+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default maybe baby ferning

hey girls,
    this is my first month using maybe baby instead of OPK's. I am on CD12 and this morning have 'partial ferning'. It is very thin, and lots of patches of it, covering maybe 70% of the slide.
    How long do you find it takes from this point to the day of ovulation?

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    To be honest - I gave up on maybe baby.... So many times I had exactly what you have and then the next days nothing at all just dots.... then ferns again and then dots.... It was very confusing, I did have a few times where the whole thing pretty much had ferns everywhere, I started peeing on O tests at the same time as mabe baby and they were conflicting each other so I stopped both - Sorry I know I am not much help.
    Hope you fina a way to make it work for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bought a Maybe Baby this month as I was sick of wasting money on OPKs and thought if I could do it this way it would be easier. Well, I went from dots to full blown ferns within 24 hours. and then back to dots within another 12 hours. it was the only time I saw the ferns. the OPK said positive on the same day, so I have no idea how this thing works, if it worked for me at all.

Too confusing, I'm going to stick to the OPKs

Thanks
    Reviews
    My fertility dr told me today that he would not recommend the maybe baby ferning/saliva tests at all and can't believe they're on the market. Best ones are clear blue and first response opk's from the supermarket. Sorry not trying to make anyone upset who uses them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had dots the whole 6 months I was using it with no ferning.
    I have a baby boy asleep downstairs.
    Go figure!?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did the same thing. Brought maybe baby because pos method was starting to cost to much. I had dots and lines for few days then ferns. I also did opk the same day and never got that dark line. I decided to invest in some Internet cheap test so I could pee on a stick everyday. Still no dark line. Figured I'm not ovulating so have now seen a doctor to see what I can do about getting a normal cycle first.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe baby never worked for me either!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was one of the lucky ones it worked for. I had usually 2-3 days of partial ferning, 1-2 of full ferning. But the period after that was not reliable, i used it for two months and the first month it changed back and forth between partial ferning and pebbles, the second month was nearly all pebbles. My suggestion is to ignore what it does in the luteal period!
    Last edited by champagne; 26-04-2012 at 23:07. Reason: typo

Thanks
    Reviews
    I only ever had one full fern on maybe baby, despite persisting for months. Sometimes I would have to test 3 times on one day to get partial ferns when I knew I 'should' be ovulating. My strongest readings were around day 16/17 of my cycle even when I felt o pains on CD14.... so I don't know... But then when I swapped to POAS tests, I never got a positive on them either and fell pregnant anyway... so maybe there's some of us they don't work for?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used it as a contraception for a while. I found the best time to test was in the arvo, 2 hours or so after lunch. i got 1-2 days of partial ferning then full blown ferning for 1 day then partial after that for 1-2 days. So yeeah it worked for me.