+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Well it was fairly mutual for us.

Ever since we've known each other, we both knew we wanted kids young. We both want 4.

If he had his way, I would've been pregnant at 16 when we first met!

After he proposed, I had already been thinking I was finally ready to have a child and so we dicussed it and decicded that we would start trying after our engagement party.

We went away the week after our engagement party on the 4th April to a lovely Sebal Resort and that was going to be our "start trying for a baby" weekend...I got my period that morning haha DF was not pleased lol But still that marked the begininng of our TTC and back then I knew nothing about TTC or ovulation - I just knew we needed to have s3x lol...but Looking back from a more educated POV now, I see that we conveived on the 18th when I was ovulating and at my most fertile point in my cycle

next time around when we strat trying it will again be mutual - unless it happens by surprise in which case it will be a mutual surprise

Thanks
    Reviews
    Neither .. It just happened

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It was Dh that decided in our case. I wasn't really 100% on board but he was itching to have babies. He told me he was ready on our second date, so I did know what I was in for. About 18 months later I had a virus while on the pill and conceived during that month. So while Ds1 was a surprise he was totally expected. Once I was pregnant I knew all would be ok and never had a moment of wanting anything different.

Ds2 was a "lets start trying next month- don't worry I'm pregnant"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Mutual decision. No one has the final say, if we both agree then it's all systems go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Last time, it was mutual. Now I want to ttc, but he doesn't.

Our conversation last night was:

Me: btw, I expect to be ovulating in about 10-12 days, so be ready

Him: (horror) what? After all our recent childcare/money stress, you want another baby? That's crazy.

Me: it's not crazy, my eggs are dying as I speak.

Him: no, your hormones are making you crazy and illogica. I have evidence that hormones make women irrational - x (friend) is having a third child with y (friend). No logical person would have any more children with y.

Me: no, just do what I say! I'm old, and I want a baby. It's easier to agree than to argue with me every month as I argue better.

Him: (sulked, and went back to tv)

I should have never encouraged him to go to uni. He used to be really pliable. That's what happens when you let men get an education and escape the kitchen.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was ready this year. In August Hubby decided (after me constantly trying to tempt him)

now he's more excited than I am!

Hopefully we can have one!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We decided that we would start trying around august/september.

But i think my cluckiness and constant " i want a baby/ i cant wait to have another baby" drove him insane and one day he said well why dont we just start TTC now? I was pregnant by july He is SO excited about it all now, when before i was pregnant he didnt get why i was so clucky.