+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Another miscarriage or still hope?

Hi all!
    I'm driving my husband nuts with my being so depressed and sad the last few days, thought it time to ask for some of your opinions & appreciate you all listening
    Soooo, I'm pregnant. About 9 weeks at the moment, bit unsure as I had a miscarriage before this one and my cycles were all over the place. On Wednesday night, the 2nd, I had some brown spotting, very very tiny amount, and some contraction like tightnesses. This is what worried me, as it is what started my last miscarriage. That one progressed into heavy bleeding within a couple of days whereas this one hasn't done anything since.
    I just had some very tiny spotting on Thursday morning after a BM, it was more yellowy brown than bloody.
    I called the doc and she sent me for an ultrasound. Bubba measured 7 weeks 3 days which is much younger than she should be.... Also, she could not find a heart beat and said that for that size we should really see a heartbeat. Everything else was fine. I do have a tilted uterus, you think that makes any difference?
    I also had a hcg test which was 68233 on thursday afternoon. Doc still had good hopes at this stage.
    On Friday went to talk to doc about the ultrasound, and did another hcg test which had dropped (aaaaah!) to 59000. Doc seems to be losing hope at this point.
    I have another ultrasound on thursday, but just wondered what my chances are here? Should I keep hope or get used to the idea of losing a second little darling baby? I'm quite devastated as it is.....
    Lots of strength to all in the same boat, it's horrible losing 1, let alone 2 in a row! I have an 18 month old daughter already, she's gorgeous and had shoulder distochia with her, you think maybe it's damaged something?
    Love, El

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I just wanted to give you massive hugs!
    TBH it doesn't sound very promising but I hope I am wrong.
    GBH!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Huge hugs xo

This is never easy. I've now had 4 miscarriages and they never get any easier. Though I do give up hope quicker.

My last m/c in March, I had a scan at 6 weeks and there was nothing in the sac. Bled a bit when I got home after that, then BT the next day and my HCG had dropped a little from 58500 to 57000 (or something around there). I gave up all hope after the drop in HCG, but my FS made me hold onto hope after the next scan.

I've heard of HCG drops and still a healthy pregnancy, but only in the case of a "disappearing twin"

I truly hope it's good news for you

Xo

4. The Following User Says Thank You to nat84u For This Useful Post:

Chew the Mintie (12-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Hope things turn out ok however with dropping numbers it may not

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks to everyone
    I'm driving myself nuts and now it feels like my belly is also getting smaller - it was quite big for only 9 weeks so maybe it was a twin? Clutching straws now though aren't I. Probably should get used to the idea of losing it...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,

I've not had experience with dropping levels as I have never been blood tested to check but wanted to share.

I bleed every pregnancy. Not a lot, particularly after a BM. It starts at around 5 weeks and generally lasts til around 11ish weeks. I have miscarried twice but also have 3 children and another on the way in around 5 weeks. Just the way my body does pregnancy. Hope this brings some comfort, I know how stressful it can all be!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    i just wanted to say never give up hope
    and huge hugs

9. The Following User Says Thank You to jess_live_die For This Useful Post:

ellsie (06-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nat84u View Post
    Huge hugs xo

This is never easy. I've now had 4 miscarriages and they never get any easier. Though I do give up hope quicker.

My last m/c in March, I had a scan at 6 weeks and there was nothing in the sac. Bled a bit when I got home after that, then BT the next day and my HCG had dropped a little from 58500 to 57000 (or something around there). I gave up all hope after the drop in HCG, but my FS made me hold onto hope after the next scan.

I've heard of HCG drops and still a healthy pregnancy, but only in the case of a "disappearing twin"

I truly hope it's good news for you

Xo
    Thanks Nat, so sorry about your losses! Do you know what the reason is for your mc's? Don't know how many times I want to go through this - feel so bad for you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Amused View Post
    Hi,

I've not had experience with dropping levels as I have never been blood tested to check but wanted to share.

I bleed every pregnancy. Not a lot, particularly after a BM. It starts at around 5 weeks and generally lasts til around 11ish weeks. I have miscarried twice but also have 3 children and another on the way in around 5 weeks. Just the way my body does pregnancy. Hope this brings some comfort, I know how stressful it can all be!
    I reckon that's what I'll do next time (if this bubba doesn't stick) - not have any tests until like 12 weeks. That's what I did with DD and I never knew otherwise. I would still be blissfully unaware!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls
    You were right; my bubba is not to be. Second ultrasound showed no growth since 7 weeks 3 days (I should be nearly 11) and no heartbeat. My bubba has not left me yet but there is no more hope for us. Miss you already bubba.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ellsie For This Useful Post:

Chew the Mintie (12-11-2011)