+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default New Mattress?

Oh wow sleeping is so hard atm! My poor hubby gets woken up evrytime I roll over which is every 5 minutes!!

I'm only 18 wks but so uncomforatable. We need a new mattress and was just wondering if anyone else bought a new mattress while preggers? Anyone know of any brilliant ones??

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not sure about mattresses but I have a mattress topper - you know the ones that look like egg cartons? It has helped HEAPS as I've come along in my pregnancy, and I've heard other pregnant women rave about them too. So nice on your sore hips.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We just bought a new mattress, I'm 12 weeks tomorrow. As soon as I found out I was preg I told DH I can't do another pregnancy on that mattress. We ended up with a sleepmaker natures way one in medium firmness. It's soft enough for my body, but firm enough so DH doesn't feel like he's sinking. I love it! I got it from Sleepys and they had heaps there I could try. The gel ones were fantastic, but out of our price range.

As the PP said, toppers are a great option too. My DD has a topper and has slept fantastically since we got it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We brought a latex mattress when I was 20 weeks pregnant with DD. Our old one was so crap and I could hardly move when I woke up.

The mattress wasn't cheap by any stretch, but worth it. It's a lot harder for dust mites to breed in them and they last for years. Only downside, they weigh a TON. I can't move it on my own.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah we got a new one when I was about 20 weeks cause we knew it would only get harder to sleep on a bad mattress. I can't remember what type but it's a medium thickness pillowtop. Like others have said, alot of $$$ but worth it when your pregnant. We got one with the individual springs (can't remember what it's called but a sales person will tell you) and it basically means only the springs under you move when you roll over rather then all of them so it's less partner disturbance which is a great idea for pregnancy and midnight feeds. It's true too cause I barely feel my partner move now.
    Also, keep an eye out for sales. We got ours from Harvey Norman and they had 45% off pillowtops! Crazy! Saved over $1000!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    latex latex latex....it is expensive but curves to every bump in your body and gives amazing support.
    i bought a kings size (def go king size) just before i fell pregnant and it was the best thing ever.