Closed Thread
Page 1 of 116 1231151101 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default IVF Over 40 #4

leanne... Im so happy that you are able to start again so quickly..so just a little hiccup... yay for putting 2 frosties back in lets hope that things are optimal for this time...

lilwish.... use your 2-3 weeks wisely... lets hope that the japanese acu is doing its stuff... my guy has also given me moxa sticks to do at home on points on my ankles for the uterus and stomach to help..which I do daily... If you are not taking any prednisone- 10mg daily and aspirin 100mg I would start now... it has been shown to improve any unknown immune issues and often works the best 30 days prior to egg collection.. I know it worked for me..

lilbirdy... hope you are going ok...

well scan today all ok lining good... ? a bit of fluid in uterus.. FS did not seem too concerned at all.and thought it might be mucus...and he seems pretty conservative on this side of things. so I now just cruise...still not feeling excited about this cycle at all... remain super duper tired... had 2hr nap this afternoon with DD...not sure how I will be able to work with this level of tiredness.. Ive got 2 days of metronidazole left so Im hoping that it will improve when I stop this. I also increased my prednisone from 10mg-25mg today...so that should help as well.. and should help with any remaining inflammaton. Anyway off to bed...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Micca: Hi and thank you for the welcome, l hope you are recovering well and good luck for your upcoming FET How much DHEA should i be taking and do i get it from a chemist or health food shop?

Lilibirdy: Hi and thank you for the welcome also, i'm so sorry about your bfn

Leannep: Hi and also thanks for the welcome good luck with you FET this month

AFM: I've decided not to have the procedures done, you see the FS is not my usual FS and l get the feeling he is just wanting to do the procedures because he is a surgeon, i want a second opinion from my FS but l cant get in to see him until mid January, hence the reason why l agreed to see this other one. The thing is i'm implating each time with ivf but miscarrying so i asked him if endo would be causing my m/c and he said no so to me my issue is genetic, chromosomal, so now i'm delayed doing my next cycle anyway so might as well wait for my next appt in Jan. But, i'm going to try and get in for my nurses appt next week so i can start jabbing when AF arrives in a week or so...

Hi to everyone else

Thanks
    Reviews
    embryos thawed today ....I thought they were thawing tomorrow... aparently warren likes day 6 transfers..WTF.??. thanks for telling me...
    anyway.. my 9 cell star remains a 9 cell.... my 8 cell is down to a 4 cell and the 6 cell is at 4 cells.... so its a wait for the next 24hrs to see how their growth goes and then the big decision as to wait until thursday or do an earlier transfer.So a nervous 24hr wait for me until I chat with the scientist again.... what were everyone elses post thaw embryos like? much cell loss... I know success is decreased with >50% cell loss...ahhhh I thought FETs were supposed to be easier...so far it has been way harder than a fresh cycle... Dr google is certainly getting a workout...lol..
    what was the cell loss rate for everyones thawed embies??

catchick...I put in some articles that may help. I would certainly do the hystereoscopy and endometrial biopsy.. for 2 reasons it increases implantation in the next 3 cycles and if you have a low grade endometritis it will be picked up which is a cause of implantation failure... Im more aware of it now after having it found last week and I was completely asymptomatic. I would really wonder if your pregnancies are immune problems.. if you had chromosome issues you would not get so many failed implantations... I would research immune factors and ask the FS to test for them all... and then maybe do a cycle as if you had them.. ie clexane, aspirin, prednisone.

http://humrep.oxfordjournals.org/con...1/12/3036.full

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies -- haven't posted for a while -- was finding it a little too hard to a) keep up and b) deal with all that goes on here. I have tried to keep track reading the emails but this is such a busy thread at times ... soooooo -- hugs to all those in need of them at the moment and lots of baby dust to all .

Best of luck for the FET Micca !!

AFM -- just failed my 8th transfer (made it to blood test this time -- but that was probably the crinone). Now have to decide what to do next. I will be 44 in March next year (eek) so I am guessing time is running out although that is the age my mother had me. I am hoping we can get a few more cycles in before then -- at least the new clinic does the shorter cycle and surprising the results are no worse than the super long one ! Hopefully they will still keep going with me. I have been doing DHEA for the last couple of months and the one we just lost was probably the best embryo we have had so far ...

Sorry for the me post -- I will aim to do more personals next time !

Thanks
    Reviews
    cjm....... so sorry to hear about another bfn...but you sound nice and positive.. do you take melatonin as well? 3mg at night.... you can get it from the usa or some australian internet places..it has been shown to also increase embryo quality.....

big hugs

waiting waiting for the scientists report in 4 hrs...sigh to see how the embies have gone... and then the decision to transfer on the weds am or thurs am.
    at least I have a visit to ikea to distract me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quick post sorry!!
    Micca have you heard from them yet?? I hope they are going well xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    just got back to the coast from brissie.... had acpuncture which was great....
    embryos still growing...
    9 cell star --->morula--- all my hopes on this rockstar.

8 cell -->4cell --> compacting --- prob wont be a great blast
    6cell --> 3 cell --> compacting... not holding out any hope for this one

so the scientist will call me at around 730am for a report and then I will make a decision as to whether to transfer weds or wait another day...if I did tomorrow I would have to be at QFG by 9am... not sure of traffic and its an hours drive..so a bit of a nightmare. and would not be able to fit in the pre acpuncture... sigh... never a perfect solution.
    So Ive just tucked in to some tiger prawns...yummo... I actually have inadvertantly done the same things that I did for arabella... Ikea the day prior, prawns.. hmmmm lets hope the combo works...
    its like playing russian roulette with a loaded gun at the moment with all my hopes pinned on the rockstar....
    so 730am tomorrow

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mica I'm hoping that early phone call brings you news of a gorgeous embie, and maybe a bonus one or two !! And that your day-before-ET routine is a great omen !!

Cjm, sorry about this cycle, and hope you can get the clinic to cooperate on a few more ! Best of luck. X

Leannep how are you ?

AFM, think I might've jumped the gun a bit thinking I could go straight into an FET - for some reason I thought it was ok but it's my previous clinic that did FET straight after stim, don't think FS will let me here. I looked back at the two stims I've had at current clinc, and I sat out a month after one (and got a BFP with next FET) and had an endo biopsy after another, so def no go. I have a follow up appt with FS next Tues.

Im hoping for some advice. Today I started toying with the idea of doing a Dec stim cycle as our final full cycle ever, which would be a kind of resolution to end this journey one way or the other - ie working with anything we get from that stim, plus our 3 frosties and hoping one of those is our lucky one. I guess my crazy logic is if I'm committing to one more stim in this journey (which would be 6 total), it makes sense to have it sooner rather than later from an egg health /timing perspective. And I can get it in before the end of the calendar year & the Medicare threshold resets. Plus, if I have maybe 5 frosties (2 from a new cycle, and 3 already frozen), then my very very distant dream for two bubbas might stay alive. (I know, sounds crazy to be dreaming about two when I can't get one in my arms yet)

Then again, if I DIDNT do the stim cycle, I could still fit an FET in before Xmas, even if though I have to sit out November. If I have a Dec stim cycle, I'd have to sit out January with my clinic's policy. And if the FET worked, I'd be on my way.

Sigh, sorry for the ramble. I realise this is my decision and many variables ... but does anyone have thoughts on what they'd do ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    back from transfer decided at 8am to do it today due to the embies started to look like they were struggling a bit... So I was on the road by 830am... thankfully the drive was ok and no stressful traffic

I put 3 back in...
    rockstar... had begun to form an innercell mass..so still hope for the little guy to make a great blast...my only hope
    8cell... remained morula but growing
    6 cell... sickly...poor wee thing needs cuddles put back in only because of my age

Warren was just so lovely...made me sing a ditty as he did the transfer... I had acpuncture about 20mins later and felt quite relaxed with the valium on board... although I left the other 2 tabs at qfG.grrrr..might have to have a beer instead.
    I had to go back to QFG though as they forgot the blood test after acpuncture..duh
    . So Im back at home (goldcoast) ..relaxing on the couch.. having tea and biscuits... what will be will be... not holding out much hope though... so it will be shopping on saturday I think...lol..
    and just getting on with it... I fly back home on monday..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oooooh, good luck Micca, you have a few options there. The stickiest of sticky vibes to you !! Safe travels back home.

Hope everyone else is doing okay.

AFM, still can't decide whether to do the stim cycle this year as our last stim & then just work with my frosties. Mmmmmm.