the things I knew, but alot I didn't.
    Hmm so much food for thought. I wish I did know a suitable donor, but sadly no.
    I will keep trying with my eggs for a while yet for sure.

xoxox THANKS again,
    Fortitude

Thanks
    Reviews
    fort just to give you hope... my eggs were 41.8yrs old with my DD... and I had a good ovarian reserve... got 22eggs and had 14 fertilise of which I got 2 blasts and 3 frozen... my last cycle at 43.6yrs only one ovary fired up and I managed 8 eggs... but it was an oversuppressed cycle.. still managed a bfp... my fingers are crossed that after 3 months of rest, loosing a few kilos, chinese herbs and acupuncture as well as a zillion vitamins and dhea I will have a good result.. Ill be 44 this try and I know that the chances are slim but it will probably be my last try... So you have a few more goes left in those young eggs in my books..lol

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to micca For This Useful Post:

Fortitude  (26-07-2012),wanabemum  (27-07-2012)