+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Who decides when you have a baby?

Im just curious as to who makes the final decision as to when you have a baby? You? Or your DP? Or is it a compromise? What if you cant come to a compromise? Then what do you do?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    It's a mutual decision for us

Shortiii is offline Baby H v2.0 - Anticipating April release
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Well, the decision on timing was up to me.

But the decision to have another baby was mutual.

Weve been debating whether having 2 or 3 kids, and until DH is okay with having 3, I wouldn't consider going behind his back or having a surprise baby. I love that together we have decided to have a baby, its a wonderful feeling

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    both... We both agreed we wanted a thrid child and decided to start ttc in the second part of the year. Then I said I was ready last month and well we both agreed and here we are ttc bubba number 3.

Thanks
    Reviews
    we could never really compromise without getting into an arguament. i fell pregnant outa surprise and i had a m/c . and after that i decide i wanted to try again. but he didnt. we kept saying we would get pregnant on a certain month but when that month came there was always an excuse for not getting pregnant. 2 yrs later....

this one was a planned surprise (planned on getting pregnant at end of year but it happend sooner and wasnt trying, ovulation happened later than expected) so this time it was a, you have to put up with it thing because im already pregnant. he is getting used to it. he wants to be a dad just not yet.

it is differant for every couple. sometimes both agree that the time is right. others dont. unfortunatly.

hope you can come to a compromise

Thanks
    Reviews
    We both made the choice that we like 4 as a number but after each baby I have said no more and DH said that it made him sad but he accepted it. DD2 was a suprise, and then by the time DD2 was 1 I was ready despite what I had said earlier, but DH no longer wanted one right then, he had gotten used to there only being 2 and wanted it to stay like that for a while longer. So when DD2 was 1.5 we were both ready and started trying and it took 6 months (just found out). We are going to see how #3 goes, whether or not we end up with the 4.

So I guess that is the long story of... it has been mutual, but at the same time when the other hasn't wanted another one we have both accepted that. If one person doesn't want another baby or a baby in the first place, I think that wish should be held above the person who wants one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TinyLittleTootsies View Post
    We both made the choice that we like 4 as a number but after each baby I have said no more and DH said that it made him sad but he accepted it. DD2 was a suprise, and then by the time DD2 was 1 I was ready despite what I had said earlier, but DH no longer wanted one right then, he had gotten used to there only being 2 and wanted it to stay like that for a while longer. So when DD2 was 1.5 we were both ready and started trying and it took 6 months (just found out). We are going to see how #3 goes, whether or not we end up with the 4.

So I guess that is the long story of... it has been mutual, but at the same time when the other hasn't wanted another one we have both accepted that. If one person doesn't want another baby or a baby in the first place, I think that wish should be held above the person who wants one.
    we want 4 aswell but could never decide on when to start. he said we have started now and cant stop at one. (we dont like the idea of an only child) so im happy with that.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MonkeySeeMonkeyDo For This Useful Post:

TinyLittleTootsies  (06-10-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was just saying to my hubby last night wouldn't it be nice to be able to say let's try for a baby now. We never stopped trying.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Definately mutual! Our decision was discussed in depth before we started trying.

Not sure how it would work it one person wanted a baby and the other didnt? I wouldnt be able to start trying unless both of us were happy and wanted the same thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well ds1 was a surprise baby, so he decided :P

We both wanted kids and were going to ttc this year, so it was just a little sooner than expected but all good :-D

And again we both want more but undecided on timing. We want to have a bit of back up savings before number 2, but hopefully I get one of the many jobs I've applied for lately then we can ttc number 2 next year