ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    heeeeerekittykitty is offline My babies, my cats ....ahhhh , bliss !!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thank you so so much to every single one of you for your feedback and support and opinions . I feel so much better just to have gotten it off my chest .

FL - it would have been good if I'd been able to come yesterday, compare the munchkins :-) that's incredible about your son and he's sudden speech !! I really hope that's what happens with DS, but I've been waiting since 16 months for this and it just ain't happening !

I think I may just have to wait out the six months and see how he develops. I know early intervention is the key if there are speech or other issues but I think I'd class waiting till just over 2 as early intervention still.

Thank you again everyone . I am really hoping in a year from now I read this back and realise I was worrying for nothing ( fingers crossed ).

Your all great and bh never fails to give me wonderful advice and support . THANKYOU

Me  Dh

DS - 20 months 
    DD - 6 months 

heeeeerekittykitty is offline My babies, my cats ....ahhhh , bliss !!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smileygirl View Post
    i'm not sure on the speech delay...but one thing i noticed is you said how "active" he is and also the noise sensitivity...which i have had lots of issues with my boy.

Have you ever heard of sue dengate and the failsafe diet?

If you want to do something now...you could look at doing the elimination diet she suggests and see if that helps with the noise and activity levels. With my son, it totally changed his behaviours in about 4-5 days.

I am not in any way saying you are not feeding him a healthy diet...things like grapes send my son troppo...but he can have loads of sugar and even macca's fries with no issue.

Anyway, it's just a suggestion of something you could try now and see if it helps. I know a fair few mums that have tried it with great success...some kids with autism, some with adhd and some just sensitive to additives and colourings and amines and sals like my boy.

There is a website if you google her name.
    Sorry I forgot mention this , thank you ! I have been reading up on this alot lately and been on her website as he's really really active and I do often think that some foods I give him are possibly adding to this . Thx again xoxo

MUNCHIES MUMMY - DS has major ear issues also . The ENT will review in another month if he should get grommets in . This isn't affecting he's speech though as each time the ENT has checked the ears there has only been minor fluid build up on one ear.

Yep DS is the same , it doesn't have to be something scary . Annie from Little Einsteins comes on the tv and he loses it ! Never considered thigh that he's constant ear infections could be causing some hearing sensitivity !

Me  Dh

DS - 20 months 
    DD - 6 months 

Thanks
    Reviews
    As your pead said there are definitely big negative signs to your son having autism. He may have a sound sensitivity, many people have different sensitivities that may be his, a good way to test is to introduce different sounds through the week and see if he is having strong reactions to loud, high pitch, layered or fast sounds. There are therapies to help with this, and his sensitivity to sound may be affecting his speech. BUT, some kids do just speak later, as another person commented sometimes kids just click one day and they learn at a rapid pace. Wait the 6 months, better to get a definite result than having your son pigeon-holed and put through things he doesn't need.