+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Question OPK advice??

So I know a lot of you lovely ladies use or have used OPKs. I dont know very much about them so I was wondering if some of you could explain to me how they work and whether they have helped you fall pregnant? If so I was wondering what brand you use and where you get them from?
    Last edited by starflame; 05-10-2011 at 12:25. Reason: extra question

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I use ones from Lullabye Conceptions, you can get them from Oracle Fertility too. Google them both and the stores should come up

You use them as you would a home pregnancy test, though they detect ovulation instead. You use them daily until you get a positive, once you get a positive it means you are going to ovulate within 36 hours or so. Use them at 2pm as that's when your LH (the hormone OPKs detect) surge peaks.
    A positive is two lines where the test line is as dark as or darker than the control line. If the test line isn't as dark as or darker then its a negative.

With DD2 I used them and got pregnant first cycle. We only DTD once that cycle and it was after we got the positive OPK. I got the positive OPK, told DH, he asked if I wanted another baby, and that was that
    I had them to use with DD1 but I got pregnant before I could even use them.

HTH.
    Last edited by Guest1234; 05-10-2011 at 12:34.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest1234 For This Useful Post:

starflame (05-10-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by starflame View Post
    So I know a lot of you lovely ladies use or have used OPKs. I dont know very much about them so I was wondering if some of you could explain to me how they work and whether they have helped you fall pregnant? If so I was wondering what brand you use and where you get them from?
    I have a Clear Blue Fertility Monitor, I also use dip stick tests off Ebay and closer to December (I am currently just charting to pin point ovulation) I will get some Digital smiley tests

Yes I am a POAS addict LOL

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Hokey Pokey For This Useful Post:

starflame (05-10-2011)

b4us is offline aspiring to be better then yesterday
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i use the oricale fertility opks when i started with opks i would start testing on cd10 twice a day 2pm and 6pm and 2hrs before testing empty your bladder and hold your bladder for 2hrs some say 4 hrs but i cant and avoid fluids for the 2hrs
    when you learn your cycle pattern you can test abit less i only get positive opk at 2pm so i dont need to test anymore at 6pm and i only get positives after cd13 so i start at cd 12 so i can see the fade in effect (every woman is different)
    when you get your positive opk you will ovulate 12 - 36 hrs later so it is best to dtd day of positive opk and 2 days there after
    we have been trying for 12 months and still no bfp but i only have one tube
    but i have heard alot of bfp with the help of opks
    good luck

7. The Following User Says Thank You to b4us For This Useful Post:

starflame (05-10-2011)