+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    hi teeny, ohhhhh i know i can't wait for the next book either!

i think your theory in white text is correct! if you are interested in theories, check out this website:

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/

these guys are hardcore fans and have come up with some amazing theories/predictions about who is who, and how the story will end!

Hooves is offline My children/my legacy, the best of me is inside them.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I am halfway through Dance with Dragons, and I am officially in love with this series. It just keeps twisting and turning. There is no real predictability with this series. You think it will go one way, then you are slammed with something you don't expect. It is awesome.

I hope he has the next book almost completed. I can't get enough of them. They are all huge, and it has taken me no time to read the series really. I am going without sleep to read it.

I love the theories too. I haven't formed any real theories, about things, but I do want to see what happens with Rickon, and others who have disappeared. I love how the characters are changing and growing, with the story. Hardening up, even.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have finished the book!! All I can say right now is John Snow wtf!!!!

Actually, I will say something else Did you notice Aquarius that mention was made of Jaime going off with Brienne? Mentioned almost in passing, but an interesting development (I knew she wouldn't be dead!).

Brilliant book almost worth the wait! Now how long will we have to wait for the next one???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks for the link Aquarius! I'm still reading so many of the posts but am LOVING some of their ideas.
    aLL - I had the same reaction to Jon's final chapter in DwD but I think there is going to be more on it. There has to be! He, along with Arya and Tyrion, are my favourite characters!!! It will be interesting to see what Jaime and Brienne are up to. Hopefully they save Sansa before creepy Littlefinger does something.

Hooves, I agree regarding the unpredictability. Major characters dont always have happy endings and that's the beauty of the series I think. There's always one pivotal moment that has you yelling "Noooooooo!!!!!!". It's interesting also that Rickon and Osha haven't been mentioned in the last 2 books. I wonder where they've gone? Do you think they've gone to Howland Reed and maybe that is how the Lyanna-Rhaegar story comes to light although how it gets back to JS, if at all, I have no idea!

Do you believe Ramsay's letter is real and all that he says happened (or will happen)? If so, that throws a spanner in the works...

Another reason why I believe SL is who I think is that Ser Barristan mentions her and her child in his final chapter for DwD. I think when and if Dany returns to Mereen she will follow the "Griffs" and take Ser B. He obviously had a thing for Ashara so he will know SL if that is not her true identity. Awww now wouldn't there be a happy ending for a change.
    Last edited by TeenyT; 21-12-2011 at 10:45.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have come across the post a few times ...haven't read or watched the TV series...
    But I am interested to do both...my question is can you buy the TV series ....and where is the bet place to buy the book ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm reading book 3 atm.. Can't even cope with all the main characters that get killed off can't stop reading though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lovepurple: I haven't been able to find the tv series locally, so I am not sure where you can find it. Maybe try the HBO website, and see if you can buy it through them?

Lou: Yes the characters dying is I think what keeps you reading. You realise pretty quickly this fantasy is not going to be anything fairytale like. I think it is what is keeping me going, the need to know, what happens to my favourites. lol

I am finding myself skipping ahead a bit, looking for characters and what they are doing now, as I get a bit impatient to learn more about them. lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Teeny, Aquarius and a little loopy, how do you find keeping up with the whole story. I tend to get lost as to who is who, sometimes, and find myself having to go back and remind myself who is who, and what side they are on.

There are honestly not many bit characters in this series. They are all interconnected and kind of have some interaction with everyone. I am really struggling with keeping the characters straight in my mind as I am reading.

I haven't watched the tv series at all, but can't wait until I can.

Thanks
    Reviews
    HOOVES -
    Is this the first season??????
    http://store.hbo.com/game-of-thrones...=SMM-HBO-00045

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hooves, I find I often have to refer back and re-read certain sections of the earlier couple of books for a refresh. With the books the size they are, its a big ask to remember everything! I find his appendices help as far as keeping track of who is who and to which king they are loyal (or pretend to be).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast