+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Parental permission is required to have your child watch a M rated movie in English so as long as parents are given the same option with this then I have no issue.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonhead View Post
    Parental permission is required to have your child watch a M rated movie in English so as long as parents are given the same option with this then I have no issue.
    I think it's needed for sex Ed too..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mummykitty View Post
    I think it's needed for sex Ed too..
    Is it? We had sex ed as a part of Health class, mum never had to sign anything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I agree. I don't mind if people are happy to let their children learn about it and even see video's about it but its not for me, and not for my children. Its different to sex education. Sex ed is there to mainly discuss contraception and avoiding pregnancy at the time children are at school. Breastfeeding ed would be about how to care for a baby and honestly, nobody would give a crap about it. The boys would be perving on any boob that was shown and the girls would hardly absorb any of it. Seriously, how many times in sex ed did we have to fill in the penis diagram with all the names of the bits and pieces...does anyone even remember where all those things are anymore lol???
    Maybe it could be covered in child studies then? fits more with the curriculum covered then?

We didn't get name the pen!s parts we got 'mummy and daddy machine' sheets was such a joke I was seriously like uhh wtf we aren't in primary school anymore anything else would've been more helpful

DaddyLarge is offline I put on my robe and wizard hat...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yeah I agree. I don't mind if people are happy to let their children learn about it and even see video's about it but its not for me, and not for my children. Its different to sex education. Sex ed is there to mainly discuss contraception and avoiding pregnancy at the time children are at school. Breastfeeding ed would be about how to care for a baby and honestly, nobody would give a crap about it. The boys would be perving on any boob that was shown and the girls would hardly absorb any of it. Seriously, how many times in sex ed did we have to fill in the penis diagram with all the names of the bits and pieces...does anyone even remember where all those things are anymore lol???
    I clearly remember being amused by how the front internal view of the female reproductive system looked startlingly similar to a ram's head. And how the word "vas deferens" always cracked me up.

Heh. Vas deferens.

As for breast feeding education in schools? There are a lot of things that would be beneficial if they were taught in schools, but the reality is that they are working under finite time constraints and resources. If there is enough time and money to teach them all, then go nuts.

If there isn't, though, then something has to give. I certainly wouldn't support breast feeding education if it came at the expense of the schools' core functions.

Schools are an ineffective and often dangerous way of teaching children about social issues. Some things are better learned elsewhere.
    Last edited by DaddyLarge; 22-10-2011 at 14:21.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DaddyLarge For This Useful Post:

~ElectricPink~  (24-10-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is it? We had sex ed as a part of Health class, mum never had to sign anything.
    We had basic health then we had sex Ed note was sent home to let them know and parents could opt out if they preferred a few did from memory but not many.. My parents had already taught me so I thought the class was a joke..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe it could be covered in child studies then? fits more with the curriculum covered then?

We didn't get name the pen!s parts we got 'mummy and daddy machine' sheets was such a joke I was seriously like uhh wtf we aren't in primary school anymore anything else would've been more helpful
    If they covered it in Childcare class then thats fine, because my DD will have to step over my dead body before she joins a bloody childcare class anyway hahaha.

Oh wow mummy and daddy machines...kinky

Thanks
    Reviews
    If they covered it in Childcare class then thats fine, because my DD will have to step over my dead body before she joins a bloody childcare class anyway hahaha.

Oh wow mummy and daddy machines...kinky
    Lol wow ok, why such strong views? I'd be happy as long as my kids passed their electives though admittedly id be bitterly disappointed if they didn't fail religious studies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyLarge View Post
    I clearly remember being amused by how the front internal view of the female reproductive system looked startlingly similar to a ram's head. And how the word "vas deferens" always cracked me up.

As for breast feeding education in schools? There are a lot of things that would be beneficial if they were taught in schools, but the reality is that they are working under finite time constraints and resources. If there is enough time and money to teach them all, then go nuts.

If there isn't, though, then something has to give. I certainly wouldn't support breast feeding education if it came at the expense of the schools' core functions.

Schools are an ineffective and often dangerous way of teaching children about social issues. Some things are better learned elsewhere.
    Vas deferens is the only thing I remember...and glans. Wtf is a glans? LOL

Yeah I would much prefer to be able to teach my own kids about this in an unbiased way. I don't want them coming away from it thinking they are stupid, and going to die of cancer or be obese because they were formula fed .

I think there is a lot more I would be wanting my kids to use their school time for. Breastfeeding is unimportant to me, I'd prefer to opt out of the class and have them spend it doing extra study in the library or something.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol wow ok, why such strong views? I'd be happy as long as my kids passed their electives though admittedly id be bitterly disappointed if they didn't fail religious studies
    Being an atheist who is sending my kids to a Catholic school I would crack up immensely if they failed Religion hahaha.

I think childcare class is a waste of time. I'm not paying thousands of dollars a year for their education for them to spend time learning how to change nappies. Its not a real subject, its a Mickey Mouse subject like Home Economics and Phys Ed haha.