+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Happy birthday to your son, mothers instinct! I am meant to be getting ready for a step class, but am still in bed with a 3yo using my huge tummy as a pillow.

After punp and running yesterday, step should be interesting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thankyou Msmummy I would have gone with the spin over step class lol, i am so un-co with step but getting better, i am good with my footwork but as soon as i try getting my arms involved it just goes all downhill Have fun at your class, I am still in my pj's, only just drinking my morning shake, but my class isn't on for another 2 hours.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Oh, I am a bit hopeless at step. I often leave out the arms, and don't always do the option of moving around the step. I have a strong fear of falling off it.

I hve done all those les mills classes, and find step the trickiest, but such a good workout. For me, it burns as many calories as attack, but with less impact on ankles and knees.

Eta - 85.8 on scales this morning, down from 86.2 yesterday.
    Last edited by MsMummy; 26-10-2011 at 09:39.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg, sitting on the sofa recovering from step. Burnt 650 calories though. Have to find energy to have shower now, as my calf muscles are very angry.

Hoping to run again tonight When my partner gets home as it distracts from eating too much at night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I do the same thing msmummy! I go to the gym at night when dh gets home and it helps me say NO when he offers ice cream after dinner! I just went shopping and bought heaps of fruit and vege, fresh fish and NO treats! Now what to cook for dinner!!??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would like to shame myself again today...

Breakfast: 2 croissants and a mocha
    Morning Tea: 3 melting moments and a mocha
    Lunch: lrg fries from mcd's, med sprite, double choc mcflurry

...I feel guilty and totally disgusting.

Anyway, as a positive I went and got some of the Ultra Slim and loads of salad and thai dressing for dinner on the way home. Tomorrow I plan on not going out, aside from a walk to the beach so I am 100% I will be better tomorrow...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't worry rabbity, i had a shocker again aswell!

I had my morning shake, went to gym, then went to my parents where I attemped for the 3rd time DS2's Birthday cake.. massive fail again But I was happy to pig out on the batter I also had a piece of choc meriange cake that my mum made.. but that's about it, I missed my lunch shake.. oh wait i just remembered I had some roast chook and hot chippies that DP brought home earlier. Anyway hopefully i will be more in track tomorrow, I have no more events until chrissy so I should be able to stay on track

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Eating wasn't too bad today. I had muesli for breakfast, salad for lunch and a stir-fry for dinner. I did eat some lollies as a good friend of mine is Hindu and it's Diwali today, so I went and bought her some sweets, and got about 200gm for myself from one of those sweets shops. I have a session with my trainer in the morning. I want to lose at least 5kg before Christmas, but I seem to have no motivation.

lola77 is offline BH Advocate - Sydney: Northern Beaches
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi all,
    I'm on day 2 of bodytrim and my starting weight is 89kg. I've actually last 2kg since last Monday from doing lots of walking and trying to be conscientious about what I'm eating.
    I need to lose some weight, ideally about 15kg, to improve my fertility. I'm about to start my 5th IVF cycle this year and things are not looking promising. Got to try everything I can!
    My DS is 2 and whilst I lost all my baby weight quite quickly, I forgot to stop eating so much when I reduced the breast feeds and put it all back on and more!
    For those not familiar with bodytrim, it's supposed to be a long term eating plan. You essentially have a 3 day carb detox where you eat protein only 6 times a day, then move onto having a starchy carb with brekky( e.g. Eggs on toast), protein and veggies for lunch, protein and veggies for dinner, with 3 smaller protein snacks in between. Then you have a free day every week and a protein only day. I've never done a low carb diet before and I have a HUGE lolly addiction, so it'll be interesting to see how this goes. It's not too bad so far, just really boring eating so much meat! Today's menu was:
    - poached egg and smoked salmon
    - meatball snack
    - satay chicken (well, more like spicy/herby chicken as no peanuty sauce)
    - tuna snack
    - kangaroo kebabs
    - roast chickpea snack

I have a bulging disc so am not strong enough to do regular gym work at the moment. I'm going to the gym at my physio, so I can be monitored, doing a Pilates class, and trying to walk for an hour 3 times a week.

Looking at how much some of you are hitting the gym, I feel like a right slacker!

Good luck everyone!!
    Last edited by lola77; 26-10-2011 at 22:29.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lola, thanks for explaining bodytrim. I did carb counting for a week, and couldn't handle low carb, so I exercise more so I can indulge, but it's hard when you've got an injury.

Rabbity, sometimes you have to hit a low, and it snaps you back to good eating.

My phone battery is dying so will finish later