+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default When your childs birthday falls on a weekday

DS2's birthday falls on a Wednesday this year, I am still unsure whether or not I am throwing him a party yet but I was wondering when your child's birthday falls on a weekday, especially mid week, would you throw the party the weekend before, or the weekend after?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Either would be fine I reckon. I would probably pick the weekend closest to DS's actual birthday, but on a Wed, either would be fine!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DD1 I always have a party for the weekend before, the weekend after is Fathers Day and people complained.

DD2 has it the weekend after as hers falls in the last week of school holidays and most people are away the week before still.

DD3 we will have her party the weekend after.

Dam auto correct changing my spelling!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Whichever is the most convenient.

Otherwise I tend to go the weekend after (like with my own) because then I'm having the party to celebrate having turned a certain age, not still waiting to turn that age. Iykwim.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Whichever suits me most.

I don't think anyone is going to particularly care tbh.

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    If I'm unsure I canvass the people i know i will *really* want to be there, and choose the weekend that will let the most of them come. I'd hate to have a choice of dates and pick one that meant a loved one couldn't come.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    In my family, we always go the weekend after - very superstitious about celebrating things before they happen....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Party will have to be on a Sunday so it will be 5 days before or 5 days after, just seems like if I throw it before it will ruin his actual Birthday, and if I throw it after it will be kind of pointless. Am opting toward the wknd after though, just becauce I think more people will be able to make it and it's more notice, I'm kind of put off parties though as last year I went to all the traouble planning a huge party for my son's 1st birthday and half the people that rsvp'd didnt show up, actually didn't even get a text to say they wont be able to make it so that sucked. This yr will be close family and friends, I would hold it on the actual wednesday but nobody would be able to come.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I always thought the party was supposed to be after the birthday, so I would be looking at the following weekend even if their birthday fell on a Monday.

That is just me though.

Edit - but this year my daughters birthday is on the Monday and we are having the party on the preceding Saturday. It feels odd to me to have the party before her actual birthday, but just how things turned out this time.
    Last edited by sweetseven; 05-10-2011 at 16:05.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know you said you can't manage a party on the actual birthday, but I always try to, as that is their birthday. Once they get to school this actually works really well. You can organise to collect all the kids from school and then the parents just collect from your house.
    When having it on the weekend, for a Wednesday birthday I'd go for the Sunday before as that would be closest to the actual day.