Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bellalika View Post
    Well said.

DS2 is has an obstinate streak and I know he can be a handful. Still, I deal with him and try my best to minimize the disturbance of others, usually my maximizing it for myself.
    But the mother was trying to deal with the child. She wasn't ignoring her, she was trying to soothe and comfort. We dont know anything about her or why she was out that day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't see how this is news.

From reading the comments the cafe seems child friendly but yes there is a line. Just because I have a child doesn't mean I have the right to have him/her scream down a room where other people have paid to relax/have a chat/enjoy a break in their day.

Get a take away cup or take your child outside to calm them down. Yes mums deserve a break and a coffee in a nice place (other than the lounge room) but honestly choose a time when your kid's a little more likely to be pleasant!

**Coming to you live from my iPhone**

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Simple.

The cafe owner is an idiot and has probably just lost himself a massive amount of business considering how many parents have now read this article absolute moron. I'm sure he feels about 2 feet tall at the moment though so I do feel a spec of sympathy for him I guess.

Really hope the bubby and mummy are OK

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EmmyCatMummy View Post
    I don't see how this is news.

From reading the comments the cafe seems child friendly but yes there is a line. Just because I have a child doesn't mean I have the right to have him/her scream down a room where other people have paid to relax/have a chat/enjoy a break in their day.

Get a take away cup or take your child outside to calm them down. Yes mums deserve a break and a coffee in a nice place (other than the lounge room) but honestly choose a time when your kid's a little more likely to be pleasant!

Well child friendly means that you welcome children, not just went they are being angels. People don't go up to loud adults and ask them to leave. Or morons having loud phone conversations. It seems that adults can be noisy but children have to be silent otherwise people are annoyed.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alexander Beetle For This Useful Post:

cmd'smum  (13-09-2012),Lillynix  (23-10-2011),Pinkzy  (23-10-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well if the mother feels so hard done by, guess we'll wait for the outcome of her complaint to the Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commission.

Oh wait, she hasn't made a complaint! Wonder why?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to InBetween For This Useful Post:

DaddyLarge  (23-10-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    If he can't cope with a upset customer he shouldn't be in the cafe business.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

Pinkzy  (23-10-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    LOL, has anyone read the comments under the article?? yuppies haha!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wondergirl76 View Post
    Well child friendly means that you welcome children, not just went they are being angels. People don't go up to loud adults and ask them to leave. Or morons having loud phone conversations. It seems that adults can be noisy but children have to be silent otherwise people are annoyed.
    I doubt the cafe owner wants them silent - I assume he just doesn't want them screaming constantly. If an adult walked in and started dominating the soundscape I have no doubt the exact same thing would have happened.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nerdgirl99 For This Useful Post:

DaddyLarge  (23-10-2011),InBetween  (23-10-2011),TinyLittleTootsies  (23-10-2011)

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    haven't read responses, but it's the Leader who are owned by fairfax, so i don't believe a word they print especially about touchy subjects such as this one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i kind of wonder if it was a bit of knee-jerk reaction by the cafe owner - he says at the end of the article that he's had to put up with kids running around knocking things off tables etc so he 'had to draw the line somewhere' - i wonder if maybe he's been stewing over the issue for days/months and this mother and her crying child was just the final straw for him and he overreacted? it seems harsh to kick out a child who's only crying, if he's had kids there in the past doing much worse.