So do you think we could set something up?
1. A minimum post count of 300+
2. Businesses are responsible to supply their own proof of purchase by customer, simply by supplying registered/express post or a signed receipt.
3. A disclaimer that BH is mnot responsible for business transactions gone sour.
4. Categorize businesses by their services ie. professional, trades, handmade etc.
5. The forum/directory can be visible for outsiders of BubHub as this will just increase exposure?
6. Allow Facebook pages.
7. Perhaps a fee to get rid of fraudsters, like perhaps $5p/month?
8. Have 1 admin or more be responsible for this new WAHM section, or have 1 admin for each category?
Does anyone want to add or change anything in this list? Please make suggestions if you have any, so we can make this work
Results 31 to 40 of 66
12-10-2011 15:06 #31-
- Join Date
- Sep 2009
The Following User Says Thank You to Misschief For This Useful Post:
12-10-2011 15:13 #32
All sounding feasible atm.
Just one concern about where you draw the line to distinguish what is a WAHP business. Do we make it a bubhub members directory and anyone with more than 300 posts who wants to pay the $5/month can have a listing in there to promote their business?
12-10-2011 15:14 #33
Happy to link to Facebook - just reiterating that my earlier comments about facebook relate to our business directory, not to something that we might set up in the forum for members.
12-10-2011 15:16 #34
Will have to look into the logistics of the monthly payment. I agree that it keeps the directory current - you're not going to pay $5/month if you are not running the business anymore.
Other option is that it's free but you have to put a link back to Bubhub on your website and/or Facebook page ?
12-10-2011 15:21 #35Senior Member
- Join Date
- Oct 2011
You could always use itrader for vbulletin, when I ran a forum we had a buy sell and trade section, people could leave feedback after transactions and it was clear the forum was not to be held responsible.
Would website design be allowed? or is that a service?
The Following User Says Thank You to Lovemyfam For This Useful Post:
12-10-2011 15:22 #36
itrader sounds like an option worth exploring.
i think the general consensus is that bubhubber members can promote any wah business - so if it's a service like web design, that's fine. Might need to use you myself when we get swamped here
12-10-2011 15:33 #37-
- Join Date
- Sep 2009
You might find you get quite busy if the WAHP's want to expand from Facebook to a proper website hahaha
I dont mind paying a fee to keep it current, or indeed you can link back to BubHub. Though not sure how that would work with Facebook?
Like, my page I cant really put any headers on there I think. I can "like" BubHub on Facebook with my page, but as far as I know, that's all you can do with a Facebook page?
On the other hand, if its easy to link back to BubHub, than tricksters would still do just that. People normally get hit the hardest with money. I dont think they'd be prepared to spend $5,- per month just to prank/trick people.
You could set up a PayPal service or even a Direct Debit/Deposit system?
12-10-2011 16:01 #38
I agree that the link back is too easy for someone who's not a serious WAHP to do and it's not a regular monthly thing.
You can add a link to bubhub in your info on your page.
12-10-2011 16:03 #39
With a facebook link-back, I'd say that your page likes our page and then our page appears in the featured likes in the left hand column of your page. Does that make sense?
12-10-2011 16:11 #40
Okay, so my thoughts for the forum are...:
- WAHHubber Forum, with a sub-forum called 'The WAHHubber Directory'.
- 1 or 2 mods assigned to specifically moderate the WAHHubbers, even current mods, I think Nomsie (?) has a FB business so understands the ins and outs.
- $5 fee per month via PayPal in order to retain your 'WAHHubber' status on the forum.
- WAHHubber in your title on your profile.
- An image signature that is the same shape as a ticker and has a 'WAHHubber - BubHub' logo on it that links to their online site/shop.
- A listing including a blurb and image in a category thread in 'The WAHHubber Directory'.
- Being able to support fellow hubbers in their WAHP ventures.
- Being able to discuss WAHP business (but not link to their business in any way) in the forum. Eg. Ideas for market stalls etc...
- If a Bub Hub member finds a business via the section and is 'ripped off' and can prove it, the hubber will have their WAHHubber status removed at the mods discretion.
- 'Illegal' sigs will be identifiable as they wont have the logo.
- Bub Hub holds no responsibility for any transactions made through businesses found via Bub Hub.
The Following User Says Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:
Prams and StrollersLooking to buy a pram or stroller? :: Viewer reviews of prams :: Pram Buyers ...
LATESTHow to get your kids to bring home empty lunch boxesIs the secret to saving for your child’s education in your home loan?Games to play with your baby – newborn to 12 months
POPULARWhen can I start giving chores to my children?New baby nursery checklist – a guide to newborn essentialsWhat to pack for labour and hospital – a checklist
FORUMS - chatting now ...
Best pregnancy test for PCOSConception & Fertility General Chat
Egg Donation in Greece #5Egg Donation
IVF babies due March/April/May 2017#2pregnancy and babies through IVF
What age can teenagers consent to flu needles?Immunisation & Vaccines
Tea drinkers unite!General Chat
Is the name Evie really that popular? (Particularly in NSW)Choosing Baby Names
Kindergarten question4 year olds