ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default OB at the Northwest Private Hospital

Hi,
    I have recently discovered that I m pregnant with my second child. For our first we were in Sydney and I had a good network of friends that I could call on for advice on the where and who. We have since moved to Brisbane and now I need to find an OB, we have narrowed it down to going to Northwest as it is closer to where we live from the private hospitals. Can anyone recommend an OB at Northwest, does anyone have any experience with Dr Eva Kretowicz. I am considering her from the list as she has two surgeries where she sees patients one at Northwest and the other in the city near my work.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I've been referred to dr kretowicz as well & I have my first appointment with her next week but just wanted to ask if you did go with her & what your experience is?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I did go with Dr Kretowicz for convenience as her surgery is around the corner from my work. She is good, tells is straight so don't expect a touchy feely approach from her. So far we haven't confirmed the type of delivery we are having, as I have a low lying placenta and few fibroids in the way, she prefers to wait til after 26 weeks as apparently the situation might change things might move, which is something that I liked about her. So fare I have no complaints.
    Good Luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I had DD with Bob Watson at the North West, and I can definitely recommend him. I also saw Hasan Titiz, who was also good. I don't know Eva - sorry. I can definitely recommend the hospital as a great place to have a child. I had a very good experience with them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Aline View Post
    Hi, I did go with Dr Kretowicz for convenience as her surgery is around the corner from my work. She is good, tells is straight so don't expect a touchy feely approach from her. So far we haven't confirmed the type of delivery we are having, as I have a low lying placenta and few fibroids in the way, she prefers to wait til after 26 weeks as apparently the situation might change things might move, which is something that I liked about her. So fare I have no complaints.
    Good Luck
    Thanks for that. I've heard mixed reviews on her from being really great to being horrible with no bedside manner. My pregnancy may be classed as high risked & it's going to be scary the whole way & I'm worried she won't be sensitive enough to my needs. I'll guess I'll have to wait & see. But if I go in with a fairly good idea of how she is with patients then it might not be so bad.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If anyone uses Dr Titiz i just pray it doesn't end up like me. it took a midwife to tell him i needed a c-section i was bleeding everywhere on the way to surgary there was a cleaner following my bed with a mop to clean up all the blood. he used forceps that ended up splitting my daughters lip and cuting her nose he used the suction and pulled with so much forse that he was pulling me off the bed when the suction came off my daughters head he fell backwards. i ended up having to have a general and after that a blood transfusion i wasn't alut to hold my daughter for almost 24hours she was put on pain killers from birth because her head was bleeding from the suction. she was a week old before she could have a bath and she was in special care for a week. the first photos i have of my baby are a baby with a black head from bruses nasel gastric tube feed. she was 2 before she had her first hair cut because the damage to her head wad so bad. her hair finally grew back but she does have a scar from it. he turned what was ment to be the happiest day of my life into a nightmare that i truly didnt think i was going to servive i had midwives stay hours after there shift had finnished to make sure i was still alive and one even came to see me the next day after she went home to her husband crying and said if she ever had to work with him again she would quiet her job.