ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Improving your health to help with TTC journey.

If you've thought about or an in the process of improving your health to help you get UTD - this is the place for you!!!!

Hopefully, we can all support each other in both the getting healthy bit and the TTC bit.

We have been TTC for around 12-18mths and I believe my poor health MUST be playing some role. I am going to make better choice about what I eat and how I spend my time. I don't know exactly what I am going to do, but I am going to do something different because doing it the same way I have been doing it doens't seem to be working.

Looking forward to chatting to you all

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi Buttoneska, I think that I need to be joining in here too. I lost 27kgs before I had DD and have gained back all but 7kgs of it. We are just casually ttc at the moment because I have a chronic wound that I would like healed before I fall pregnant, but frankly if I get pregnant in the mean time, so be it.

I (possibly like you) love goooood food so that doesn't help me but I have been more active lately walking about 2kms 4-5 times a week. Granted 2km isn't all that far but on hills while pushing DD on her trike it is a decent walk.

As stupid as this sounds, I really don't want to go back to my OB as big as I am now, which is stupid but might be a good motivation.
    Last edited by SpecialPatrolGroup; 23-09-2011 at 14:52.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know what u mean, I'm not entirely comfortable going to Dr just yet. I know we have been ttc for long enough to go but it just seems odd to ask for medical assistance when I haven't really tried to lose weight. Intact I'm 16kg heavier at 116kg then I was when Ihad my miscarriage 18mths ago. for me the weight creaps on a bit at a time without me really noticing.

I am going to cook some meals on weekend and freeze because I eat the worst when im not organised.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Epic fail

My resolve to be good didn't last long - I had a magnum tonight tsk tsk tsk. But we did go for a nice long walk this afternoon, and I put 6 vegetables (if you count the canned tomatoes) into my chicken lasagna *scrambling to justify*, and I used ricotta instead of becamel which I think is lower in fat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree but cant stop eating junk!! Can happily cook a healthy meal but then i will pig out later on Since my implanon was removed and then diagnosed with PCOS I have gained another 5kg just like that *SNAP*!!!
    Seriously considering joining Weight Watchers, has anyone else joined and had success?

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mylittlefamily View Post
    I agree but cant stop eating junk!! Can happily cook a healthy meal but then i will pig out later on Since my implanon was removed and then diagnosed with PCOS I have gained another 5kg just like that *SNAP*!!!
    Seriously considering joining Weight Watchers, has anyone else joined and had success?
    being a bit of a thread crasher here, but just wanted to say i lost 10kg in 8 weeks on WW, i was on their forums and 3 of us who were losing weight before ttc, ended up UTD before we got to our goal weight accidentally i really really truly believe my body was fit and healthy and ready to make a baby. I loved WW, it took a little while to get your head around it, but it was great.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think I fit in here woohoo

Will be ttc (again) after march/April 2012, I need a reversal so want to be in very good shape before then.

I could do with losing a few kilos too,lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome all!! I am about to spend the day cooking some meals for the freezer - plan is to eat a heavier carb meal at lunch and then a lighter protein based meal at dinner. Im not being too fussy about what I eat or counting calories or anyhting because it just doesn't work for me.

But if I can stop the junk and takeaway and replace with home cooked meals I actaully enjoy then I figure its agood start.

I am going to make:
    Lunches - tuna pasta bake, some sort of tom and veg pasta, pumpkin canneloni, maybe a risotto?
    Dinners - Chicken and mushroom filos, won tons for soup, chow min, pumpkin&chickpea curry.

I thought I would also trycutting up veggies this week and keeping them in little zip lock bags inside my vegie containers. So they are already to go and i just put them in my steamer. Either to go with the frozen meals or to go with some grilled meat etc?

I will let you know how I get on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I have made a big leap and joined Weight watchers online. Only on day 3 so far but I really like that it makes me accountable for what I eat and my exercise (which is only taking Freya for a ride on her trike for a couple of k's). I am still coming to grips with the points and all of that stuff but it seems like a fairly sensible way of losing weight, unlike the low carb diets I have done in the past which are completely insane IMO.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies!

Thought I'd join in on the thread, hoping to start TTC in Feb. and would just love to be the healthiest me before hand. Looking forward to getting to know you all and going through all this with the support of each other

How has it all been going for everyone? Buttoneska how are you finding having the prepared meals going? and SPG how is WW going? do you think you've found your way around the points system?