+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default vbac or elective c-section

I am almost 39 weeks. Several weeks ago we had an ultrasound and baby was in a good position. SO I thought since baby is not posterior as my DD was, I might give a vbac a go since I didn't experience a normal labour with DD. I was induced and it was a very traumatic labour. http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...rth&highlight=
    Yesterday I discovered that baby is also kind of posterior. Just worried that this baby will get stuck also like my DD did, who was a 4kg baby.

I am doubting myself. DH thinks that it will happen naturally. The doctors are letting me go up to 41 weeks and if I don't go into labour they will book a c-section. I do have problems with my pelvis as I did fall at 11 weeks pregnant with my DD, so I go physio weekly to help with the pain. I also have tachycardia again this time round, see a cardiologist weekly. He did say that I will be monitored better during a c-section. If I do labour naturally and my heart rate goes above 160bpm for 30mins then they will give me an emergency c-section. Last pregnancy I spent a week in hospital so they can run test to see why my heart beats so fast. This pregnancy spent 3 days in ICU as pulse went up to 170 and I kind of passed out.

Cant decide what to do. DO i continue with the trial of labour and risk having an emergency c-section or do I just book an elective c-section?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would just give it a go, I am going for a VBac with no 2 as DS was e/csec , there are so many hormonal and emotional benefits and recovery benefits too of your body going into labour naturally even if you do t progress at least you know you tried in stead of wondering iykwim that's my honest opinion happy decision making and dont stress it xo

Me and Dh married Since 07
    DS1 born OCT 2010

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi sugarplum, I am in a similar situation, but only 20wks. I cant advise you, but I have made the decision to go for VBAC if I go into spontaneous labour by 41wks, otherwise csection again. The reason is that last time I was induced and it all went bad. I figure if bub wants to come and my body can do it, then I will go into labour naturally. If not, I am.at peace with having a csection. The only thing I am worried about is another emergency csection but trying not to think about that. I feel more at ease now that I have made that decision. Good luck with yours.

Sent from my LG-P500 using Bubhub

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MummaOJ For This Useful Post:

Sugarplum2809 (02-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I say go for labour. Your medical team sound great, and because you're ok with having a c-sec then IF the labour doesn't go to plan because of your heart or bub, you will be prepared for that :-) so for lack of a better phrase 'theres nothing to it'!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Personally I'm all for elec c-sections. Mine was all "wham bam there's ya baby ma'am!"

None of this labour, pushing, heaving and groaning. And I'm all about the destination not the journey.

Plus I got to say two days longer at hospital and the food was glorious!

It depends if you will feel "cheated" by not giving birth naturally. I think it's a very personal choice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Write a list of pros and cons for each. What do you want to do deep down?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would do elective c section. No mystery. No risk of further back injury. Easier to recover from than an emergency one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i agree with hokey pokey list the pros and cons and im sure youll realises what you really want. im not in your situation but i had an elective CS first time round and i feel cheeated for never feeling a real contration . I hope you find the answer your looking for

Thanks
    Reviews
    The doctors said the pros and cons.
    Just really doubting myself and keeping on thinking that the baby will get stuck like my DD did if it is over 4kg

Thanks
    Reviews
    What did the doctor suggest?